Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 40

Replies

• jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    audreys03 wrote: »
    W: 237 (in 2016)

5/16 156.4
    UGH. Again, I did not go over calories. How can you gain 2 pounds in one day? I don't know why I have been have having this problem, but this has been going on for several weeks. I am stuck. Maybe I should stop eating my exercise calories back? But I'm already down to 1200 a day before exercise so I'm not sure that's a good idea.

How are you counting your exercise calories? It's not a good idea to eat enough to compensate for exercise calories. Rarely are they tracked accurately. Most equipment over estimates the number of calories burned.

1200 calories isn't overly low. It's dependent upon your height. I'm 63.5" and my maintenance calories are approximately 1400 therefore 1200 calories daily would give me incremental losses, even with exercise.

Lastly, and more importantly, it's the quality of your food and beverages that will help you the most. Processed foods have a very negative affect on my efforts. I've been called a food nazi by friends and coworkers because I make everything from scratch or I give very specific instructions when eating in restaurants. Is it inconvenient? You bet, but it's effective.

Hope this helps. :)
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    jerier wrote: »
    Lastly, and more importantly, it's the quality of your food and beverages that will help you the most. Processed foods have a very negative affect on my efforts. I've been called a food nazi by friends and coworkers because I make everything from scratch or I give very specific instructions when eating in restaurants. Is it inconvenient? You bet, but it's effective.

Hope this helps. :)

For me, the only thing that matters is calories. Yes, I'll retain some water if I eat a ton of sodium. But for actual weight loss, it's calories in, calories out.
  • Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    Back in....
    5/8 187
    5/9 185
    5/10 185
    5/11186
    5/12187
    5/13187
    5/14187
    5/15184----not sure what I did yesterday but it would be nice to do it again...
    5/16-181----the question is will it continue.....
    5/17-181
    What a successful 10 days! I am so happy and so excited to keep going. MFP told me yesterday that if every day was like that I'd weigh 168 in 5 weeks...I haven't seen the 160's in a few years...I can't wait to say hello again!

Yeah for progress