What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Davidaw86 wrote: »
    How annoying shopping for dress clothes is going to be.

I work in a school, and was asked if I would help out at graduation this Saturday. I said yes, and then later realized I had no dress clothes for the ceremony that fit. So I went to JCPenney after work. There were no size 28 dress pants, only 30 and higher. So I grabbed the only 30 they had.

My neck size measures in a 15", but I have a naturally wide chest at 40". So the dress shirts in a neck size 15 were way too tight in the chest, so I ended up having to go up in the neck size just to get a shirt that fit.

$200 later, and I now have dress clothes that kind of fit me...

Go online, I found a women's suit maker that will custom make my suits (jacket & trousers/skirt) for about $200-400. They also make everything else from shirts to coats, all by my measurements. I am certain that there are men's suit makers that will make custom fitted clothes online.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member

I work in a school, and was asked if I would help out at graduation this Saturday. I said yes, and then later realized I had no dress clothes for the ceremony that fit. So I went to JCPenney after work. There were no size 28 dress pants, only 30 and higher. So I grabbed the only 30 they had.

My neck size measures in a 15", but I have a naturally wide chest at 40". So the dress shirts in a neck size 15 were way too tight in the chest, so I ended up having to go up in the neck size just to get a shirt that fit.

I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but it could have been in another similar one. I think when we lose from a higher weight/size, we end up shaped different than most people that size. Not different enough to look freaky, but the right sized waist expects smaller legs and/or a higher crotch. I am somewhere between a regular and trim fit medium shirt now; neither is quite right. Both are close enough and I can find pants that work, but i rarely get the satisfaction of finding something that fits perfectly.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member

I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but it could have been in another similar one. I think when we lose from a higher weight/size, we end up shaped different than most people that size. Not different enough to look freaky, but the right sized waist expects smaller legs and/or a higher crotch. I am somewhere between a regular and trim fit medium shirt now; neither is quite right. Both are close enough and I can find pants that work, but i rarely get the satisfaction of finding something that fits perfectly.

Very true. Since I've dropped a lot of weight I've needed to buy 2 suits on separate occasions and in both cases I've had to buy separate jackets from trousers as the jackets would fit perfectly but the trousers that came in the set I couldn't get past my knees! Not a massive issue but it limits your choices if you don't want to spend too much knowing you'll literally wear it once and then it won't fit at all the next time you need a suit
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Speziface wrote: »
    That I'd end up having to pay to get my kilt retailored and not just altered. But it looks good!
    ybl65bmeap91.jpg

Which tartan is that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!