JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member

This sounds like a scene straight out of a romantic movie! Sounds just lovely! Glad you had such a great, peaceful day. :smile: [/quote]

It was! It's nice to go on outings with him---gets us out of the same ol same ol routine :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Daily check-in to see how I did today:
    Grocery shop for my weekly menu ✅
    Exercise (nothing too scary) for 30 minutes ✅
    (Was ridiculously hot and humid out but I did it!)
    Meal prep for the week-so so. I did what I could for tomorrow.
    Keep up my water challenge-80 oz. day 14!!✅
    Start tracking food and exercise✅
    Tidy the house for the week-got halfway through
    Post on a forum for accountability ✅

Tomorrow’s goals:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Finish tidying
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability tomorrow night

Here goes my first weekday with healthy habits in place! Wish me luck!

Looks like a good start to your goals and plans to start off the weekdays! I personally find I do better during the week than I do on the weekends. Good Luck
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Jft and tomorrow Recap
    1. Be kind to yourself :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be present :)
    4. 2 cups regular water + seltzer >:) Only 1 regular water - never enough on the weekends
    5. Laundry :)

JFT Monday
    1. Drink Lots of water
    2. Log all food
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Tidy kitchen
    6. Pick up cream at farm on way home
    7. Print Quotes for 365 Days of Happy
    8. Finish Reasons I love you - 365 Days of Happy
  • Snowflake1968
    Never logged on to JFT this weekend ~ just so busy! So sad to read of some the struggles posted here, and so pleased to see the outpouring of support. JFT is wonderful group of people! <3<3<3 Please know I keep you all in my prayers.

Friday was last work day until 6/25 for hubby and myself ~ yippee! Had an unproductive day in office (go figure) but got lots of my pre-weekend tasks done. Managed to keep net calories to -17 hahaha with walking dog 3.55 miles before work.

Sat. hubby & I headed to my sister's for family combo bday party (70, 50, 30 + misc. over several months). Before we left home, I walked dog 3.32 miles & made couscous salad to bring to party. Total car time = 5.5 hrs ~ ack! There was no logging of food or drink, including multiple adult beverages + no regrets. :D It was a wonderful day filled with family <3 and food was good too. :p When we got home at 9 p.m. I was exhausted & was asleep before I could watch weather forecast during 10:00 news. :#

Today (Sun.) after church, hubby I were busy around home, quick grocery run & packing for our mini vacation trip. My late afternoon snack attack of sesame stix pushed my net calories to -462 and sodium very red ~ ack! Otherwise I ate what I planned, and at least I drank 14c water ~ SO hot & humid today ~ ick! Also walked dog 3.6 miles ~ we went way slower than usual ~ even dog was dragging.

Tomorrow morning, I hope to walk dog if thunderstorms let us. On Friday we had > 2.5" rain in the gauge, and this evening more heavy downpours. At least my rain barrels and planters are all set. Mon. mid-morning, SIL and her hubby arrive to pet and house sit while hubby and I leave town for our three night getaway ~ woohoo! I decided to log off MFP ~ want to be focused on hubby & our time together, not sneaking onto MFP to read threads. Wishing everyone a good week!

Have a great trip!
  • Snowflake1968
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hello friends! I am back from a lovely weekend with the husbands up in the mountains. Left Saturday morning and made it to the beer fest just as it was opening. My earlier JFT was to not eat any sugar on Saturday and that's exactly what happened! In fact, I had allowed myself wine at supper and I ended up passing it up as well (I just didn't want to spend 14 bucks on a glass of wine when I really wasn't even hankering for it) I also split a sandwich with the hubs at the fest and then ate half the entree at dinner. Got back to the hotel and the receptionist offered homemade cookies. Oh my word. NO!!! I got upstairs and bolted the door! (Told the hubs to please leave the food in the car)

We went home a more scenic route today. We went onto some dirt roads, in a meadow with delightful flowers and had a light picnic with cheese and wine, and a snooze in the sun. It was a glorious day. We got back on the main road and after awhile we pulled over next to a stream and took another nap with the sound of the water rushing by. I think the curves of the road were lulling us to sleep, lol! It was a great time to just relax and completely unwind.

Peace and joy!

That sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend away, I especially like your drive home.
  • Snowflake1968
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Stick to alcohol plan
    - 4 bottles water

- 30 mins lunch break
    - French podcast + article + Duolingo
    - Look at emails at intervals only
    - Don't panic!
    - Leave work by 6pm
    - Get train home at 9.45pm

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: I wasn't particularly healthy at my friend's but this was more about greed than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:

This seems to be my big one. I just want the taste of something more than I should have :)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member

This weekend flew by like the blue jays chasing a hawk in my yard Saturday. We were either physically busy or busy binge watching Rome episodes. Saturday we painted most of the downstairs in a little house next door that my son may move into or we will rent. We did sit outside and relax a little watching nature after we cleaned up. We also ate out that night. Sunday was Father's day in the USA. Our kids are out of the house but each was able to come by and see their dad. That was nice. I spent the majority of the day with my daughter. Her ex roommate removed the remainder of her property from the apartment. I know there are always two sides to a story, but what I have heard from the ex and seen in the apartment makes me wonder why my daughter did not evict her months ago. There is serious deep cleaning to be done and a new person scheduled to move in this upcoming weekend. I am scheduled to assist Wednesday after work.

I had a great week eating wise last week, but this weekend just went straight to hell, although at least it was not the deepest level. Saturday we went out to a sports pub type place. We split a shrimp appetizer then I had fajitas (only ate half.) So not too bad, but I right away started retaining water. Then yesterday I got breakfast to go on my way to DD, had lunch from Taco Bell - and not the lighter menu - then grilled nice strip steaks for the father's day dinner. Ate very late for us, after 9:00. So the bloat continued this morning. Time to get the train back on the track and loose 5 pounds in a day or two. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have not a chance to read through the last two days posts yet. I'll catch up tonight.

Just for today I will
    • Stay in the green (I don't have a meal plan for the week yet)
    • Get 8000 steps 10K may not be realistic with work today
    • Drink 64 oz water
    That's it - I don't have many goals today

• Snowflake1968
    JFT - Monday June 18
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk tonight?
    Laundry

Wow what a busy weekend I had, I didn't even really get a chance to check out MFP or FB almost all weekend. In the mornings I like to spend 1/2 an hour or so, just reading posts and seeing what people are up to. Saturday I woke up a bit late and had to rush out for my swim lesson. Sunday I got up and settled onto the couch when hubby started wanting to do work. It was only 630, but he is always up around 4-5 so he had already had his relaxing time. I finally stopped last night around 830 and logged onto the laptop to start reading when my friend started chatting with me on messenger. She is struggling severely with bi-polar, she was only diagnosed 2 years ago so I took time to talk with her as she is very down right now. I have known her since I was 13, her three children are my Godchildren. It is a struggle for me not being able to fix this for her.

I took the Grands to the splash park yesterday while their Mom was at work. Gave hubby some quiet time alone. We left there to go get their Mom and then we ran to the store for a last minute Father's Day gift. I bought him a garden gnome that is "flipping the bird". His sarcastic, grouchy attitude loves it.

My husband, about 5 or 6 years ago, decided that he would not acknowledge Mother's Day for me as "I'm not his mother". I find it very hurtful and it ticks me off. I try every year not to do anything for him for Father's Day because of this and I always find myself feeling petty, hence I bought him a gift. Before I bought a gift though I let him know how I felt. Yesterday morning we had to go to Home Depot, he started pointing out all of these things that I could buy him for Father's Day. Without causing a fight but still getting my opinion heard, I said well you should talk to your Daughter's because as you tell me, you're not my Father. He smiled at me, but I think it shocked him that I would say anything. We'll see what next year brings, but I think there are some days in a year that you should be made to feel special. Birthday, Mother's/Father's Day and Anniversary. We seem to have forgotten to do these things for each other and I think we need to get it back.

Of course, I have a funny Grand story this morning.
    Last night for dessert, I bought a DQ log ice cream cake. We were all having a slice and Michaela was having a hard time getting hers cut and on her spoon where the fudge is. Rodger is helping her and Lauryn says to her, "are you struggling"? Michaela says yes. Jonah pipes up in between bites of his own cake and says "Are you struggling emotionally or physically" ?

3illw57pzj4y.jpg
    e0ukuzrjngsx.jpg

• toaljasa
    @Faebert Life doesn't always go as planned, does it? And sometimes we are completely derailed and are left trying to put the pieces together, and not even sure which of the pieces are ours to pick up. You are still moving forward, no matter how painful, no matter that you don't want to some days, no matter that that there are days where you feel a crushing weight on your very soul. You are still moving. You have done a lot so that you and your young ones would survive this storm.

You have discovered a passion! Teaching! Do you know how few people actually know what they are passionate about and then get to do it? That is so great. The students need teachers like you! You are making a significant difference in their lives. You have two lovely, supportive, and fiercely loyal children. You are going to have no regrets of not being there for them or providing for them or showing your love for them when they are grown and out of the house. They will look back one day and appreciate and marvel at your strength and your determined efforts to put them as a priority. (So many kids can feel abandoned in this situation.) You have found an outlet to throw your frustration/sadness/anger into that provides good health. You could have chosen the bottle to daily drown your emotions but you chose fitness. You could hire a babysitter and be out drinking and finding solace in quick relationships. But you chose to get and keep your body healthy and in shape. And that helps keep your household healthy and you in a place where you can keep going.

