What is Love?

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Being kind to people even if they might not deserve it. Not talking badly about people except to them constructively. Smiling at people. Treating people(genuinely) the way you’d like to be treated
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Love is getting up every morning to drive 6 miles to feed a sick & neglected dog, who waits on the side of the road for me.

you are a good soul
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    josh-billings.jpg.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    The feeling of love is the smallest passive part of it all. What matters is the action you take to honor it. It is the daily commitment, no matter what else distracts you from that person, to say to yourself and them again, I am with you and I put you above everything. It is understanding and accepting them without expectations of being different, more, or something else, and being there to support and encourage them in being everything that is. It is being able to see their brokenness and faults through kind, understanding eyes. Most the time it is less about warmth, excitement, tingles, and declarations, but about knowing someone sees you for you, all the good and bad, and chose you that day. It is what builds a person up, and how you build them up.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Love isn't seeking recognition for the good thoughtful things you do, but doing them because you mean it and want to do it.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Know you would always put that persons needs above yours and that they would do the same for you. Makes going through a narrow door together awkward at times.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Love is getting up every morning to drive 6 miles to feed a sick & neglected dog, who waits on the side of the road for me.

So why don't you take the dog home?
  • ChaelAZ
    Options
    Oddly, back in the day guys would write long letters to women expressing interest and love. Now they Snap the D pic with "Imma give you dis, bissss...". How times have changed.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Oddly, back in the day guys would write long letters to women expressing interest and love. Now they Snap the D pic with "Imma give you dis, bissss...". How times have changed.

I recently read some letters my grandpa sent my grandma while he was away during the war. The way he spoke to her and reassured her while she was at home alone expecting their first child.. it was beautiful.
  • ChaelAZ
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I recently read some letters my grandpa sent my grandma while he was away during the war. The way he spoke to her and reassured her while she was at home alone expecting their first child.. it was beautiful.

I wrote in my wife's anniversary card this morning, as I have always done. She always says, she loves the way I think and the way I speak/write to her.
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

So why don't you take the dog home?

The dog actually belongs to the people there where I feed it, they been neglecting it for almost 3 years that I been feeding it, it's a very sickly dog with mange & other health issues I'm sure,, I help feed it to keep it from starving on top of things. It's sad how people treat animals.
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Love is waiting to watch an episode on Netflix
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

Not love, not at all
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Love is when I say I want pizza and he says “ what kind of pizza do you want?” Plus a lot of other stuff.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    2VORNT2V wrote: »

Nah, its watching what I want, enduring all the snuggles, and providing the body heat, all without complaint of course
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options

Nah, its watching what I want, enduring all the snuggles, and providing the body heat, all without complaint of course

Is that a sexual thing?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

Is that a sexual thing?

Nerpity
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Love is cinnamon buns
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    Love is when I say I want pizza and he says “ what kind of pizza do you want?” Plus a lot of other stuff.

Haha yup...