toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    jycurmz2xcyz.jpg

I saw this and just had to share.

Truth!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Bex953172 Awww, those sweet pics made my day. She is precious.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Faebert Yes! I have been wearing my knee length skirts and skorts that I've held on to for a number of years. I wear them just because I can! I'm tired of slacks and capris and longer skirts.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Well, yesterday was weigh in Wednesday for me. I gained a pound from last week.
    January 1, 2018 177
    Last week, 158
    5/9 159

But I am not discouraged. After six months of being gone TOM decided to swoop in this week, and make a completely unexpected and unannounced visit. So, I attribute my bloated stomach, fatigue, and weight gain to my unwanted visitor!!!

JFT, May 10

Outdoor challenge (have done this daily!)
    Exercise
    Drink 8 cups of water challenge from April (am back in the habit of getting this done)
    online study
    pre log my food and make any modifications along the way

Fellow sojourners, we are approaching the midway mark for May. Let's make every day count so we don't have to spend our time and energy regaining what we've lost...or in our case re-losing what we've gained, lol

Onward!

lgn56sc6g3nf.png
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Recap W 5/9
    1) Walked dog before work in off + on sprinkles + beat the rain / 3.43 mi 1:01:05 / remembered to stretch / happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / trying to move up leader board of workplace step challenge = Fitbit 16,489 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 46 floors :smiley: Challenge = currently 31st place & top 30 women get prize at 10-week point... unfortunately, leader board combines men & women and everyone is identified by code number :p
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / monitor usual = Yay! I think changing my MFP setting to 1/2# per week, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me. :D Net calories -15, sodium -721, sugar -19 (mostly fruit, power muffin & yogurt), fiber excellent, protein good & 14c water. :smiley:
    4) Evening: wash towels :smiley: / at least 1 - 2 to-do's = cleaned off kitchen cart, stored last pieces Easter dishware, put away clean dishes, updated budget, balanced bank accounts :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:15 :/ / floss :/ / retainers :smiley: / charge Fitbit :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: 10:25 (weight machine / circuit training R a.m. before work)

JFT R 5/10 ~ gloomy morning ~ kept hitting snooze alarm & no workout before work :#
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / monitor usual / net calories green
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Evening: maybe walk dog (weather permitting) or workout in basement / at least 2 - 3 to-do's
    4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV off 10:00 ~ REALLY need to catch up sleep
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Dont let the madness get to you! :) Phew, kept to myself and the storm passed
    2. Be kind to yourself :)
    3. Lots of water today - headache :) Finally shook headache mid afternoon. Car was yellow with pollen this morning so allergies are real today, and thinking that may have been the headache yesterday. Need to get more honey at Apple Blossom Festival 5/19
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Give dog meds :)
    6. 5 squats every bathroom trip :)
    7. Enter all memories to 365 days of happy from 2016 box :)
    8. Eat lunch outside :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meds AM and PM
    3. Give dog meds
    4. 10 Lunges every bathroom trip
    5. Pick up Egyptian goddess on lunch break - including some gift wrap?
    6. Pick up coffee and creamer
    7. Follow up with car dealership re: brake pads
    8. Be kind to yourself
  • schubaccah
    schubaccah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    schubaccah wrote: »
    For today, I must be extremely focused on what I eat. I won't have a workout to help with any minor overages on calories - I broke my big toe yesterday and am extremely discouraged that it will hinder my exercise program for the near future.

That's a double ouch. UGH. And just when you are getting your habits and momentum going... I was just thinking yesterday how I should expect adversity during my health journey. First of all, it's a journey! There are always unexpected obstacles. Secondly, I am overcoming several bad habits, and that is not an easy breezy thing to do. This is an opportunity to dig in and persevere. I want to encourage you to not fall back...then you will have to work to reclaim what you had already taken. Instead, use that energy to work to at least maintain where you are. I don't know you, of course, but the fact that you are on here tells me that you have inner strength and determination.

You might google how to exercise with a broken toe...Mr. Google knows many things, lol!
    dtqwhhwyfu4r.png

I just had to include this one---so typical Churchill!
    ic33flpmdlcv.png

KEEP GOING!!! Oh, and be sure to drink lots of water...that really makes a big difference for a lot of people...including myself.

Keep us updated.

I'm a gallon at least a day water drinker, but going to the bathroom every forty five minutes is going to be a bit annoying now!

I will be fine with my weight training, I just hope I don't lose too much of the running stamina I've built up over the past two months.

Thank you for the words of encouragement!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 9
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :(
    Plank Challenge - :) 60.42
    Do 10 Something's every hour - :| 5 out of 7
    Write in Journal - :)
    Maybe swim, still sore so may see how I feel later :| No, I decided another rest day was in order

JFT - Thursday May 10
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Plank Challenge
    Do 10 Something's every hour
    Write in Journal
    Walk tonight

I'm not really sure what has happened, but my stalling scale has decided to move a lot yesterday and today. 191 this morning! I stepped on 3 times just to be sure! I'll take it! I even added it to my check-in. I feel so much better today after two days of rest. I will have to remember how important that is, and I didn't go over my calories either day which was a big worry for me.

