The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Is this the 30 day shred with Jillian or a different/specific one? Because I have one from Walmart I bought like 5 years ago but I don't know if there's different versions. Because someone said it was expensive but I got it for $10 lol. Does she make different videos?

Yep this is regular old Jillian! I got mine for $10 too, but some people might find that expensive if on a tight budget, especially if they can get other workouts on you tube for free. She does make more/different videos (Ripped in 30 is awesome after 30DS because it's a bit harder) but they are all about the same price.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yep this is regular old Jillian! I got mine for $10 too, but some people might find that expensive if on a tight budget, especially if they can get other workouts on you tube for free. She does make more/different videos (Ripped in 30 is awesome after 30DS because it's a bit harder) but they are all about the same price.
    [/quote]
    Ok cool :) I was hoping it was the one I have because I know on YouTube it's about $10 and I thought I saw someone say it was $25 so just checking! Thanks! :) can't wait to start again

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Ok cool :) I was hoping it was the one I have because I know on YouTube it's about $10 and I thought I saw someone say it was $25 so just checking! Thanks! :) can't wait to start again

[/quote]

I got mine on YouTube, and I glanced at the price in Walmart and t was also $10. Maybe it costs more in other countries or something. Feel free to add me!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    Options
    Is there a certain diet that has to be followed or has anyone found a diet that gives the best results while doing the 30ds?
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Is there a certain diet that has to be followed or has anyone found a diet that gives the best results while doing the 30ds?

I don't know if there's an 'official' diet thing that goes with it. Just sticking to daily calories suggested on here is probably the best diet / life style change. It's manageable and you don't have to cut anything out - therefore you are more likely to stick with it longer term as well as losing weight / inches.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    Options
    Thanks! I'm wondering if I start this tomorrow, by the end I'll be in school
    And I signed up for a cardio class with treadmill, stairs, bicycling, etc. this might sound dumb but is there such a thing as working out too much? lol because I'll be honest I have a lot to lose (80 pounds) and I think my body can handle it but I'm also not an expert with diet/exercise so what do y'all think? :) can i do my cardio class with the last 2 weeks of the videos?
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but I've been cycling a couple of times a week as well as doing the 30 day shred. 30DS is really hard going but I've read of lots of people doing other exercise as well. I tend to see how I feel. Today I've just 30DS because I feel a bit achy (I tried yoga yesterday and it was a bit of a shock to the system!). But other days I feel ok so I do more. I am on school holidays so I am trying to make the most of my time off when I have a load of time to work out!
  • Dmniel
    Dmniel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hotmomma73 wrote: »
    So I have this DVD but I was told (by people who pay trainers) and have also read that you should not do strength training, of the same muscles everyday. So with her being a trainer, she goes against that rule. I know there's always varying information on how to do everything but I definitely don't want to injure myself using weights everyday. Any thoughts?

Hey there! I've been doing this since June, five to six days a week, with awesome results! I have knee issues, back issues (four herniated discs), Achilles issues (two recent tendon repair surgeries and tendonosis), and a shoulder tendon issue, and I have had NO problems with it at all! I mean, I was pretty sore the first few days, but after that, it was pretty painless. There are days you're going to want to quit, but you just can't. Obviously listen to your body - if something hurts, other than your thighs, I'm talking about if you pull something, take a day or two and rest it - the last thing you want to do is tear a muscle. The game changer for me was a post-workout protein shake. I use Gold Standard brand and add it to 20 ounces of half water and half milk. After that, my muscle soreness went down to barely noticeable.
    It's going to be difficult at first - I went from being on the couch for a year due to a few Achilles surgeries and a MRSA infection that ate away the back of my leg, so it kicked my butt the first few days - but you just push through and do the modifications until you're stronger. :)

• Dmniel
    Options
    I did 30-Day Shred last summer, with great results! Unfortunately, due to another Achilles injury, I had to stop and gained a lot of the weight I had lost back :(. I started up again January 9, and these are the 10-day results! I have another leg surger (#3 for my Achilles!) in March, and I want to be in as good of shape as possible so that I can recover quickly and stay active.
  • NiAodain
    NiAodain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dmniel wrote: »
    I did 30-Day Shred last summer, with great results! Unfortunately, due to another Achilles injury, I had to stop and gained a lot of the weight I had lost back :(. I started up again January 9, and these are the 10-day results! I have another leg surger (#3 for my Achilles!) in March, and I want to be in as good of shape as possible so that I can recover quickly and stay active.

