Less Alcohol- May 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Good to catch up and read through posts. It was a wet May for me - I’m on board for a dry week this week then head to DC for work which is always tough because I get bored by myself in the evenings. Can’t believe summer is almost here. I see from my last few weeks that I need to really buckle down - getting loose with limits when the weather is nice is a problem!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    This week I finished 6 months of training for a 50 km run which will be in 2 weeks.

On Friday I did my last very long run, 26 km. (I'd done 38 km the Friday before.)

Today I bought myself a box of fresh flowers and celebrated with a drink...

Of alcohol-removed bubby. :smile:

Roll on two weeks of rest prior to the big day!

awesome. Good luck on the big race day.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    My second granddaughter, Cara, was born today. My daughter, my son in law and their first daughter who is not even 2 yet, need me too, and they need me sober. In the list she left me ( I am caring for the toddler while they are in hospital) it said, "please do not drink". Well, talk about feeling shame. I didn't say one word about it. I have never drank while watching her child but my daughter has seen me tipsy enough times that she thought to put that on the list. It's humbling and mortifying and I am glad she wrote it down for me to see. I'm watching videos and reading my books and doing the work. I have to get this monkey off my back once and for all though after seeing that I have ZERO desire to have any.

Congrats on your grandaughter. Our children know us so well. My son shamed me and helped me decide to go af.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    @donimfp Thank you. Those are very kind words. I always feel supported here no matter what. What a gift this thread is.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    My second granddaughter, Cara, was born today. My daughter, my son in law and their first daughter who is not even 2 yet, need me too, and they need me sober. In the list she left me ( I am caring for the toddler while they are in hospital) it said, "please do not drink". Well, talk about feeling shame. I didn't say one word about it. I have never drank while watching her child but my daughter has seen me tipsy enough times that she thought to put that on the list. It's humbling and mortifying and I am glad she wrote it down for me to see. I'm watching videos and reading my books and doing the work. I have to get this monkey off my back once and for all though after seeing that I have ZERO desire to have any.

Congrats and it has to be a relief that all went well.

I am glad you handled the note so well. I can't say I would have been able to do the same.

If this is your new goal I hope your journey from here to total sobriety is as speedy as possible.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,187 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Just went to the local beach. At 3:00 , I heard an announcement about happy hour beginning... then they described the drink specials.
    I was arguing in my mind, "Well it isn't June yet." Then, I thought, "You always have an excuse."
    In the end, I skipped the happy hour drink. Little triumphs.

Those little victories are so big.

Thanks Erik! Here's wishing our June is mostly DRY and sunny:)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @amberellen12 It's called Dry January. I have an iphone.

I tried to use it but it only works for US or UK currencies.

Are there any others that would work in Australia, does anyone know?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Surprised myself, but I stuck with it, thank you
  • Colety1956
    Colety1956 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OK, June is moderation month. I am in!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @kittybenn We all have these embarrassing mortifying memories in the back of our minds. I have several I could think of. Another reason to stay focused and vigilant. I don't ever want to go back to that type of drinking. Xo
    I'm happy your son and his girlfriend are together and doing well. I remember when they broke up. And now, they can work on improving their lives as a team.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Colety1956 wrote: »
    OK, June is moderation month. I am in!

Happy you're in! Find our June link and keep us updated on your progress.