Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hm_day Support Group

Replies

• Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Well I went out to eat last night...and went over my calories for the day. I need to learn to downsize my choices. But it was all very good!

Today is the Turbo Fire Core 20 class/Stretch 40 class...:-) ~ this will complete my first week of Turbo Fire!

Then I am off to the pool to relax for a little bit.

How is everyone else doing today?
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Suzieqt - Welcome! We talk about a little bit of everything here and no one will judge you so how much you share is up to you! :)

Keemeri - As long as it was good, that's all that matters! And awesome about the Turbo Fire! You're doing great!

I went to see my difficult boyfriend today and we had a fairly civilized visit, lol. Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day.
  • I went to see my difficult boyfriend today and we had a fairly civilized visit, lol. Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

Better a difficult boyfriend than a difficult husband...I'm struggling to not kill mine...
  • hm_day
    I went to see my difficult boyfriend today and we had a fairly civilized visit, lol. Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

Better a difficult boyfriend than a difficult husband...I'm struggling to not kill mine...

Uh-ohs! Just go for a walk to get away from him for a while. It seems to be difficult-ville for men this week, it's okay :)
  • I went to see my difficult boyfriend today and we had a fairly civilized visit, lol. Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

Uh-ohs! Just go for a walk to get away from him for a while. It seems to be difficult-ville for men this week, it's okay :)

Yeah, not sure what's up his hoo-hoo, but he's just been a miserable jerk the last few days. I think we are moving in the right direction again after I had a good cry and he felt terrible.

Unfortunately, because we haven't been really seeing "eye-to-eye" my workout room did not even get started on this weekend :(
  • hm_day
    Meowthania - Yeah, when I saw my boyfriend, I basically told him that he's been a miserable pain in the *kitten* and then he apologized and we were okay. For now :) Guys overall have just been strung out this week. The communication in the world is all out of whack, haha.
  • hm_day
    Okay, so now that we have a pretty regular crew on here, why don't we come up with some challenges for the group? Anyone have any ideas?
  • How about some challenges to meet certain food intakes - like '2 fresh vegetables a day and 2 fruits a day" or something like that?
    (I was reading on this lifestyle coaching website people should aim for 4 fruits per day and 5 vegetables - serving size approx 1/2 cup)
  • hm_day
    How about some challenges to meet certain food intakes - like '2 fresh vegetables a day and 2 fruits a day" or something like that?
    (I was reading on this lifestyle coaching website people should aim for 4 fruits per day and 5 vegetables - serving size approx 1/2 cup)

That's a good idea! I've lately been trying to aim for at least one veggie and one piece of fruit per day. I'm not a huge veggie person but I loooove fruit. Which reminds me! I have cantaloupe in the fridge! :)
  • So maybe run that for a month, and we can always add in a second one like "exercise minimum 20 minutes 3 times a week" or something, just little things to get people (myself included) motivated and making healthy goals/get started. I know my biggest downfall right now is lack of exercise, but I'm working on it!
  • hm_day
    Yeah, we should have a nutrition challenge and an exercise challenge. I posted a status to see if people come and give any input, and from there make a final decision. Then I'll make a final post with the official challenges, and I think we should probably run a new one every 2 weeks instead of a month, just so people find it easier to stay on track (including me!).
  • Yeah, we should have a nutrition challenge and an exercise challenge. I posted a status to see if people come and give any input, and from there make a final decision. Then I'll make a final post with the official challenges, and I think we should probably run a new one every 2 weeks instead of a month, just so people find it easier to stay on track (including me!).

Sounds good! I think 2 weeks is a good time frame too - usually it takes 2 weeks to form a habit, so we may start changing lives :wink:
  • hm_day
    Well, I will give it until tonight for everyone to come up with something, since we're all in different time zones and such and I know a lot of people tend to log on long after I've passed out for the night :) So tomorrow we can all come to a general consensus, and we'll get to them all no matter what!
  • hm_day
    Ok, looks like this is the challenge :)

ATTN: We're going to have biweekly challenges (as meowthania said, it takes about 2 weeks to form a habit) and we can decide on the next challenge at any point. There will be one nutrition challenge and one exercise challenge. Since we're starting on a Tuesday, we'll change challenges every Tuesday. So our first challenges, from 8/16-8/30 --

Nutrition: Eat at least one fruit and one veggie per day.
    Exercise: Exercise for at least 20 minutes 3x a week.

I also have a Dr. Oz weekend challenge posted in my blog if anyone is interested in trying that this weekend :)
    Good luck!
  • Awesome :) so in!

not sure I can do the weekend challenge...hubby is very insistent upon staying up RIDICULOUSLY late on the weekends and sleeping in later. but...maybe down the road I can convince him to be more ...better.

Also - name is Angelika :) feel a bit silly being called "meowthania" all the time...it's one of my MMO character names...lol
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Day1:

Fruit- Sweet Lime and 1/2 Apple plus a slice of Papaya
    Veggie- Raw carrot, 1/2 Raw cucumber, 1 Tomato

Exercise- Low to moderate impact around 40 minutes total

I hope this format is ok for daily reports? :)
  • hm_day
    Day1:

Fruit- Sweet Lime and 1/2 Apple plus a slice of Papaya
    Veggie- Raw carrot, 1/2 Raw cucumber, 1 Tomato

Exercise- Low to moderate impact around 40 minutes total

I hope this format is ok for daily reports? :)

That's perfect! And you don't necessarily HAVE to do daily reports, but it definitely helps to see who's actually doing the challenges :)

And Angelika, that's awesome. I feel a little better calling you by your real name than a username, haha. But I know some people don't like to have their real name shared.

Ok, my daily report :)

Fruit: Banana
    Veggie: Lettuce, tomato SAUCE lol

Exercise: one hour of cardio and strength at the gym
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    It keeps me on track too!! :) I feel it's an extra motivation to hand in the finished 'homework' at the end of the day with 'I did IT...Woohoo!!!' :-)
  • hm_day
    It keeps me on track too!! :) I feel it's an extra motivation to hand in the finished 'homework' at the end of the day with 'I did IT...Woohoo!!!' :-)

Definitely! I've been kind of bad today, but I also have been WAY under my calories the last few days so it's not too bad, lol.
  • Ok, I'm reporting in!
    Yesterday fruit: 1/2 cup of blueberries, a small nectarine, and an apple
    Yesterday veggies: 1/2 cup cauliflower, 1 cup sweet red peppers

Exercise - walked to the movie theatre (approx 15 minutes each way)

Today!
    Fruit: 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 small nectarine
    Veggies: 1 cup of cauliflower, raw carrots and tomato...probably more veggies to come!
    Exercise: 30 minute walk on my lunchbreak (still need to log this)