40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    @Djproulx — Lol! I did notice that there’s a lot of West Hill chatter this week. It may be pretty soon!

It was hilarious because he was responding to my using 12.5lb dumbbells. Yeah. Sooo strong.

Yes, there have been quite a few HEATsters swimming at Lake T already, and a few at West Hill. I will probably start outdoors next weekend.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @Djproulx — Lol! I did notice that there’s a lot of West Hill chatter this week. It may be pretty soon!

It was hilarious because he was responding to my using 12.5lb dumbbells. Yeah. Sooo strong.

Yes, there have been quite a few HEATsters swimming at Lake T already, and a few at West Hill. I will probably start outdoors next weekend.

Is everyone wearing wet suits? I don’t have one, but if it meant earlier outdoor swimming, I might give in.

3 easy miles. So nice out there this morning.
  • klgthatsme
    klgthatsme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Karen. I would love to join this group although I don't see anything to click "join". Anyway I'm a 42 year old woman who has decided enough is enough and it's time to take back my body. I've got a LONG battle ahead of me here...ugh!! Losing weight would be amazing obviously but as I get older I am thinking more about my heart and keeping it ticking for as long as I can :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Is everyone wearing wet suits? I don’t have one, but if it meant earlier outdoor swimming, I might give in.

3 easy miles. So nice out there this morning.

Yes, this is definitely "wetsuit weather". Water temps are in the low/mid 60s.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    jenr1282 wrote: »
    I don’t feel cool as my only exercise right now can be physical therapy for knee surgery.

If you're up for it there are a lot of chair based exercises someone can do while laid up ;)

Pretty consistent workout week for me, and off to my favorite track (Laguna Seca) tomorrow!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options

Pretty consistent workout week for me, and off to my favorite track (Laguna Seca) tomorrow!

Sounds like a blast! Hope to see photos with you on the podium next week!

Love that track as a spectator. Saw some Can-Am races and Superbike races there long ago. Now you've got me thinking about a mini-vacay to watch some races.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Last day of CG Interval Week! No sprints today! Yay! Instead, we enjoyed box drills... sprint forward for 10 yards, side shuffle for 10 yards, back peddle for 10 yards, and side shuffle back to the beginning, along with a coupe of strength exercises each time. It was tough but I was grateful not to have to do sprints!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Resistance 3 & Resistance 1"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Walked 8+ miles today. A personal distance record. I'm thinking I should do a half marathon this summer.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Battle Buddy"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3/Cardio 1 & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Core Speed"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a GREAT week! BOOM!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike followed by strength. My weight-training priorities are injury prevention and stability.

Incline push-ups
    Assisted chin-ups
    Assisted dips
    Dumbbell military press
    Step-ups
    Calf raises
    Leg press
    Planks

Followed by the all-important foam rolling.

• eleiter69
    eleiter69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I managed to tear myself from my bed and out into the pouring rain to go to the gym at 6 a.m., did 30 minutes on the Arc and my StrongLifts sets. I ate really well for breakfast and lunch and was rocking this week for the first 6 hours of it -- and then I found a bag of dark chocolate-covered pretzels on my desk that was given to me by one of my storytime kiddos on the last day of the series. I had been so good about ignoring them. I was going to eat just half a serving. It turned into way more than that. So I guess I'll go for a bike ride after work. *Sigh* :(
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m back on track. Lost 20 pounds and then stagnated for a few weeks. Have bumped up my diet and added more exercise in hopes the pounds will start melting off again. Treadmill 3 times so far this week and a strength training workout. Feeling better and optimistic about finally getting down to my optimal weight again. How do I join this group?
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m back on track. Lost 20 pounds and then stagnated for a few weeks. Have bumped up my diet and added more exercise in hopes the pounds will start melting off again. Treadmill 3 times so far this week and a strength training workout. Feeling better and optimistic about finally getting down to my optimal weight again. How do I join this group?

Just check in regularly and post whatever you like. That's all you need to do. Congratulations on getting back on track.

• alteredsteve175
    Options
    Second week of yoga classes. Funny instructor with varied musical tastes - played "In My Room" by the Beach Boys in between all the spacey tunes. Actually fit in nicely.

And 500 feet on Jacob's Ladder before I left the gym. Because it was there. :D
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 17/26! WRECKED NOW! :o