JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Had a post typed out complaining about my crappy day and I hit done instead of past. Made me really upset. I had a really $hitty morning. But I spent my break outside in the sun. It is gorgeous out. I say outside my favorite cafe and soaked up the rays. I'm feeling much more optimistic I think. I was ready to cry about an hour ago. But I think I'm okay now.

My manager is off this week and my head teller was insanely stressed about something this morning and was getting kind of snappy with me. I felt particularly stupid this morning. It was like my brain was on autopilot but they autopilot was set on the wrong course. It was terrible. Now my head teller is on break so I'm hoping she comes back not as stressed.

I just can't wait to be home. I miss my DH so much. I think I'm going to need to spend some time cuddling.

Hope your afternoon goes much better and it flies for you. Sometimes a hubby's arms is the best place to be.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Yay I did it! Front and back garden completely revamped in just two days - clearing, mowing, pruning, weeding, jetwashing and even painting. Am so proud of myself - I’m usually rubbish at this stuff but I did it all on my own. Absolutely exhausted as it’s been really hot too but v satisfied kind of tiredness!

onday (bank holiday) Goals
    - Rest day from workout ✅
    - 10k steps ✅ 14.5K
    - Buy paint ✅ and remembered roller, sanding stuff and got all the painting done!
    - Do front garden - clear and jet wash steps ✅
    - Batch cook veggies ✅ could have done without this but I had no food ready for work tomorrow so gritted my teeth!
    - Early early night! ✅ 9:18 and I’m about to sign off.

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - 12k steps
    - 2ltr water
    - 15 mins outside exercise
    - Stick to calorie goal
    - Call conveyancing guy
    - Type up children’s stories
    - Finish clothes online shop
    - Amazon order
    - Early night

Hugs and cheers to those who need them and a very good night to you all x

That's a lot of work to do alone, Great Job!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Yay I did it! Front and back garden completely revamped in just two days - clearing, mowing, pruning, weeding, jetwashing and even painting. Am so proud of myself - I’m usually rubbish at this stuff but I did it all on my own. Absolutely exhausted as it’s been really hot too but v satisfied kind of tiredness!

onday (bank holiday) Goals
    - Rest day from workout ✅
    - 10k steps ✅ 14.5K
    - Buy paint ✅ and remembered roller, sanding stuff and got all the painting done!
    - Do front garden - clear and jet wash steps ✅
    - Batch cook veggies ✅ could have done without this but I had no food ready for work tomorrow so gritted my teeth!
    - Early early night! ✅ 9:18 and I’m about to sign off.

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - 12k steps
    - 2ltr water
    - 15 mins outside exercise
    - Stick to calorie goal
    - Call conveyancing guy
    - Type up children’s stories
    - Finish clothes online shop
    - Amazon order
    - Early night

Hugs and cheers to those who need them and a very good night to you all x

Wowie Zowie, woman! That's a whole lot of work you did there. And now you can reap the benefits! I hope you have lots of joy enjoying your yard/garden and that it is an oasis for you this summer.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea.
    2. Input grades. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Take posters down. Post sign for exam. Email principal about additional photocopies. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Summer Prince.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 5k; aim for 7.
    4. Write discussion post. Review assignment for Week 5. Review audition song.
    5. Gym after school; steps to 10k; aim for 12. Chop more celery. Dinner - Soup plus?
    6. Practice audition song. Meds by 7:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - aim for 16 laps in 30 minutes.
    2. Input two reflections and ALL LATE WORK. Check on summer project and research next year. Email principal about additional photocopies. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Summer Prince.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Write discussion post. Review assignment for Week 5. Review audition song.
    5. Gym after school for strength training. Chop more celery. Prep cheese. Dinner - Salad?
    6. Practice audition song. Meds by 7:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    JFT, 5/7/18

