Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    6. 5 squats every bathroom trip

Is that like the tiny habits thing?
    Think I might do this! Sounds like a good one!

Can someone explain the tiny habits thing to me, I’ve seen some of you doing it and get the gist but just wanted to check.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    6. 5 squats every bathroom trip

Is that like the tiny habits thing?
    Think I might do this! Sounds like a good one!

Can someone explain the tiny habits thing to me, I’ve seen some of you doing it and get the gist but just wanted to check.

I just figured since I've been making more frequent bathroom trips with all the water, I might at well make use of my time in there :D I work a sedentary job, but am afraid of being caught mid squat at my desk so the bathroom is a great place!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mytime6630

I hadn’t forgot you asked for a pic of Casey smiling.. but although she smiles lots I just couldn’t get a photo of it haha she was being a right bugger!!!
    But I FINALLY got one! Well two, lol she gave a smile then an even bigger one!!

Enjoy :)

ahgclu46ajs6.jpeg

33amuro7t519.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,746 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630

I hadn’t forgot you asked for a pic of Casey smiling.. but although she smiles lots I just couldn’t get a photo of it haha she was being a right bugger!!!

ahgclu46ajs6.jpeg

33amuro7t519.jpeg

Awe, we need a love button!
  • Bex953172
    Options

I saw this and just had to share.

Love it!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 how gorgeous is that smile?!! What a happy cutie you have there.

I’ve had a v frustrating work day but have managed most goals. Hope tomorrow to tick off a few that are hanging around like a bad smell so I can head into the weekend feeling less stressed!

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pick up items for afternoon topic lesson on way to work ✅
    - 15k steps ✅
    - 3ltr water ✅
    - 15 mins outside exercise ✅
    - Stick to calorie goal ✅
    - One planned snack only during afternoon planning ✅
    - Call conveyancing guy - no answer :s
    - Type up children’s stories - not enough time in the day! :(
    - Parents eve p @ 6 ✅
    - Early night ✅

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - 12k steps
    - Stick to calorie goal
    - 15 mins outside exercise
    - 3ltr water
    - Call conveyancing guy again!
    - Type up children’s stories
    - Return dress
    - Print/prep for next week
    - Fruit poll for both Year 1 classes
    - Yoga?
    - Early night
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Email principal about additional photocopies.
    I'm not a teacher so I'm curious? Do you have a yearly budget of photocopies and need to have more?

Yup. And last semester, I didn't have enough copies of one of our texts, so I supplemented with printouts of articles and burned through all of my copies then. So now I've got copies of those articles to use for students to read, but I can't run copies of notes or worksheets or directions.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,746 Member
    Options
    Email principal about additional photocopies.
    I'm not a teacher so I'm curious? Do you have a yearly budget of photocopies and need to have more?

Yup. And last semester, I didn't have enough copies of one of our texts, so I supplemented with printouts of articles and burned through all of my copies then. So now I've got copies of those articles to use for students to read, but I can't run copies of notes or worksheets or directions.

That's awful the state of the education system, how can you teach and they learn if they don't have all the resources required. Good luck!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630

ahgclu46ajs6.jpeg

33amuro7t519.jpeg

OMG Bex!!! She is such a cutie!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing picts <3
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT, 5/9/18

1. LOG ALL FOOD :)Even though I really didnt want to. Lol. I held myself accountable today!
    2. Take picture of with new hair :'(Totally forgot and I just got out of the shower so it's wet. Maybe if I'm still awake when it dries...if not tomorrow for sure!
    3. Work 815-515 :)
    4. 2 cups of coffee at work :DTurned out to be three but I stuck to my 4 cups per day limit so it's okay
    5. Ask questions/pay attention!! :)I learned a lot. I think tomorrow I am going to make A LOT of notes. I have a notebook that is specifically for notes so I think I am going to use it.
    6. Look at company's products :DTotally forgot about this although A has been quizzing me on things like that.
    7. Bring lunch! :)The little cafe across the street has wrought iron tables out front so I got to sit in the sun and eat my lunch. It was awesome! The sun was shining and there was a nice breeze.
    8. Pick up plates after work :)Took me an hour to get there and back.
    9. Clean kitchen/living room/take out trash/bathroom :#HAHAHA
    10. Eat dinner :)
    11. Go to Walmart :#See #9
    12. Tech off by 1030 ;)Probably. I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open now and it's only 9:08
    13. Bed by 12 B)Definitely before! I dont care what time the DH gets home. I'm totally tuckered.

