June Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Today is all about fathers and mentors. I'm hosting a cookout with family. But I do it with love because I have the best dad in the world. We also will miss my husband's father who died this year. So, today, I'll put aside self care, but I do it because I am so grateful for so many wonderful men in my life. Hope your day is wonderful.
  • GaladiaPhoenix
    GaladiaPhoenix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I know June's pretty far along but the challenge sounds interesting!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I know June's pretty far along but the challenge sounds interesting!

Not too late; just add your posts of what you're doing. xo
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got rid of an old bike and a non-working TV that my parents offered to recycle during their town electronics recycling event, and I poked around an antiques market with my mom.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Took care of the family and went on a bike ride
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Today is all about fathers and mentors. I'm hosting a cookout with family. But I do it with love because I have the best dad in the world. We also will miss my husband's father who died this year. So, today, I'll put aside self care, but I do it because I am so grateful for so many wonderful men in my life. Hope your day is wonderful.

This is beautiful.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Very busy weekend didn't leave much time for self care, and I could feel the difference in my frazzled mood. Must do better.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Well, this weekend, I took a break from it all. The food logging, the cardio (only did a mile run each day,) the arm exercises, the fitbit ... It was nice, it was fun. And, now I feel renewed and ready to get back to losing some more weight.
  • slipchuck
    slipchuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would like to join your challenge. Recently I started seeing a nutrionist and have started walking. Started out at 1/2 mile and in 5 days now up to 2 miles in 27 minutes. My goal for this week is to get up to 2 miles in 24 minutes.
  • slipchuck
    slipchuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where you can keep track of your measurements in this site?
  • Valeria2020
    Valeria2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i love this challenge
  • Snickers2424
    Snickers2424 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this challenge, but noticed I wasn't the only one late to the party
  • Snickers2424
    Snickers2424 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I typed so much more in the above post, but it only posted a snippet. I wonder why?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I typed so much more in the above post, but it only posted a snippet. I wonder why?

I've found if I add smilies from my iPhone (not the forum's ones) it cuts off the rest of the post after them.
  • Orphia
    Options
    slipchuck wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where you can keep track of your measurements in this site?

@slipchuck

In the app, at the bottom, go to Progress. Up the top there is Weight. Click on that, and you can see waist, etc. Then click on waist, for example, then +.

On the desktop version, you can also add/enter other metrics you want to measure.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Went for a very long walk on a trail in a scenic area. Although it was HOT outside, I really loved just listening to the sounds of nature without music playing.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    June 17 a nice walk with some of favorite music

June 18 watched a sweet movie
  • Orphia
    Options
    30 minute walk.

Picked up some prints of my photos I've taken when walking and running, and bought blank cards at the craft shop to put them on. Have lined up selling them somewhere.
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    June 17 - Had a nice leisurely day with my family, didn't log food and wrote it off as a cheat day, then got right back into it the next day without feeling guilty.

June 18 - Worked from home in the afternoon with my cat and some reality TV, and bought a couple more plants for my garden.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Heading to Florida for a trip with my friend and daughters. Will be relaxing and full of exercise - we like to power walk on the beach and ride bikes. I also may try something new and go on a dolphin cruise. So, it will be five days of self care in a row. Xo