Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    First we were talking about Morse Code.

Then we were talking about s'mores.

What about...S'mores Code?

I own this shirt and always bring it camping with me.

ne6q9dmkefz6.png

OMG. You win. :smiley: (totally awesome btw)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I wish gluten free graham crackers were easier to find! :'(
  • Elise4270
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I can confirm that in the interests of science I will be obtaining the necessary ingredients for the creation of s'mores for my next camping trip.

In the interests of science, natch........

My son had a friend that liked Twinkies, so on a grocery store trip with this kid, I got him a box Twinkies. He went on about how awesome they were. My kids had maybe 2 bites before rolling the window down and tossing 'em out.

S'more ARE better than Twinkies. Might have to adjust the Graham cracker/chocolate ratio for your personal taste though. I bet a s'more layered pie would be just perfect. :yum:

I expect a full s'more experiencereport!
  • Elise4270
    Options

I wish I could have chocolate. We'll just sit and watch all the cool kids in their cool shirts eat s'mores.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I wish I could have chocolate. We'll just sit and watch all the cool kids in their cool shirts eat s'mores.

:'(
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we cheat and use these for s'mores

90j2ofsyx21o.jpeg

If you're not at a camp fire, you can really cheat by using the microwave (not nearly as good, of course), though now that I say that, I wonder why I've never tried making them using the flame from our gas stove. Or the pencil torch I use for creme brulee.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

ne6q9dmkefz6.png

@Elise4270 Did you decipher the code?

• Elise4270
    Options

ne6q9dmkefz6.png

@Elise4270 Did you decipher the code?

"I love s'mores" Google loves me.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Pro tip: s'mores with a peanut butter cup instead of the chocolate bar are AWESOME!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options

No chocolate? Oh man... that might be worse than no gluten.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

My grocery store carries several brands. WalMart carries the Shar brand which are eatable, but my favorite are the Kinnikinnick "Smoarables". You might be able to find them on line. We have a fire pit in our back yard, so I go through lots of them. I can't imagine having a camp fire without s'mores.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    5/1 6miles
    5/2 9.92miles
    5/3 6miles
    5/4 12miles
    5/5 6miles
    5/6 rest
    5/7 6.5miles
    5/8 6miles
    5/9 7miles
    5/10 8miles

Yesterday was 7 miles around my neighborhood, not bad. This morning was 6miles then 8 strides. I was feeling tired and slow, but I got it done. I did about a mile and a half through some trails near my kid’s school. I don’t know why my pace really slows. It’s pretty flat, but kinda twisty. Oh well. The change of scenery is what helps me finish these runs.

3/18/2018 Shamrock half marathon
    3/24/2018 Don't Sit on Colon Cancer 5K
    5/28/2018 Run to Remember 5K
    10/7/2018 Crawlin Crab half marathon
    10/13/2018 Joggin for Frogmen 5K
    11/18/2018 Norfolk Harbor half marathon
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pro tip: s'mores with a peanut butter cup instead of the chocolate bar are AWESOME!

Makes mental note to try this next time she has s'mores
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

My grocery store carries several brands. WalMart carries the Shar brand which are eatable, but my favorite are the Kinnikinnick "Smoarables". You might be able to find them on line. We have a fire pit in our back yard, so I go through lots of them. I can't imagine having a camp fire without s'mores.

My grocery store has none. I've had the Shar brand and I think Pamela's before. I've loved every thing Kinnikinnick I've been able to find. I think it is more the area I live in than anything else. Not a huge GF demand.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I love looking at Pinterest for all the s'mores recipes. I found one for a s'mores "chip" dip. It is a good thing I despise cooking.

Nothing exciting here. Speed workout Wed morning, 1 hr weight class in afternoon, 4 mile easy this morning and I am cooked. Tomorrow is another easy day and then the weekend I have one Tempo down the ladder run.

I don't know if I can directly correlate my drinking whey protein 30 min before bed...but I have been sleeping like the dead. Even my little sleep app with my apple watch says my REM time has nearly doubled. But I am also working my *kitten* off, so I might just be tired LOL.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat - I think having the marshmallows would be half the battle but no idea they don't have graham crackers in the UK. They are pretty easy to make at home though with whole wheat flour... here is a recipe I have used. https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/graham-crackers-recipe Also I am a dark chocolate fan and like to make mine with that rather than milk chocolate which would be heresy for s'mores purists!
    My husband doesn't camp so I joined Girl Scouts with my daughter just so we could camp and legitimately eat s'mores!!!
    @lporter229 - we had a fire pit at home growing up! Lots of s'mores, roasted hot dogs and some of the best burgers cooked down in the coals! mmm I can almost taste them!
    @mbaker926 - I was so focused on your pup's mouth I didn't even notice the blanket :)
    @7lenny7 - I love that s'mores code! Pretty sure I need that shirt! I have actually made them using the gas stove burner as well as the BBQ - it works but it is just not the same as making them on a campfire.
    @RunsOnEspresso - I did see some GF Graham Cracker recipes online using brown rice flower as an alternative.
    @bradcharlessimmons - I think the best advice I was given is to enjoy every minute of it, soak it all in and just have fun!
    @polskagirl01 Good luck on your marathon! You are SO ready!
    @ddmom0811 - I was concerned about his paws but I was more concerned when he just stopped. He was so tired too when we got home. I think he just hasn't acclimated to the heat yet either. I am SO sorry about your friend's dog. OMG that is so sad. I know I would be just devastated!

No run for me today. Strength training tonight and going to get my long run in tomorrow since we have family plans on Saturday. I may try to sneak in a short one though since it is supposed to be cool and maybe even drizzly!
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

Just run your own race. Very easy to get caught up in all the excitement of all the runners and spectators at a race and go out way faster than what you trained for. So try to keep it controlled in the first few miles, then will have enough left in the tank to finish strong.
    But don't ignore the cheering spectators. That really does give you the extra boost to sprint to the finish.
    Good Luck, and HAVE FUN!!!!

Thanks so much!! I will try my best, no doubt the adrenaline and excitement will get to me somewhat!

100% agree as this is similar to the 2 pieces of advise given to me on my first HM

1) to run 'comfortably hard' thru mile 10 and then release the hounds for the last 5k if you've got it.

2) most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    smores with trailmix is good too
    i do really enjoy classic, classic with strawberry, or rolo smores
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    In me news, I bought 2 pairs of shoes in the past 2 days. //// and I decided to give the Salming En Route a chance since they were on sale.

@sarahthes Where did you find the Salming's at, online or retail? I have been trying to find a retail outlet since I never buy a shoe online unless I have a history with them already to ensure proper fit.

A summary of the last week 12 hr days at work, running 0 minutes - 0 meters, swimming 0 minutes :(