What's on your mind?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    That wasn't a fish for compliments but I felt like being all human and deep for .3 seconds there.

But it was nice to read. Thank you! :blush:
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Due to the fact that people talk smack about other people privately, but are so sweet and nice with them on here, I wonder how many people are talking *kitten* behind my back and smiling to my face here.

That's on my mind.

I’ve never talked about/been talked to about anyone else here privately and tend to feel like I’m too insignificant here for anyone to be interested in talking about me, but now I’m wondering if I’m wrong about that, especially because as Noah said:
    Due to the fact that people talk smack about other people privately, but are so sweet and nice with them on here, I wonder how many people are talking *kitten* behind my back and smiling to my face here.

That's on my mind.

I've wondered what's said about me too

I am not a worrying person, I worry about very little, but I am always concerned that I am just a constant annoyance to the people I talk with

But much of my youth was spent being told how annoying I was so

That’s me. It seriously sucked growing up and I still deal with huge amounts of social anxiety over it. Still, if I’ve annoyed someone, I’d much rather be told so I can do what I need to do to fix it even if it stings than to be unaware and keep making the same mistakes.

Exactly this
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    edited June 2018

That's on my mind.

I’ve never talked about/been talked to about anyone else here privately and tend to feel like I’m too insignificant here for anyone to be interested in talking about me, but now I’m wondering if I’m wrong about that, especially because as Noah said:

That's on my mind.

I am not a worrying person, I worry about very little, but I am always concerned that I am just a constant annoyance to the people I talk with

That’s me. It seriously sucked growing up and I still deal with huge amounts of social anxiety over it. Still, if I’ve annoyed someone, I’d much rather be told so I can do what I need to do to fix it even if it stings than to be unaware and keep making the same mistakes.

Exactly this

I wish people would do that

ETA: I suck at quoting. This: I’d much rather be told so I can do what I need to do to fix it even if it stings than to be unaware and keep making the same mistakes
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

Whoa whoa whoa. Just because someone else finds you annoying doesn’t mean your behavior is a mistake.

I used to worry about this. A lot. But I learned that people can sense when you’re trying to ingratiate yourself with them and they’ll subconsciously despise you for it.

So you do what YOU want. Make yourself happy. Be your brand of funny. Some people will find it endearing. Others are eternal grumps whose favor doesn’t matter anyway. :wink:
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

Exactly this

I wish people would do that

ETA: I suck at quoting. This: I’d much rather be told so I can do what I need to do to fix it even if it stings than to be unaware and keep making the same mistakes

That would make you and Noah an anomaly here. It's what makes cliques......people tend to look for affirmation not information.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    caco_ethes wrote: »

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

Whoa whoa whoa. Just because someone else finds you annoying doesn’t mean your behavior is a mistake.

I used to worry about this. A lot. But I learned that people can sense when you’re trying to ingratiate yourself with them and they’ll subconsciously despise you for it.

So you do what YOU want. Make yourself happy. Be your brand of funny. Some people will find it endearing. Others are eternal grumps whose favor doesn’t matter anyway. :wink:

I love you
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

So do I still have to pay you to be my friend?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

Your rate just went up 25 shmeckels
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

Your rate just went up 25 shmeckels

50 Schmeckles!
    niyyzgq4x8fk.gif
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    I have a Dunkin donuts Iced coffee on my mind and damn it I get can't one for hours!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    That was fast
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited June 2018

That's on my mind.

That's on my mind.

I think it depends on what it is that I’ve done that annoys someone. If it’s just my personality or my sense of humor that’s irritating to them, perhaps we’re not meant to be friends. If it’s an easily changed behavior, though, I want to know.

For example, I have an IRL friend who used to drive me absolutely insane because she would send me every cute animal or baby picture or soccer video she found on Instagram to the tune of 50-60 messages a day, even on days when she knew I had to sleep because I was working that night or had worked the day before. I felt like a total *kitten* when I finally got the guts to tell her how annoying it was to me, but our friendship improved when I did. She’s cut it down to sending me 5-10 of those things a day (still more than I want, tbh, but at least it’s not overwhelming) - enough that she still feels like she’s getting to share things that she liked with me but few enough that I can look forward to seeing her and talking to her rather than feeling irritated and wanting to avoid her because she’s been in my face 24/7 messaging me crap that doesn’t even stimulate any sort of conversation.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Solid shift in mind talk

I JUST got Ezra to sleep for his afternoon nap and the upstairs neighbor is nailing things into the wall. Immediately above his room
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Solid shift in mind talk

I JUST got Ezra to sleep for his afternoon nap and the upstairs neighbor is nailing things into the wall. Immediately above his room

The WORST! Hope he’s a good enough sleeper to sleep through it?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Solid shift in mind talk

Go upstairs and nail your neighbor to assert dominance.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Solid shift in mind talk

Maybe buy a fan or play soft music to drown out noises.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Solid shift in mind talk

Maybe buy a fan or play soft music to drown out noises.

I have rain playing in his room
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Solid shift in mind talk

I would but I can’t leave him alone
    Solid shift in mind talk

The WORST! Hope he’s a good enough sleeper to sleep through it?

Fingers crossed!
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Solid shift in mind talk

zymg258wd31y.gif

I watched this at work for a little while yesterday and I was reminded how much I love it
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited June 2018
    Solid shift in mind talk

zymg258wd31y.gif

We doing Bob's Burger gifs now?

giphy.gif