nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I've had people telling me how awful artificial sweeteners are for decades. I used to listen quietly, nod, and say nothing.
    Then I spent a lot of time countering with my own story of diabetes and how high blood sugar will destroy all my organs and will put me into a coma.
    Now I'm too old to be told how to live my life and listen to discussion of my choices, or hear one more time about how someone ordered a triple bacon cheeseburger with a diet coke (Me. It was me. I ordered it.) So now the only response you'd get from me is a death stare while I drink my coffee with 3 Splendas.

I've always preferred the taste of diet soda over regular. It surprised me when studies came out that correlated diet drinks with obesity, until I realized I was probably a contributing data point every time I ordered a big mac, fries and a diet coke. :)

That's actually what I suspect is causing that correlation...the "I'm having a diet coke, so I can afford to splurge a little and super-size my meal"/"I ordered the wooly-mammoth sized meal, so I'll have a diet coke to drink" phenomenon.

(Okay, now to stop replying and catch up on the...TWENTY-THREE PAGES?!? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?.

**sigh**

More reading, less typing.)

LOL

Now I have to decide if those woo's were for my personal theory or because I tried so hard to catch up before posting.
    Just_Jon wrote: »
    Sometimes unsolicited advice is legitimate. Just sayin'.
    djneff15 wrote: »
    I understand how y'all feel about someone encroaching on your privacy, but at least they care enough to say something. It really doesn't sound like anyone is being judgy, they're just trying to let you know that that stuff is bad for you.

Finally. Page 7. What took you two so long to get here???

(And now I understand the 23 pages.)

And these too! Woo'ed because I was shocked it took the "artificial sweeteners are obviously bad for everyone" people seven pages to get here? Or for my understanding of why this was 23 pages (which was totally confirmed, to be clear).

Oh, MFP, don't ever change.

Don't. Ever. Change.

There seems to be an angry woo'er running around wooing everything in sight, and seems to have recruited some friends. I would love to see the update where we can see who hit the buttons. I can well imagine all the angry PMs flying around after that. :laugh:

The moderators can see who's doing it.

Lucky buggers. There was some chatter at one point about us being able to see it too!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Lucky buggers. There was some chatter at one point about us being able to see it too!

I swear when I first started paying attention to the forums a couple years ago I was able to see who clicked them but it was for a short period of time, maybe premium accounts had this ability at some point?
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've had people telling me how awful artificial sweeteners are for decades. I used to listen quietly, nod, and say nothing.
    Then I spent a lot of time countering with my own story of diabetes and how high blood sugar will destroy all my organs and will put me into a coma.
    Now I'm too old to be told how to live my life and listen to discussion of my choices, or hear one more time about how someone ordered a triple bacon cheeseburger with a diet coke (Me. It was me. I ordered it.) So now the only response you'd get from me is a death stare while I drink my coffee with 3 Splendas.

I've always preferred the taste of diet soda over regular. It surprised me when studies came out that correlated diet drinks with obesity, until I realized I was probably a contributing data point every time I ordered a big mac, fries and a diet coke. :)

That's actually what I suspect is causing that correlation...the "I'm having a diet coke, so I can afford to splurge a little and super-size my meal"/"I ordered the wooly-mammoth sized meal, so I'll have a diet coke to drink" phenomenon.

(Okay, now to stop replying and catch up on the...TWENTY-THREE PAGES?!? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?.

**sigh**

LOL

Now I have to decide if those woo's were for my personal theory or because I tried so hard to catch up before posting.
    I understand how y'all feel about someone encroaching on your privacy, but at least they care enough to say something. It really doesn't sound like anyone is being judgy, they're just trying to let you know that that stuff is bad for you.

And these too! Woo'ed because I was shocked it took the "artificial sweeteners are obviously bad for everyone" people seven pages to get here? Or for my understanding of why this was 23 pages (which was totally confirmed, to be clear).

Don't. Ever. Change.

There seems to be an angry woo'er running around wooing everything in sight, and seems to have recruited some friends. I would love to see the update where we can see who hit the buttons. I can well imagine all the angry PMs flying around after that. :laugh:

Yeah it would be nice to see who flags your posts at least. I posted what I thought was an amusing joke a few pages back and it got flagged by someone as abuse..?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

**sigh**

LOL

Don't. Ever. Change.

Yeah it would be nice to see who flags your posts at least. I posted what I thought was an amusing joke a few pages back and it got flagged by someone as abuse..?

Yes there have been a number of inappropriate flags thrown - I called one out early on but I'm afraid giving any attention to these people just encourages them :(
  • mph323
    Options
    If I were running the site, there would be an Agree and Disagree button, and people would be able to see who agrees and disagrees with them. The woo button is not only meaningless because of the ambiguous meaning, but when it's used as "this post is just a bunch of woo" (when a comment collects 17 woos immediately after posting) it has an automatic personal attack emotion attached, whether or not it's meant that way.

For a site that hammers on respecting other people's views and will send warnings for fairly innocuous remarks if someone gets their feelings hurt, I'm completely lost why they would think a stealth attack button is a good idea.

<steps off soap box>

You have no idea how much I wanted to "woo" this post for the irony, but I settled for liking it.

Loveya! I had a fairly low woo count before this thread but it's on it's way to doubling now :'(
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,050 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

I swear when I first started paying attention to the forums a couple years ago I was able to see who clicked them but it was for a short period of time, maybe premium accounts had this ability at some point?

I think they're missing a revenue opportunity by not offering that feature as an extra-cost option. ;)
  • WanderingTaurus
    WanderingTaurus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    My husbands friend gets bags and bags of blueberries and eats them with spoonfuls of peanut butter. When asked why, he says that it's a super food and that it's helping his body because of the nutrition . He didn't want to believe that the calories still counted.
    He started to walk up to others and talk to them about how they should be eating super food too.

Now he's 310lbs and 5'8. I guess the calories did count after all. Lol
    He stopped walking up to strangers to preach about the super foods now but my husband said people would roll their eyes and walk away quickly or say something like well then you eat it. Lol

Hearing "super food" would have made me stop him right there in his tracks.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    My husbands friend gets bags and bags of blueberries and eats them with spoonfuls of peanut butter. When asked why, he says that it's a super food and that it's helping his body because of the nutrition . He didn't want to believe that the calories still counted.
    He started to walk up to others and talk to them about how they should be eating super food too.

Now he's 310lbs and 5'8. I guess the calories did count after all. Lol
    He stopped walking up to strangers to preach about the super foods now but my husband said people would roll their eyes and walk away quickly or say something like well then you eat it. Lol

Super food, LOL.

Super food's like PB, Granola, Blueberries, etc are what People like Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps and AT walkers use to ensure they get their necessary calories and nutrients in as dense a package as possible.

If you want to eat like Michael Phelps, you gotta train like Michale Phelps.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I haxxord their system and I apparently have 159 woos distributed over a total of 50 posts.

Did you do that in public?!?!?!?!? :open_mouth:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I haxxord their system and I apparently have 159 woos distributed over a total of 50 posts.

Pfff, what do you know...you have 59 woo's distributed over 41 posts. One post on May 3rd had 5 woo's!
  • mph323
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

I think they're missing a revenue opportunity by not offering that feature as an extra-cost option. ;)

Oooh somebody get in there with a third party app!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »

Pfff, what do you know...you have 59 woo's distributed over 41 posts. One post on May 3rd had 5 woo's!

Are you hand counting the posts? Or am I missing a click somewhere. I know I have 332.