1. LOG ALL FOOD :)As much as I dont want to I will. Lol
    2. MAKE SENSIBLE FOOD CHOICES! :DNot so much...Pizza and chocolate chips
    3. Spend 15 minutes outside :)Actually a half an hour. Spent my break out in the sunshine
    4. Pack a lunch :)Didnt eat it though. Had a sick stomach on and off all day
    5. Work 8:15-5:15 :)Crappy day though
    6. Only 2 cups of coffee at work! :)Stuck to my 4 cup limit! 1at home, 1 on the way in, 1 halfway through the morning and 1 at lunch
    7. Pick up milk on the way in :)Got a protein bar as well. That was my lunch
    8. Pick up another test :DWas going to at lunch but I needed to soak up some vitamin D to try and improve my mood
    9. Dinner/Dishes :|Pizza because I was lazy and upset. Didnt even attempt to do the dishes. I really need to do them!
    10. Pens game/DH time :)Currently in overtime/Spent most of the evening cuddled up with the DH's lap
    11. Tech off by 10:15 :)Probably. Depends on how long the game lasts.
    12. Lights off by 11 :)Also probably, depends on game as well.

Got pizza for dinner, but got a small one. So I will call that a win. Ate half of it but the pieces were so small that I only counted them as two. Lol. Also broke into the chocolate chips. I was craving chocolate something fierce and that was the only thing we had in the house. I only had about a 1/3 of a cup of them but it was still more then I should have had. Spent most of the evening cuddled up with the DH somewhere in between asleep and awake. It was kind of nice. I think my bed is calling my name but this game is an elimination game that is currently in overtime! I can't miss this! Lol. So I will make my list real quick and sign off.

JFT, 5/8/18

1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Eat the food I brought for lunch yesterday!
    3. Pay more attention to what you are doing at work
    4. Ask questions even if L thinks you are stupid
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Spend lunch outside
    7. 2 cups of coffee at work
    8. Bring clothes to change into
    9. Get hair done
    10. Leftovers for dinner/DO THE DISHES!!
    11. DH time
    12. Tech off by 10:15
    13. Night routine
    14. Bed by 11

Well, the Pens just lost and are out of the playoffs but they did just win the last two Stanely Cups so it's okay. Lol. And I have 15 minutes before I'm going to get ready for bed. Lol.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    SO JFT, Monday
    1. go to the gym -- skipped this today and yesterday, so need to get back on track here :)
    2. log all food :) Trying to concentrate on more veggies
    3. plan menus. I did kinda plan menus, and went and got lots of veggies, etc., just need to do more planning for each day :) Helps SO much when things are planned -- need to remember this!
    4. cut up all the veggies I bought so they are ready to snack on :)
    5. do tiny habits:
    after shower ... take vitamin :)
    after breakfst ... fill up water bottle :/ Filled it up ... but only refilled it one time. So tonite I will need to get like 6 glasses of water drank!
    after dinner ... brush and floss teeth ***** This one I keep forgetting! :/
    6. work on business tax stuff - I am so far behind with bookkeeping :/
    7. work on quilt :/
    8. ask myself if I am really hungry :)
    9. drink 8+ glasses of water --- april challenge :/
    10. walk 15 minutes outside -- may challenge :) And even got hubby to go with me :)
    11. get back on here be accountable :)

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on eating more veggies
    3. work on business stuff - really behind on bookkeeping!
    4. tiny habits
    after shower .... vitamin
    after breakfast ... fill up and DRINK water bottle - refill 4x
    after dinner ... brush and floss teeth
    5. evening snack on veggies
    6. concentrate on water -- april challenge
    7. go for 15 minute walk - may challenge
    8. get back on here ... be acccountable
    REMEMBER my MAY goal -- to be OUT OF THE 190s!. Keep going!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 My DH's arms are my favorite place to be. It got better about 2 hours before work.

Today was the first day in about 6 months since I really needed to take something for my anxiety. Problem is I dont take that medication anymore because I haven't needed it and I cant take it if I'm pregnant anyway. I made it through the day and am hoping for a brighter tomorrow!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Had a post typed out complaining about my crappy day and I hit done instead of past. Made me really upset. I had a really $hitty morning. But I spent my break outside in the sun. It is gorgeous out. I say outside my favorite cafe and soaked up the rays. I'm feeling much more optimistic I think. I was ready to cry about an hour ago. But I think I'm okay now.

My manager is off this week and my head teller was insanely stressed about something this morning and was getting kind of snappy with me. I felt particularly stupid this morning. It was like my brain was on autopilot but they autopilot was set on the wrong course. It was terrible. Now my head teller is on break so I'm hoping she comes back not as stressed.

I just can't wait to be home. I miss my DH so much. I think I'm going to need to spend some time cuddling.