No doubt that despite all the above it is still a hard, lonely road that was not of your planning. The biggest obstacle for me would not to let bitterness take root in my heart. Over the years I have had to fight to not let various bad experiences take over my life and quench my joy. Bitterness can utterly destroy a person and those around him/her can be tainted by it as well. I hope you fight that horrible weed with all your being and soul. It absolutely chokes out any joy so that a person just finds him/herself existing day to day instead of thriving.

You keep moving forward. Know that you are loved and supported here in this place where we can be real and vulnerable. May peace abound in your heart and may you continue to fight for a heart filled with joy.

• toaljasa
    JFT 6/18
    April Challenge: Drink 6-8 cups of water (no prob on Saturday. Sunday was a bust.)
    May Challenge: Be outside. (Was outside in the great outdoors all weekend.)
    June Challenge: Be mindful of eating and stop after 8:30 pm. Saturday, I did fantastic, splitting my lunch with hubs and taking home half the entree. Sunday was a big ol' bust. Thank goodness Monday is here!
    Pre-log/log food and water and exercise.
    Exercise!
    Boundaries study

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    @Snowflake1968 That is so funny! That made me laugh:)

Re: Mother's Day recognition, etc. I remember years ago, having had our first child, waiting expectantly for a Mother's Day greeting...and waiting, and waiting. I was so hurt! But my husband looked at me so perplexed. Why would he wish me mother's day when I'm not his mother. Ask your husband if his parent's acknowledged each other for that day. I expected it because my mom and dad always got each other a card. My dad used to get Mom a corsage. The hub's parents didn't.

He would always help the kids plan something and take them shopping. I vividly remember breakfasts in bed, one brushing my hair, the other putting make up on me(!) and their little gifts so proudly presented. So I grew to appreciate those times, and let the other go.

But I wholeheartedly agree...what's good for the goose is good for the gander. He shouldn't think that you are going to get him something for FD when he doesn't do the same for MD! And it's good that you communicated that message to him. I think most time we don't mean to be thoughtless...we are just...um, thoughtlessly thoughtless, lol!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    edited June 2018
    Faebert wrote: »
    Realise I forgot to post goals for Saturday/weekend in last night’s post. To be honest, I’m a little anxious about this weekend. I don’t have plans yet (other than a trip to the dentist which I know won’t involve good news).

Feeling reflective this morning as I have my coffee before working out. Tomorrow marks exactly five years since my ex walked out. We had been married six years and together for 10. My daughters were 4 and 2. It was pretty much out of the blue and was one of the most horrific experiences of my life.

Since then, I have gone back to uni and got a post grad degree, qualified as a teacher and am now in a job I love and am good at. I am in the shape of my life, having always felt like a naturally chubby, unathletic person. I work out at least six times a week, have found exercise I love and am good at. I’m blessed with a loving family and good friends. I have a home, I am financially independent. I look after myself, my kids and my home without a partner’s help.

Most important, my two girls are happy and kind and make me so proud.

It is still sometimes hard. It’s hard when my kids tell me they hate going to their dad because they don’t like his girlfriend. It’s hard that all of my friends are still married and are raising their kids in partnership with their husbands. It’s hard trying to stay fit and healthy when every night and some weekends I spend so many hours on my own. I now have a boyfriend but things there are complicated and it’s hard trying to make that work when my children are still young and my absolute priority. It’s hard trying not to worry about the future. Whether my kids will stay relatively unscathed by it all, whether I will remain living alone once they have flown the coop, whether I can continue to afford my life on a teacher’s salary, how to keep managing childcare...

So, JFT/this weekend I think I’m going to plan not to plan. I’m up this morning so I will workout. I”ll go to the dentist. I will stay mindful of the April, May and June challenges. I’ll try and reflect on how far I’ve come rather than what may or may not lie ahead. I will cuddle my girls extra tight when they leave and then return this weekend.

And everything else I will allow to fall where it does.

X

@Faebert ! I raised 3 kids on my own, and it was tough. But I can tell by your thoughts here that you are strong, you are resilient, you are a kind person with a good head on her shoulders and everything is going to work out fine! I'm so proud of you and how far you've come! (((HUGS)))
  • PackerFanInGB

My husband, about 5 or 6 years ago, decided that he would not acknowledge Mother's Day for me as "I'm not his mother". I find it very hurtful and it ticks me off. I try every year not to do anything for him for Father's Day because of this and I always find myself feeling petty, hence I bought him a gift. Before I bought a gift though I let him know how I felt. Yesterday morning we had to go to Home Depot, he started pointing out all of these things that I could buy him for Father's Day. Without causing a fight but still getting my opinion heard, I said well you should talk to your Daughter's because as you tell me, you're not my Father. He smiled at me, but I think it shocked him that I would say anything. We'll see what next year brings, but I think there are some days in a year that you should be made to feel special. Birthday, Mother's/Father's Day and Anniversary. We seem to have forgotten to do these things for each other and I think we need to get it back.