I have size 12 and size 14 pants, I can get by in the waist by wearing both still, the 12's are a little snug, but not so tight that I can't breathe like in the 80's. Yesterday I wore a pair of my 14's, I noticed that they are getting very baggy in the butt! I guess my face and butt are where I'm losing first. I'm excited to see what my measurements are at the end of the month.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    what happened to wednesday!! I guess I totally forgot to even post my goals, etc. This time of year I get so wrapped up working (playing) outside in the garden, and then it gets so late to even post.
    Lately, I feel like I am really doing good foodwise, and especially exercise. But .... my weight has not come down at all! I am still around 194 -- the scale just will not budge! If I was just in the 180s I think I would be OK, since that is close to my goal weight for my height. But I am getting so discouraged. Here I work out almost every day for over 90 minutes ..... I guess I am still eating way more than I should be!
    Tomorrow is a new day..... !

Are you drinking 8 cups of water daily?

No ... slipping on this again! Guess need to increase the water. That is probably making a difference in the scale moving?
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures of your daughter.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 what is the recipe for you one skillet lasagna you made last week?
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Monday 5/7/18 JFT:

✅▪Every 2 hour pump schedule ➡ missed a couple
    ✔▪Drink 96 oz of water
    ✔▪Prepare slow cooker dinner
    ✔▪Complete any required editing on report then resubmit
    ✔▪Review budget
    ✔▪Plan meals for the week
    ✔▪Grocery Inventory & List
    ❌▪Elliptical - 15 min.
    ❌▪Research yoga sessions under 30 min.

Tuesday 5/8/18 JFT:
    ✔▪Every 3 hour pump schedule
    ✔▪Research breastfeeding diet
    ✔▪Rest

Wednesday 5/9/18 JFT:
    ✔▪Every 3 hour pump schedule
    ✔▪Hydrate!!!! (Drank gatorade, propel and 72 oz of water)
    ✔▪Clean up a few things around house
    ✔▪Rest

I think the baby has his daytime and nighttime mixed up!! :lol: I've become slightly nocturnal bc of this! Since he has his little medical concerns I am a "push-over" when he crys at night, he knows it and takes full advantage of it. So I just sit up with him at night to keep him from screaming, that way my hubby and kiddos can get some sleep. However this has affected my daily productivity. I'm going to just do what I can when I can and not stress to much bc I know this is just a season which will pass.

Thursday 5/10/18 JFT:

▪Regular routine with kiddos
    ▪Run by target and pick up order
    ▪Every 3 hour pump schedule
    ▪Prepare slow cook meal for dinner
    ▪complete grocery list
    ▪Rotate out baby clothes (he is a growing boy :smile: )
    ▪Elliptical ~15 min.
    ▪Pick up kiddos from school : 4pm
    ▪Baseball at 5:30 pm
    ▪Dinner by 8:30 pm
    ▪Try to sleep btw feedings in evening
    (Hopefully little guy sleeps through the night tonight)

Here are some of my snacks off the top of my head..........

** One of my favorite snacks ➡ 8 oz coconut water blended with fresh or frozen fruit **

- 1 tblsp peanut butter and apples
    - Almonds
    - Cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese sticks (of course these are all dairy products)
    - Whole grain fig newton bars
    - Oranges, grapes, pineapple, kiwi, watermelon, strawberries
    - veggies and hummus
    - hard boiled eggs
    - tuna packets
    - 2 slices of deli roast beef (good source of iron & protein)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @schubaccah a gallon of water a day??!!! Wowie zowie! I'd have to be hooked up to a catheter, lolol!!! That's great. I'm doing the happy dance when I get 8 cups in.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    what happened to wednesday!! I guess I totally forgot to even post my goals, etc. This time of year I get so wrapped up working (playing) outside in the garden, and then it gets so late to even post.
    Lately, I feel like I am really doing good foodwise, and especially exercise. But .... my weight has not come down at all! I am still around 194 -- the scale just will not budge! If I was just in the 180s I think I would be OK, since that is close to my goal weight for my height. But I am getting so discouraged. Here I work out almost every day for over 90 minutes ..... I guess I am still eating way more than I should be!
    Tomorrow is a new day..... !

Are you drinking 8 cups of water daily?

No ... slipping on this again! Guess need to increase the water. That is probably making a difference in the scale moving?

Well, speaking for me personally, I can tell a difference. When my scales are stuck that's what I increase and voila! the weight starts decreasing. Maybe it helps move sodium, etc. out of the body? i dunno...I just know it works for me ;0)
  • toaljasa
    Options

Monday 5/7/18 JFT:

I think the baby has his daytime and nighttime mixed up!! :lol: I've become slightly nocturnal bc of this! Since he has his little medical concerns I am a "push-over" when he crys at night, he knows it and takes full advantage of it. So I just sit up with him at night to keep him from screaming, that way my hubby and kiddos can get some sleep. However this has affected my daily productivity. I'm going to just do what I can when I can and not stress to much bc I know this is just a season which will pass.

Little Noah is training you well, lolol!!! It's good that you are not going haywire because your schedule has changed...just makes everyone tense, you know? And as you said, this is just for a season.

i'm going to try your coconut water/fruit blend. That sounds really good.