Well done these are FAB results!

I did 30ds before my wedding years ago and loved the results. I've been threatening to do it again and did it once since I started back on mfp on 1st Jan but you've inspired me to stop thinking about it and start doing! Thanks!

Monday will be day 1 and I'm going to get up an hour earlier so I can do it and shower before the kiddos get up.
  • Dmniel
    edited January 2018
    Options
    NiAodain wrote: »
    Dmniel wrote: »

Well done these are FAB results!

I did 30ds before my wedding years ago and loved the results. I've been threatening to do it again and did it once since I started back on mfp on 1st Jan but you've inspired me to stop thinking about it and start doing! Thanks!

Monday will be day 1 and I'm going to get up an hour earlier so I can do it and shower before the kiddos get up.

Thank you so much! You know, it’s so hard to find the time to work out. I have three kids that I take care of as pretty much a single parent most of the time, a husband who is gone all the time for military and work stuff (he’s home 2 to 5 days a month) and I work 50 plus hours a week at my job, in addition to volunteering for a few organizations, and writing a book. But you know what? I can give 20 minutes a day. I can definitely give 20 minutes a day. I go home on my lunch break, do the workout, shower and grab some celery and a protein shake from the kitchen on my way out the door and I’m back to work within 40 minutes. It’s the perfect workout for people who don’t have time to work out! :).

• zokaluse
    zokaluse Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Great pics over the years .. well done all.

Started again on Friday after 5 years of nothing due to health that is now under control.

Anyone else doing 30DS at the moment?
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start it on thursday
  • jasminedmarks
    jasminedmarks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    zokaluse wrote: »
    Great pics over the years .. well done all.

Started again on Friday after 5 years of nothing due to health that is now under control.

Anyone else doing 30DS at the moment?

Meeee, I'm on Level 1 Day 3. Haven't done 30DS in 6 years!
  • sudiemanomeile
    sudiemanomeile Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've stalked this thread for years now and I finally get to contribute!!! Day 1/Day 10/Day 20/Day 28

p7hmpe430gdf.jpg
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow bringing this one back from the dead! Haha

I am starting the shred tomorrow. I had fantastic results about a year ago but life has kicked me in the butt since then and kind of lost my "pep". With that I gained 50 lbs so I'm ready to kick it into high gear!

Question though. What was everyone's meals or eating plans while doing shred? I am doing IF right now with meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch. Wondering if I am getting enough calories in.

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I've done this one before i loss 5 lbs. I've also a couple of other programs. My pictures are in my profile. I love JM
  • oonataleeoo
    oonataleeoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I was wondering if anyone who had done the 30 Day Shred has found that they haven't lost any weight at all and only lost inches? Most results I have seen (though admittedly I haven't looked through ALL of them because theres so many! :) ) are showing inch loss AND a drop in lbs. I am on Day 20 of 30DS, just finished Level 2 today.

I am 5"4.5 and weigh 142lb. I haven't seen any drop in weight but have lost 1.5inches off my waist, and about 1/2 an inch off my hips and inner thigh. I'm happy there is some improvement and definitely feel stronger but I am interested in losing some overall weight too as I want to get lighter to improve running times.

I have been following a 1200 calorie goal on here, and have definitely had a few days here and there where I've gone over, but it always evens out over the week that I am still in a calorie deficit (even if it's not the goal of 3500).

I'm feeling a little demotivated so hoping to find a bit of encouragement or advice on whether there is anything else I should be doing.

I do the advanced version on the work out too. Which always makes me laugh because I have the same name as her so it feels like Jillian is really talking to me, haha.

Thanks a lot, and well done everyone!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (after getting to Level 1 Day 8 about 6 years ago!) and it was SO MUCH EASIER than the first time I did it. That was also 80lbs ago and I wasn't active (now I run and have done BBG), but holy moly. Now let's see if I can stick with it. Level 1 Day 2 after work today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!