I'm thinking maybe your husband and my husband are somehow related... Same thing mine says to me. And I agree...it's hurtful.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Sunday:
    1. Log everything I eat and drink :)
    2. Drink at least eight 8oz glasses of water :)
    3. Listen to my podcasts while I sew :( Electricity went out so I didn't get a chance to sew.
    4. Be grateful and kind :)

Just for Monday:
    1. Log everything I eat and drink
    2. Drink at least eight 8 oz glasses of water
    3. Study for my Epic CEE's coming up next week (UGH)
    4. Listen to my podcasts today
    5. Be patient and kind.
    6. Journal in my Gratitude journal tonight.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
  • Snowflake1968

I'm thinking maybe your husband and my husband are somehow related... Same thing mine says to me. And I agree...it's hurtful.

Very hurtful. I think he realized it yesterday though. Every time he tried to say something about it being Father's Day I made a comment. I had asked him to light the barbecue for me, and he said it's Father's Day I'm not supposed to have to do anything. I said Hmm, on Mother's Day, I cooked a big breakfast a big dinner, babysat, cleaned and did laundry, you're getting fed without having to cook your own meal. I think you're doing all right.

He only started acting this way a few years ago, I truly think he was going through something and has started to come out of it, but it's a slow process and I don't like this version of him sometimes. I figure I'll just call him out on it now though.
  • Snowflake1968
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 That is so funny! That made me laugh:)

Re: Mother's Day recognition, etc. I remember years ago, having had our first child, waiting expectantly for a Mother's Day greeting...and waiting, and waiting. I was so hurt! But my husband looked at me so perplexed. Why would he wish me mother's day when I'm not his mother. Ask your husband if his parent's acknowledged each other for that day. I expected it because my mom and dad always got each other a card. My dad used to get Mom a corsage. The hub's parents didn't.

He would always help the kids plan something and take them shopping. I vividly remember breakfasts in bed, one brushing my hair, the other putting make up on me(!) and their little gifts so proudly presented. So I grew to appreciate those times, and let the other go.

But I wholeheartedly agree...what's good for the goose is good for the gander. He shouldn't think that you are going to get him something for FD when he doesn't do the same for MD! And it's good that you communicated that message to him. I think most time we don't mean to be thoughtless...we are just...um, thoughtlessly thoughtless, lol!

His Father always did and still does do for his Mother, and when the girls were young he always made a big deal out of it for me. This is a relatively new thing for him and I've decided I'm not letting him off with it anymore :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    @Snowflake1968 Mine didn't used to do that either. Truthfully, I think he just doesn't like to shop...for cards or anything else. It's his way after being together 25 years of not having to anymore. ;) He does take me every year right around that time of year (not necessarily on Mother's Day but in mid-May usually) to buy flowers and let me pick out a new bush or Lilac tree or some sort of perennials to plant in the yard though and that's pretty sweet. :)

Very cute pic of the grands by the way!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Just for today - I'm going to work my Program to my best ability. I'm going to rely on organization (weighing/measuring/logging food - especially the food I prepped yesterday to enjoy today), reliance on HP and my (MFP) friends, and understanding that this is a marathon, not a race. I'm going to do my best to do my best today and be as loving to myself as I would be to a stranger...I used to give latitude to those I didn't know while I beat myself up worse than anyone else would...thankfully for today I don't do that.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @snowflake1968 @toaljasa @PackerFanInGB thank you so much for your comments - nearly made me cry (in a good way!)

And snowflake I am loving the grandkids stories - keep them coming! They definitely bring some lightness, especially when partners are being hurtful or annoying.

So I followed up my weekend with a very eventful Monday- older daughter broke her arm at school today! Pleased to say that we all held it together, minimal hospital vending machine damage done to goals and I am feeling focussed rather than negative. My babies need their mamma strong ;)

Recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge - too long at the hospital to really drink enough but wasn’t too bad
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ yes!!!
    - Steps to 12k+ ✅
    - Early night ✅ not yet but nothing will stop me!!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Pin down SLT on school partnership progress
    - Sort handover for Wednesday

Right, off to get ready for bed as I suspect the munchkin might wake in pain tonight :/

Hugs and gratitude to you all x