I'm so sorry you had a rough, crappy day, but SO proud of you for getting outside and soaking up some sunshine. There is nothing like nature to change our moods. The more I do this, the more I am realizing that even if it is only 15 minutes, it helps me so much mentally!
    Hopefully you are relaxing tonite and snuggling with your hubby, and hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

The last three days have been unusual. I dealt with some minor emotional depression issues. It has set my milk production back bc I wasn't eating well or pumping on schedule. Therefore, my primary focus this week is to get back on track with milk production. I'm going to pack in calories to give it a boost so it'll be an interesting log for the next few days. The baby was up all night last night so today will be interesting, Lol :lol:

Hugs! Hoping you feel better, and baby will let you sleep all nite <3
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    w2moxcnex3ou.png

I love this .... and so very true!! My hubby complains all the time about how tired he is, how he hates getting old, etc. I keep reminding him that things will only get worse as we get older, so enjoy what we have now, and be grateful we are not in a wheelchair, or like you said, having to wear paper underwear!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 - cuddle with the DH and your lovely kitty.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Log all food :) Including the extra 4 oreos I could not resist
    2. Be kind to yourself :) logged the oreos and moved on
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. 5 lunges every bathroom trip :)
    5. Drop off donation clothes :)
    6. Pick up larger pill pockets at petco :)
    6. Bring dog for a walk - brush dog >:) / :) No walk, just ran around the yard while we cooked on the grill - all the weekends cleaning caught up with me around 2pm yesterday and I crashed hard last night. Did get a good brushing in.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Pick up Egyptian Goddess for mothers day gift
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind to yourself
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Give dog meds
    6. 5 wall push ups every bathroom trip
    7. Brainstorm some more snacks/meals for this week - getting kind of bored with what I've been eating the past 3 weeks. Boredom with my food usually leads to poor choices.
    8. Grill chicken and sausage tonight
    9. Pick up bronze order
    10. Touch base with mortgage broker

Anyone have a go-to easy to throw together lunch or snacks that you love? My morning starts with a protein smoothie, a hard boiled egg mid morning, a low carb wrap with some turkey for lunch, and popcorn or veggies and hummus for an afternoon snack. I try to stay away from dairy, so yogurts don't work for me. Thanks in advance! :)
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'll take care of my injured legs and not push myself so hard.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap M 5/7 ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,194 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 30 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / monitor usual = Did ok all day, net calories w/i limit... then late evening snacking on walnut halves ~ ack!!! >:) Really liking my new calorie limit even if weight loss is slow, but need to figure out what to do about snack attacks ~ I never used to. :#
    3) Evening: mail bday & mother's day cards :smiley: / depoop backyard :smiley: and out with trash for garbage pick-up day / at least 3 more to-do's = put up oriole feeder, refilled other feeders & birdbath, raked part of front yard (so many whirlybirds! that was a good arm workout), put away shirts on office chair, boiled eggs, and remembered to watch Antiques Roadshow Green Bay part 3, then crashed for evening :p
    4) Unplug 9:15 :/ 9:30 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:

JFT T 5/8
    1) Walked dog 3.4 mi 1:02:23 / happy dog & happy me B) / forgot to stretch after :s
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & NO evening snacking / monitor usual
    4) Evening at least 3 - 4 to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:15 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk or workout before work W a.m.)

@junodog1 Love that you're doing bellydancing videos! I used to do those when our satellite TV had them ~ so fun even if I am really uncoordinated. Good luck with your new, used kitty, and hoping both cats get along eventually. When we brought our dog (then puppy) and grown kitty home at the same time from the shelter, we hadn't introduced them to each other. We let the cat set the tone, she was definitely in charge of the puppy, and after their first vet visit together, the cat really bonded with puppy. Now they're best friends.