So I actually had a really good day. A was there again as our 3rd person. She's only been with our bank for about 1.5 years but has been in banking for 15 years. She lookes like she's about 30 but she's actually closer to 45. She's incredibly knowledgeable. She's really easy to talk to and she's always willing to help me and answer questions. She's also good at asking leading questions. If I am having trouble with something or second guessing myself she will ask me the right questions to help me understand. She's like this quiet strength. It is really awesome! LM is going out on disability the beginning of June and she will be the primary person covering at our branch. She blows my socks off with all the things that she knows and the way she talks to me and helps me learn.

Getting the plates was a headache. Generally I dont mind driving long distances but I worked 9 hours today and I was exhausted. The dealership was getting pretty insistent that we pick up the plates. They screwed up so I had to pay an extra $25 before they would release the plates. I guess they really wanted their money. I mean I still had 2 weeks before the temporary plates went void. It was just annoying. Plus my phone was low on battery and I left my portable charger at work so I couldnt listen to music and the radio station I usually listen to was fading in and out like it does when the sky is clear. AND I had a snack attack on my way up. I needed to get gas before I left and I ran into the store for a bag of chips and a Hershey bar. I'm only over calories by like 150 but my sugar is astronomical!

Didnt get the cleaning or the shopping done that I wanted. I guess I am going to do it tomorrow. I'm going to try and leave work an hour early and do some of that before I go out to help a friend organize her office(yes, we are still doing that). I dont mind though. I love her and her family. Plus it gives me something to do while the DH works late so I'm not sitting home by myself getting into all sorts of trouble. Lol.

Okay enough of my novel!

JFT, 5/10/18

1. Attempt to log food(not sure what's happening with dinner)
    2. Work 815-4(hopefully)
    3. Make up notes at work
    4. Make a list of questions to ask with room for answers
    5. Find/make a list of products/fees and study it!
    6. Text LM
    7. Eat lunch outside(supposed to be nice again)
    8. Make appt for blood work
    9. Tidy living room/store dishes/take out trash
    10. Walmart
    11. D for dinner/cleaning
    12. Home by 10pm
    13. Bed by 11:30

I think that is good for tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great night!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    what happened to wednesday!! I guess I totally forgot to even post my goals, etc. This time of year I get so wrapped up working (playing) outside in the garden, and then it gets so late to even post.
    Lately, I feel like I am really doing good foodwise, and especially exercise. But .... my weight has not come down at all! I am still around 194 -- the scale just will not budge! If I was just in the 180s I think I would be OK, since that is close to my goal weight for my height. But I am getting so discouraged. Here I work out almost every day for over 90 minutes ..... I guess I am still eating way more than I should be!
    Tomorrow is a new day.....

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food --- really concentrate on portion sizes and logging every single bite!
    2. concentrate on eating more veggies
    3. work on business stuff - really behind on bookkeeping!
    4. tiny habits
    after shower .... vitamin
    after breakfast ... fill up and DRINK water bottle - refill 4x
    after dinner ... brush and floss teeth
    5. evening snack on veggies
    6. concentrate on water -- april challenge
    7. go for 15 minute walk - may challenge
    8. get back on here ... be acccountable
    REMEMBER my MAY goal -- to be OUT OF THE 190s!. Keep going!
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Tracking my daily work and having a checklist seems like something I can commit to. It's hard for me to do everything I need to without a plan in place.

