June Self-Care Challenge

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Yesterday I did some research and learned about blanching and freezing extra kale (I am ashamed to admit I've let kale go to waste when I didn't know what to do with it). I blanched, shocked, drained, and dried chopped kale and froze it in portions in snack-size ziploc bags. This morning I threw one frozen bagful into my usual smoothie. I felt so virtuous and healthy!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    @donimfp Thank you! I had never heard of this!!

How can I use part of an avocado & not have the rest go to waste???
  • MadisonMolly2017
    June 2
    Breakfast outside with DH prior to heat building. Remained outside posting to MFP!

Self-care later today is veggie grocery shop & preparing salads for the next 3-4 days so it’s THE easiest thing for me to grab & eat at lunch hehe

Also cleaning/chopping the veggies I cook. I eat more of them if they are ready!!

Also, I’m going to pre-cook some proteins - freeze some - for the salads. I find if I have them pre-cooked, I eat and love them, but if I don’t I go with milk.

Also, planning an Epsom salt bath as the heat builds in house late afternoon with my fun magazines.

A fun day!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Pre-cooking proteins is a great plan! I usually do some chicken thighs and a pork tenderloin for sandwiches. My go-to salad protein is poached eggs.

We ran today. It is hot. However, taking a cool shower when I got home felt delicious.

I bought some melt-proof summer makeup and my eyebrows and eyelashes didn't budge even after doing errands in the heat. Great improvement, my previous stuff worked beautifully in the winter but sweat would have it dripping right down my face which is not a good look on anyone. It's also so subtle that it doesn't even look like makeup unless you know how patchy my eyebrows are usually. They got pretty raggedy when my doc was adjusting my thyroid meds.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @rheddmobile oh great protein suggestions! TY

What brand/type make-up— I need that for my eyebrows!!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @rheddmobile oh great protein suggestions! TY

What brand/type make-up— I need that for my eyebrows!!!

It's Sugar brand arch arrival brow definer - I actually got it in an ipsy sample bag and liked it. Ipsy is a thing I did for myself a couple of months back - I hadn't really messed around with makeup much for a couple of decades, since being obese I never felt like I looked good anyway. So ipsy was a way to try new stuff and get up to speed.
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    My self care today was going for a run and a long walk and then having a lovely afternoon and eve with friends and a bbq
  • Alaurene
    Alaurene Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in, this challenge sounds wonderful
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,306 Member
    edited June 2018
    Joined the local library summer reading program. Signed out a ton of books I probably wont read, but I loved being in the library.
    Had a peaceful meditation for 30 minutes. Went to a party and had some root beer. Back home, windows open on a cool spring evening.
  • NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    minxboo wrote: »
    I love this idea - one of my co-workers posts an uplifting quote on her Facebook page - I didn't think much of it, but when she missed a day, I realized how much I had started to look forward to seeing the quote!

My co-worker started posting a daily pun - so I unfollowed him.

• MadisonMolly2017
    @rheddmobile same here re: make-up, but excited to play with it now!!!

TY for info!
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in !
  • Amerikanka5
    Amerikanka5 Posts: 16 Member
    Wow. I really need this. I'm in!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,854 Member
    Cleaned the house today and planning on walking later