Ask the Cop

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Have you ever apprehended a perp and upon driving them back to the jail have you ever stopped to #2? Now, do you leave the perp in the car or do you bring them inside and handcuff them to a pipe in the bathroom? Ya know, for safe keeping?

If you have that emergency you have to have another officer stand by with the prisoner while you do what you have to do. I luckily have never had that happen but that has always been a fear for sure.

You totally jinxed yourself.
    Let us know after your next arrest
  • strwbry74
    strwbry74 Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Have you ever apprehended a perp and upon driving them back to the jail have you ever stopped to #2? Now, do you leave the perp in the car or do you bring them inside and handcuff them to a pipe in the bathroom? Ya know, for safe keeping?

If you have that emergency you have to have another officer stand by with the prisoner while you do what you have to do. I luckily have never had that happen but that has always been a fear for sure.

You totally jinxed yourself.
    Let us know after your next arrest

LOL! I believe she may be right!!! Bahahahahaha!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I know 10-4 means yes but what is the code for no?

10-10
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    LSmith0018 wrote: »
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I have another question.

Have you ever let someone get out of a ticket you were sure they deserved and why did you let them off the hook?

Of course. I speed like you wouldn’t believe. I’m not a hypocrite cop. I don’t write speeding tickets. I simply use the speeding as a legal reason to stop the car to see who and what is inside. I couldn’t care less about them speeding, unless it’s reckless (+25 over).

I look for criminals to arrest when I work, not to write tickets to normal people. I have the highest arrest numbers at my department and write the least amount of tickets.

How long have you been in law enforcement?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Do you judge people who keep a handcuff key on their keychain?
    I don’t judge people. I simply profile.

As in racial profile? :o

Criminal profile.

I was actually kidding but it does happen. I was once pulled over and my son was in the passenger side next to me and the officer immediately asked for his ID as well as mine. Not sure why as I was the one driving and not him but I just got a racist vibe from the dude. Maybe he thought we were illegal or something. That's always an assumption where I live. I hate it.

I ID everyone in the car, every time. A traffic stop is considered an investigation and I have the right to ID everyone in the car. I find a lot of warrants that way.

Arent you only allowed to ask for ID if a person has committed or is suspected of committing a crime?

You can ask anyone anything. Depending on the scenario the individual can just refuse to provide that information. If however as you put it “is part of that investigative stop” they refuse to provide the information then they are subject to being arrested for “resist, delay and obstruction” charges.
  • LSmith0018
    LSmith0018 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have another question.

Have you ever let someone get out of a ticket you were sure they deserved and why did you let them off the hook?

Of course. I speed like you wouldn’t believe. I’m not a hypocrite cop. I don’t write speeding tickets. I simply use the speeding as a legal reason to stop the car to see who and what is inside. I couldn’t care less about them speeding, unless it’s reckless (+25 over).

I look for criminals to arrest when I work, not to write tickets to normal people. I have the highest arrest numbers at my department and write the least amount of tickets.

Two years. It’s my 2nd career.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I have another question.

Two years. It’s my 2nd career.

Let me guess, were you in the military?
  • Johnda85
    Johnda85 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    DUI Questions?

Can you et a DUI on a horse?

Negative.

You can in Kentucky... and on a bike...
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I know 10-4 means yes but what is the code for no?

10-10

seriously? Ima use that code at work :D

Yeah man. In my area that’s it.

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    is it hard to remember what all the police codes mean?
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    What's the deal with that stock audio clip they always play in movies and TV whenever a police radio is on?
    What does "Seven eight five, code six..." even mean?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

They can differ from department to department.
  • strwbry74
    strwbry74 Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

They can differ from department to department.

It becomes second language.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Do you carry spare yoga pants in the trunk of your cruiser?