@AJB1014 You and I eat similar snacks, except for the protein smoothie (I need to chew my breakfast). Maybe try cottage cheese, nuts, or a Kodiak Cakes power muffin (thanks @MLHC1). I also like Wild Roots trail mix bars occasionally.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve been missing again lol!
    The weather here has been scorching for the last 3 days and it was bank holiday!
    On Saturday we went out and bought a coal bbq, for £20 we got the bbq (on a stand with wheels, utensils, coal and firefighters!)
    I can’t really remember what else we did that day, we also bought a kite so I’m pretty sure we went to the park to try fly it but we couldn’t get it going!
    On Sunday we took an hour and 30 min drive to a beach, it was lovely and packed, our disposable bbq didn’t light too well because of the wind but just about cooked a few bits.
    My eldest suddenly needed a wee and with the toilets ages away I just took her in the sea, she threw a massive fit, kicking and screaming, I told her she had to wee then we could get out, as soon as she had one she didn’t want to get out lol!
    Middle child was a nightmare! She kept wandering off, I lost her within 5 mins of being there and found her with a large family a few feet behind us, nothing like losing a kid on a beach with thousands of people to raise your stress levels! She just wouldn’t sit down which meant I couldn’t relax as I wanted too, daddy was doing the bbq and it was a bit much to handle really! Definitely need a couple more adults with us to take a bit of the load off so we’re going to invite parents next time. We left earlier than we wanted to but probably a good decision.

Yesterday my parents had the girls. This was so we could go gym but it was so hot and after the stressful day the day before we decided to have a day out together, we made a picnic and went to the local park and just sat in the sun, drank lots of prosecco and wine haha, got home and did another bbq and more wine, it was delicious, bbq chicken, steak and asparagus on the bbq and I did brown rice and butter-garlic-herb roasted diced potatoes.

Drank a bit too much but stopped early so had a small hangover last night rather than this morning lol! Just a headache, combo of too much alcohol and too much sun!
    Anyway
    I’m not posting goals today. Safe to say I’m absolutely shattered from it all. But will try get back on track tomorrow. Think we’re going shopping today so get some healthy stuff in for myself!
    Anyway it’s 6.30am, the kitchen is an absolute state because we were too tired last night so best get that sorted... after a coffee of course!

I’ve read everyone else’s posts, well done to you all and hugs to those who’ve had difficult times!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend all in all. Losing children is petrifying!

When my girls were young I watched other children to help with expenses. My cousin had 3 children that I watched. With my girls and her 3 they were stair steps in ages. We lived in the corner house going into a cul-de-sac. The kids were allowed to go into the cul-de-sac to play because there were a lot of stay at home Moms, so we all watched out for everyone's. Anyhow this one day, the youngest was having his nap, and I kicked the 4 older ones outside to play. When the youngest woke up he and I went looking for the others in the cul-de-sac and we couldn't find them. We knocked on all of the usual houses to see if they were in backyards, or mooching snacks. Nowhere to be found. I called a friend to come help me look with her car, and we drove around up and down the streets. Their Mother came and we walked the streets. 4 kids all just vanished! We kept telling ourselves, no one would take 4 at once. Finally after about 2 hours of calling and yelling for them, we found them in a church parking lot 1/2 a block away. They were all sitting so nicely on a curb watching older boys skateboard in the parking lot. We grounded them all inside for 2 weeks. It was a very long 2 weeks for me, but they never pulled a stunt like that again.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Log all food :) Including the extra 4 oreos I could not resist
    2. Be kind to yourself :) logged the oreos and moved on
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. 5 lunges every bathroom trip :)
    5. Drop off donation clothes :)
    6. Pick up larger pill pockets at petco :)
    6. Bring dog for a walk - brush dog >:) / :) No walk, just ran around the yard while we cooked on the grill - all the weekends cleaning caught up with me around 2pm yesterday and I crashed hard last night. Did get a good brushing in.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Pick up Egyptian Goddess for mothers day gift
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind to yourself
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Give dog meds
    6. 5 wall push ups every bathroom trip
    7. Brainstorm some more snacks/meals for this week - getting kind of bored with what I've been eating the past 3 weeks. Boredom with my food usually leads to poor choices.
    8. Grill chicken and sausage tonight
    9. Pick up bronze order
    10. Touch base with mortgage broker

Anyone have a go-to easy to throw together lunch or snacks that you love? My morning starts with a protein smoothie, a hard boiled egg mid morning, a low carb wrap with some turkey for lunch, and popcorn or veggies and hummus for an afternoon snack. I try to stay away from dairy, so yogurts don't work for me. Thanks in advance! :)

I've been thinking I need to look for some new food items too. I am so incredibly fussy it makes it more difficult.