JFT, Thursday:
    1. Take a shower
    2. Take meds
    3. Drink at least 6 cups of water, 8-10 if possible
    4. Plan out breakfast and lunch, don't just eat randomly.
    5. Mail a package
    6. Do a 3 mile walking exercise video.
    7. Log your weight and food
    8. Snack only when truly hungry
    9. Keep to your calorie goals! Don't overeat.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - aim for 8 laps in 15 minutes; continue to 30.
    2. Input the rest of the reflections. Meeting about summer project. Ask about research next year. Email principal about additional photocopies. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Summer Prince.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Begin essay for Week 5. Review audition song. Call the Y to ask about student rates. Review standards and assign to units. Check C's assessment grades and contact parent.
    5. Audition at 7:00. Chop more celery. Prep cheese. Dinner - Plated 2?
    6. Meds before audition. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Thursday

1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes.
    2. Input worksheets. Meeting about summer project? Ask about research next year. Email principal about additional photocopies. Email prof about book recs. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Piecing Me Together.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Begin essay for Week 5. Review world lit texts and curate. Review standards and assign to units. Check C's assessment grades and contact parent.
    5. Strength class at 5:30. Moral support at 7:00. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2?
    6. Meds before audition. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

And I'm up stupid early. AGAIN. At least this time my brain (? body?) let me sleep until 3 AM instead of waking me at 1 and refusing to let me get any more sleep. UGH.

Audition seemed to go well. I have a good shot at the part, though I don't think it's in the bag or anything. Plus there's another round tonight so it depends on how good the people are at that one.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :(
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Have lunch with a friend I used to work with
  • schubaccah
    schubaccah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For today, I must be extremely focused on what I eat. I won't have a workout to help with any minor overages on calories - I broke my big toe yesterday and am extremely discouraged that it will hinder my exercise program for the near future.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    schubaccah wrote: »
    For today, I must be extremely focused on what I eat. I won't have a workout to help with any minor overages on calories - I broke my big toe yesterday and am extremely discouraged that it will hinder my exercise program for the near future.

That's a double ouch. UGH. And just when you are getting your habits and momentum going... I was just thinking yesterday how I should expect adversity during my health journey. First of all, it's a journey! There are always unexpected obstacles. Secondly, I am overcoming several bad habits, and that is not an easy breezy thing to do. This is an opportunity to dig in and persevere. I want to encourage you to not fall back...then you will have to work to reclaim what you had already taken. Instead, use that energy to work to at least maintain where you are. I don't know you, of course, but the fact that you are on here tells me that you have inner strength and determination.

You might google how to exercise with a broken toe...Mr. Google knows many things, lol!
    dtqwhhwyfu4r.png

I just had to include this one---so typical Churchill!
    ic33flpmdlcv.png

KEEP GOING!!! Oh, and be sure to drink lots of water...that really makes a big difference for a lot of people...including myself.

Keep us updated.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Tracking my daily work and having a checklist seems like something I can commit to. It's hard for me to do everything I need to without a plan in place.

I sure second this! I have written goals for the year, and even make monthly goals. But . making daily goals really helps me succeed on this health journey. It makes it more concrete, I think. And then to publicly announce them, just helps me to stay accountable.

So glad and thankful I found JFT.

Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    what happened to wednesday!! I guess I totally forgot to even post my goals, etc. This time of year I get so wrapped up working (playing) outside in the garden, and then it gets so late to even post.
    Lately, I feel like I am really doing good foodwise, and especially exercise. But .... my weight has not come down at all! I am still around 194 -- the scale just will not budge! If I was just in the 180s I think I would be OK, since that is close to my goal weight for my height. But I am getting so discouraged. Here I work out almost every day for over 90 minutes ..... I guess I am still eating way more than I should be!
    Tomorrow is a new day..... !

Are you drinking 8 cups of water daily?