Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ♥️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: The allergy shots sound like they're worth the trouble, but OUCH. It seems like a mean joke when an avid gardener gets stuck with allergy shots just to breathe in the growing season. No fair!!! I hope the shots allow you to enjoy life this season. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Tracie in Green Bay: Welcome back!!! :star:

Heather: Enjoy your cruise. I hope you'll share updates and photos when you can. Bon Voyage! :flowerforyou:

Penny: I am totally surprised. You are the only person I've ever heard of stealing a succulent from the Pope. I'll bet he never even noticed back then and it still lives all these years, and likely several Popes, later. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: It seems a bit unfair that you have to wait for the procedure after gearing up for the scans. On the other hand, it is good for the doctor to have all the information he needs to do a good job. On another subject, I love the photos of deer in your yard. :flowerforyou:

Vicki: I am so sorry for the loss of your little teacup poodle. You're lucky that you still have two dogs to help you with your grief. :star:

My only houseplants are a century plant given to me by a student when I retired, and several Christmas cactuses. I had a series of orchids for a few years, but don't have any just now. My flowers are outside in the flowerbeds around my house. Many of those flowers turn into beans, blueberries or chives. The fuchsias help to feed the humming birds along with the sugar water I put out for them. :heart:

I think I've already mentioned that we have plans to spend the week that includes July 4th at a county park that has amazing facilities for horses. We think, and hope, that the presence of horses in the park will limit firecrackers and other noisemakers that people might set off. Our dog can't handle the firecrackers that are set off in our neighborhood and rockets that are shot off on the Washington side of the river. I hope to take a car ride up there tomorrow and see the place where we'll be parked in our new to us motor-home. Seeing the site will help us know what to expect and make better plans for our comfort.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Jennifred2018
    Jennifred2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the site. Am trying to get off meds for diabetes and have decided to give the Keto plan a chance. So I'm doing high fat, moderate protein and low carb. Have done much research and have set about getting the necessary supplements. I am trying to eliminate the sugar and limit the carbs in my diet. I tried to join the Low Carb site but have not quite figured out how to do that, so if anyone can direct me that would be great. My goals for June are to stick with the program, lower by BS reading, and to exercise.
    Congratulations to all of you who have lost weight and stuck to your plans. To the others -- tomorrow is another day to start fresh. We can't change yesterday, but we can change today :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :) Morning <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    A question for those of you who experience hot flashes, do you become quite nauseated with them?

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    As usual these days ... lots of walking back and forth to the Rehab Unit, walking back and forth to University, commute walking, grocery shopping, plus more.

"Car free" since March 22. :neutral:

As of June 5 ...

2015 -- 445.85 km
    2016 -- 436.35 km
    2017 -- 550.75 km
    2018 -- 640.87 km

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

Heather- Bon voyage! So excited to hear about this excursion! I love hearing about the places that you visit; but just as interesting are the little stories you share about the crew members you have gotten to know! I am sure those crew members appreciate the fact that you are interested in them and what they do!
    Rebecca- Well, I am glad that appointment is done! And what a wonderful surprise to wake up to! It looks to be a good sized deer.
    Penny- Like you, I do NOT have a green thumb. In the past, I would try to keep houseplants; only to forget about them and have them wither away. As people would look at these pathetic little things in pots, I would say; "Well, at least the kids are thriving!" Maybe if plants could say "Is it lunchtime, yet?" they would survive in my "house of death". Pope plants! lol They can't die! They have everlasting life, right? Hmmm...the vatican would do well to market that!
    Lisa- I am positive the right house will show itself when it is time for you to settle in for good! lol I saw the video you posted of Egg trying to play catch. Pretty sure coffee would not help him!
    Vicki- So sorry to hear about your teacup! Sending you big hugs! <3

Did I mention that DH mowed the lawn this weekend? Well, he did. Just the front lawn, but it was the first time he did it in, oh, about four years (since his RA pain started). I think it threw him, that I wasn't going to do it and it needed to get done. He was stunned with the amount of strength it takes to move the mower. He even came in and asked if I was sure the power drive had been fixed (it has). AND he was a pill on Sunday morning when he woke up sore; but he wakes up stiff and sore every day and he has WAAAAY stronger pain meds than I do. So, I feel a little bad, but not much. I think it was good for him to see/feel what I feel every 7-10 days when the lawn needs to be mowed. He didn't even do the back yard which is on an incline, so you are either pushing the mower up hill or moving it down hill (which is just as hard).

ah well, here we are again, time for kids to show up. I better get breakfast going for them. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Taking the pom to the dog parlor today. It will be a new groomer that I have not used before so hope it goes well.

Carol in GA
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    A question for those of you who experience hot flashes, do you become quite nauseated with them?

Machka in Oz

No, but I can experience an anxious tummy from the panic attack that accompanies the worst hot flashes.

Hot flash with nausea would have me back to the Dr. quickly (even with my reluctance to go to the Dr. due to lack of budget $$) because it is very different from what I usually experience and nausea is particularly hard for me to handle, and quite frankly sounds worrisome.

I hope you are doing well. I rarely have anything constructive to offer you in this time of struggle and transition, but think of you often and send hopeful and healing thoughts your way often.

Rye
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Vicki GI So sad about Toby. Farley, my oldest doggie, is 16. He has kidney disease and arthritis, and is nearly deaf & blind. Right now his quality of life still seems to be good.

Legs & Feet aching after really demanding shift at work last night. Taking it easy this a.m. Later on will take grandboy to a go-kart place for some fun.

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Lenora and Rebecca in my thoughts as you get the medical help you need.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Machka in Oz

Nope, nothing
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks so much for the input on the nasty woman, it helped me a lot:

Wendy my iPod is going to have a new home next to my bed- I think your idea for getting back to sleep when I’m in a ‘replay the bad’ headspace is inspired.

Someone else suggested remembering a good patron and that is what I’m going to do. For every bad story I allow myself to share I will post a corollary good one.

Struggling with an unexpected rash all over my face. Good news is it doesn’t hurt or itch. Bad news is this photo is after it got somewhat better.
    j0izz6kzqsxm.jpeg
    . We are hoping some how a reaction to a combo of Clinique face moisturizer and sterile eye wash is the culprit. Oh, I do so hope.

Also just noticed a Cold sore on my lip. Something seems to be awry with me.

Other than that we are happy, BUSY (full time at work started this week) and well.

Medical Procedures, spousal Care, housing stress, and lost dear pets, my heart is full for y’all.

Rye

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rye ~ You are definitely allergic to something. Bet it's the clinique! I can't wear Neutrogena makeup because it always breaks me out.