June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day (although I biked for 30 minutes after my hubby gave my bike a tune-up), and today I spent 3 hours this morning waiting (with the kids) in a government office and missed my run as a result. I thought about going out later... but if I go upstairs to change into running clothes, I think I'll end up in pajamas instead! Tomorrow is another day!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Oh, @mbaker566 I love that little dog - so cute. Hope he finds a wonderful home soon.

@Elise4270 I am in for the MFP trip to Hawaii when you win that lottery. I will even get a tattoo if everyone else is! :)

That little dog IS adorable.

@katharmonic I think in the dream i chickened on the tattoo. I want one, but i dont want one. Haha! I'll get a temporary one WHEN we go. :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Oh, @mbaker566 I love that little dog - so cute. Hope he finds a wonderful home soon.

@Elise4270 I am in for the MFP trip to Hawaii when you win that lottery. I will even get a tattoo if everyone else is! :)

That little dog IS adorable.

@katharmonic I think in the dream i chickened on the tattoo. I want one, but i dont want one. Haha! I'll get a temporary one WHEN we go. :wink:

Get a tattoo of the dog...
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 that is a good pic representing happy runners. Wishing everyone that feeling when we run.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Air Temp - 93. Dew Point 77. UGH! I WAS ROBBED OF A NICE SPRING!

If I was not planning on house hunting tonight, I would probably give up and hit the dreadmill.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Teresa502 that is a good pic representing happy runners. Wishing everyone that feeling when we run.

Agreed.

Scott, about what you were saying about how running slow felt hard...

https://tinamuir.com/why-easy-hard/

Basically, my take on it is:

Running fast makes us feel awesome. We like the stats on our watch, we like the endorphins, we like the bragging rights.

When we run slow, we hate that we're not getting these things. Look at that bad pace! This is going to look bad on Strava! Where's my runner's high?

We worry about being slow, the runner's biggest fear. We can feel time slipping away, we're wasting time, oh crap!!

Plus, you were worried about your Achilles, and your marathon.

All these things can mean a very difficult run.

From the article: “It takes more strength and courage to run easy than it does to run hard.”

It's so hard to run easy, but so very, very important.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Orphia. That is exactly what goes through my head. I really need to train my brain as much (or more) than my body! I keep saying that to myself, but I find it hard to follow though with it. I have time to work on it, as my marathon isn't until January. But I do need to start now, especially in this heat/humidity.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Agreed.

Running fast makes us feel awesome. We like the stats on our watch, we like the endorphins, we like the bragging rights.

When we run slow, we hate that we're not getting these things. Look at that bad pace! This is going to look bad on Strava! Where's my runner's high?

We worry about being slow, the runner's biggest fear. We can feel time slipping away, we're wasting time, oh crap!!

From the article: “It takes more strength and courage to run easy than it does to run hard.”

True stuff! Even though I wanted to stay and support my friend during the 5K (and participate in the chatter and laughter), I have to admit it was hard not to keep running when she had to stop and walk. This was a small town race and I knew a lot of people there so my pride wanted me to not be a slow runner.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »

Agreed.

True stuff! Even though I wanted to stay and support my friend during the 5K (and participate in the chatter and laughter), I have to admit it was hard not to keep running when she had to stop and walk. This was a small town race and I knew a lot of people there so my pride wanted me to not be a slow runner.

Well done for your integrity. :heart:
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Goal is 30 miles by the 30th.
    June 18- Easy 3 miles 35:10

Race goal- The Moose Is Loose 10K trail run July 14. Under an hour.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @zdyb23456 Aww! She's cuter than the puppy! Sorry @mbaker566

@ContraryMaryMary no worries on the dreams. Seems it's likely day residue stuff. Definitely nothing we need Freud or Jung for. Yet...
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I’m in Wyoming, so depending on your definition, anything is remote. I have technically been in smaller towns, and others without onsite workout rooms, but most have given me better options for off site fitness even if it was pricey. And no, chickens didn’t follow me, but it has occurred to me today, that i haven’t seen the darn thing while in my car. It always makes me a bit nervous though, having had some very protective and/or aggressive poultry in my childhood, I am as wary of it as I would be a loose canine.

Today was still pretty and cool, and realistically more cool than I had packed for. So I was thinking of chickening out (pun wasn’t intended). But, a gentleman also staying at my hotel, who I had seen come back for a run in yesterday’s deluge (which I did wuss out on)... he was running when I left work tonight. He somehow inspired me. So I decided to go, under dressed or not. And so it was one of those runs where I could have gone for ever... I was kind of dancing during my warmup to stay warm - despite listening to podcasts and not music... and the dancing attitude kind of stuck.

But I stuck to my 30 minutes C25K back to basics plan since I kind of overextended Saturday. And some dummy forgot to start her tracker, so, I think it was 2 miles ish.

So, 25.1 for the month.

Also, tech is weird... my battery only dropped like 20% Saturday over 7 miles in the fog. Today it dropped like 50% over 2 miles, with out the gps app running.