Peace and joy!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Coconut water snack sounds so refreshing for these warmer days! I'll have to try out some tuna packets - I've never been crazy about tuna, but I havent tried it in a really long time, so I think I'll try again!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Was doing really well today but this evening tiredness and some anxiety hit me and the sugar found me. I know I’ve been managing my stress by almost being too controlled and definitelty pushing too hard. With the inevitable outcome. Caught it early though and will now just get my early night and re-set.

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - 12k steps ✅
    - Stick to calorie goal :s
    - 15 mins outside exercise ✅
    - 3ltr water ✅
    - Call conveyancing guy again! ✅
    - Type up children’s stories :s
    - Return dress ✅
    - Print/prep for next week ✅
    - Fruit poll for both Year 1 classes ✅
    - Yoga? :| hopefully tomorrow
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout (only if I wake naturally early enough and I feel up to it)
    - 15 mins outside exercise
    - 3ltr water
    - 12k steps
    - Type up stories (must do!!)
    - Yoga after work
    - Early night

Night all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    One of the things I do for my 10 Something's during the workday is to "move" while I read some of the blogs on MFP. I found a blog today that makes me want to cry and find help for this young girl. She has been writing since the February, her first blog she says that she thinks MFP is trying to get her to eat too much so she will only eat 1000 cals a day. By March she had lowered it to 500-800 because she felt she was still eating too much. She then complained of being tired and not having enough energy for exercise. Today's post is that she has been sick and her Mother told her to cut out gluten. She says she weighs 92 pounds. I commented and asked her if her Mother knew how restrictive she is being with her calories and suggested she see a doctor. It's a sad situation to think she is 92 pounds and wants to get thinner. I just want to wrap her in my arms and protect her. I don't know how old she is, but I would guess 14-16 based on her picture and her writing.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT, 5/10/18

1. Attempt to log food(not sure what's happening with dinner) :)Was just over calories too
    2. Work 815-4(hopefully) :)
    3. Makeup notes at work :DWe were busy for most of the day
    4. Make a list of questions to ask with room for answers :DSee #3
    5. Find/make a list of products/fees and study it! :|Brought some info home but never actually looked at it yet
    6. Text LM :'(Totally forgot!
    7. Eat lunch outside(supposed to be nice again) :)Sat out on the patio of the cafe again
    8. Make appt for blood work :|Did but I am probably going to change it and look for something at a different time
    9. Tidy living room/store dishes/take out trash :|Not enough hours in the day
    10. Walmart :)Didnt have something I wanted though
    11. D for dinner/cleaning :)Had a really good time. I'm learning better ways to help her and that is making her and I feel better
    12. Home by 10pm :)930
    13. Bed by 11:30 :|...we'll see

So the idea of going to bed at a decent hour died an untimely(HAHA) death last night. Actually, I should say this morning. The DH and I had a long needed and Very very productive chat...until 3 am! As some of you know, my DH suffers from PCS(Post Concussion Syndrome). Our MD put him on the anti-depressant as a way to treat an issue because of one of the medications side effects. Well, it's doing some other things as well...like rewiring my DH's damaged brain pathways. For the first time in 20 years, he can follow a train of thought to the end. He very very rarely cant find a word anymore. His anger has pretty much vanished. He can focus on a task at hand and has a level of mental clarity he hasn't had in about 25 years. We spent a lot of time talking about that last night. And the other things that come with that. It was a really awesome talk. I was blown away by something of the things that I noticed while we talked for 4 hours. Lol. I won't go into all the boring details, but I will say that we got pretty emotional a few times when we realized that his brain is healing itself. The human brain really is amazing!

Work was actually really busy. Process busy though. I think we may have only had about 15 customers all day. Those customers, however, all had 6 or 7 transactions and then we had wire transfer issues and account closings and openings. I left my vault keys at home this morning so that was a whole other thing. LK had one deposit that had 451 checks in it. And we didnt find out until about two hours later that the deposit amount was off by $25. That was a fricken nightmare!

Spent the evening helping a woman who is becoming a very dear friend organize her living room. She is a Boy Scout leader with my Dad and is the mother of this awesome boy(man really) who has downs syndrome. Al is a great guy. He's 21 and has this great personality and is always happy. He and my Dad are really tight. My Dad has learned so much from his interactions with Al then Dad could ever have taught him(or anyone really). D(his mom) and I organized part of her living room tonight. I think it is a real testament to how close we are becoming that she allows me into her personal space and gives me permission to root around in her stuff and help her get things straight. I am very good at it and never tell anyone anything sensitive that I find. We spent about 1.5 hours cleaning and I spent about 3 hours there total. Lol. That should tell you how much fun we have. Lol. She has an issue with when it gets down to the little bits and pieces on a surface. Those little pieces of minutia totally overwhelm her. She tends to just shove everything into a box and then forget about the box. I've developed a system to help her get over that.

DH is home. Will list goals shortly!
  • HollyJean2013
    HollyJean2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goal is to just be happy and healthy. I want to keep up with my kids and being active makes me happy