• ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    June 2018 Running
    06/01: XT
    06/02: 3.02 mile easy run, 8:51 pace + XT + strength
    Total: 3.02 miles

Started the month off with a big fat zero (running) and 60 minutes on the spin bike. I was supposed to do some strength training in the evening, but I went out for drinks with my office mates and then watched Coco/drank a bottle of wine with my boyfriend so strength obviously didn't happen :D On the schedule for today was 3 miles easy, 30 min of cross-training, and yesterday's strength training. The weather was great today, in the high 60s and fairly overcast, so my average pace was a little on the fast side for "easy". Hopped on my spin bike immediately afterwards and cranked out 30 minutes before lunch. The strength training is scheduled for later this afternoon once I'm done digesting the giant bowl of ramen I had for lunch haha. Hope everyone is off to a great start this month!

Thanks for the "welcome back"s @katharmonic @lporter229 and @shanaber ! It's nice to see familiar faces around here :)
    @MobyCarp I definitely recommend running Chicago if you can make it out here! I may be a little biased because I've lived in the city for 10 years and it was my first marathon, but it's a fabulous course and the spectators are amazing!

Upcoming Races
    06/07: Strides for Peace 5K
    06/24: Chicago 10K
    07/22: Rock 'n' Roll Chicago 10K
    10/07: Chicago Marathon
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    No run for me today or tomorrow. I was exhausted last night after my long run andI think I am fighting off whatever virus my hubby is recovering from. Took some vitamin C before I went to bed and more today. So far feeling better but can tell my body is tired. Tomorrow will be a dog beach Sunday with another 50 or so Vizslas for Hobbes the Vizsla to romp, run and wrestle with!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    10 km Manzer Avenue Climb. Struggled a bit outbound - legs still a little knackered from GC HM. So added a few walk breaks. Managed to push hard on the last Km which felt good. My watch said I had a new 1 km record @ 5:15/km, but I am sure I had a lower time last year. Don't remember deleting records or resetting my watch but stuff happens right.

Next weekend is our local club sponsored Heritage Run - a fund raiser for the local Museum.
    Which means I don't get to run since I will be doing set-up/tear down/pictures and timing assistance.

Also we just received our new Race Start/Finish Arch - on my way to pick it up and do a trial inflation so I know what secondary items I need for nest weekend. I suspect I need a few small 3 gallon pails full of sand to act as Tie Down Wind anchors. Would hate to have it blow away at the first event and end up in the River.

exercise.png
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Plus, 2 pair of Belaga socks which are my favorite!

Best socks ever!

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Four hot, muggy miles this evening. I don’t think the abnormal eating/drinking from this past week’s vacation helped much either. It was slower than I’d like, but oh well. Hopefully, I will feel more energetic for tomorrow’s long run.

6/1: 1.6 miles
    6/2: 4.1 miles

Total: 5.7/75 miles

Upcoming Races:
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30