The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• xrunlukerunx
    xrunlukerunx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    40 looming in November, feeling like im about 79
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's hump day everyone! Hope ya'll have a good one!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day M age peeps let's get this done and close to a long weekend. Get them work outs in.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melynda, 38.5 year old Canadian and single mom of a 3 year old :) This is my 6th time on MFP, looking to lose the last little bit of weight :)

Hi gorgeous <3 so nice to see you lovely
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeperoonies, Have a great Hump day.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Have a fantastic hump day!
  • TracS18
    TracS18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I think I just crossed to be able to join. :) 36 year old mom to a fabulous kiddo. Looking to change it up with MFP instead of WW as I start strength training and training for a half this summer.
  • harrybarns87
    harrybarns87 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    41 feel free to add
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Hump Day my lovely peeps. Welcome all the newbies.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    dblbbl88 wrote: »
    Good Morning!!

@RandJ6280 I'm sure you also have a nice butt!!

lol, I wish, actually I have a flat butt... guess it's time to squat

Dude, squats are - for most - more of a quad-dominant exercise. Even squeezing like a madman at the top....there are better "glute-focused" exercises that you can do.

Deadlifts, for one. But, likely the most glute-focused is the hip thrusts. Yeppers! I do them. I am the only dude in the gym that does them.....but who cares! I am 51 and have a fantastic backside. And, for good reason! The chicks always comment on my *kitten*. Just saying....

Damn, here I've been doing squats hoping for a better *kitten* myself.......Hip thrusts it is from now on :)

I used to do them. I will have to go back to do them on the days I don't have my trainer. I think that would make him uncomfortable. I shall stick to deadlifts and kickbacks with him. :D

How do you pull? Sumo or Conventional? And, it is a really good idea to stick with what your trainer programs for you. Maybe just nudge him a little bit into adding hip thrusts into your program?

Thanks. I appreciate your feedback. :)
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Blessed to see another day! Have a happy Wednesday everyone!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    weds. almost to the weekend
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Everyone!!!!
  • idamgreen15
    idamgreen15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Shouting GOOD MORNING all the way from Texas! Feel free to add me. I could use the motivation. ;)
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning...another NJ one without rain yet. There is hope. Welcome to those newer-than-I arrivals. I'm 56 and like someone a few posts earlier said, not counting the stupid injuries (don't ask), this is the best year ever...so look forward to it. Carpe Diem!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Busy busy day.. just popping in to say hi... HI. backing out and back to work... Have a great one all. You guys are the bestest
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all! Ohio is looking quite pretty right now. I'm almost 43 and back at it after regaining weight during nursing school. Working overnights right now and looking for some new buddies to keep me on track. Have a great day!
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all! Ohio is looking quite pretty right now. I'm almost 43 and back at it after regaining weight during nursing school. Working overnights right now and looking for some new buddies to keep me on track. Have a great day!

Ohio here as well!
  • Mama_runs_slow
    Mama_runs_slow Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melynda, 38.5 year old Canadian and single mom of a 3 year old :) This is my 6th time on MFP, looking to lose the last little bit of weight :)

Hi gorgeous <3 so nice to see you lovely

Hi Jo!! Missed you <3
  • jyarring
    jyarring Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some adds. I am 41 y/o guy down 65# since 7/31/2017 and I am a new runner also, I run 4-5 days a week for around 3 miles. I started running last July also, would love some adds!

Sent you a friend request!