JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 @toaljasa @PackerFanInGB thank you so much for your comments - nearly made me cry (in a good way!)

And snowflake I am loving the grandkids stories - keep them coming! They definitely bring some lightness, especially when partners are being hurtful or annoying.

So I followed up my weekend with a very eventful Monday- older daughter broke her arm at school today! Pleased to say that we all held it together, minimal hospital vending machine damage done to goals and I am feeling focussed rather than negative. My babies need their mamma strong ;)

Recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge - too long at the hospital to really drink enough but wasn’t too bad
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ yes!!!
    - Steps to 12k+ ✅
    - Early night ✅ not yet but nothing will stop me!!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Pin down SLT on school partnership progress
    - Sort handover for Wednesday

Right, off to get ready for bed as I suspect the munchkin might wake in pain tonight :/

Hugs and gratitude to you all x

Oh poor little one, I hope she doesn't suffer with too much pain.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I read message boards and blogs a lot while I'm at work, as I'm bored. Tomorrow I have someone from head office coming to teach me sales, so this might not be my normal for much longer.

I read a comment today from someone on one of the boards that when your goals are set to lose 2lbs per week it is too aggressive for people under 200 because it is less than 1% of your body weight.

What does everyone think of this, is it true or is it an individual thing?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 @toaljasa @PackerFanInGB thank you so much for your comments - nearly made me cry (in a good way!)

And snowflake I am loving the grandkids stories - keep them coming! They definitely bring some lightness, especially when partners are being hurtful or annoying.

So I followed up my weekend with a very eventful Monday- older daughter broke her arm at school today! Pleased to say that we all held it together, minimal hospital vending machine damage done to goals and I am feeling focussed rather than negative. My babies need their mamma strong ;)

Recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge - too long at the hospital to really drink enough but wasn’t too bad
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ yes!!!
    - Steps to 12k+ ✅
    - Early night ✅ not yet but nothing will stop me!!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Pin down SLT on school partnership progress
    - Sort handover for Wednesday

Right, off to get ready for bed as I suspect the munchkin might wake in pain tonight :/

Hugs and gratitude to you all x

Look at those Beeeeutiful green check marks!!! Wow! Keep up the great work! (so sorry about your daughter's broken arm. No bueno :( )
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JFT, Sun
    1. spend fathers day with hubby. Making him a nice breakfast and dinner, and plan to go to the gym with him this afternoon. (Thats what he wants to do, so I'll go along, even though I hate working out in the afternoons!). :) Instead - we were just lazy, enjoying watching tv together.
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups of water :)
    3. june challenge - mindful eating :/ Gave into a buster bar, but at least I stopped with that!.

MOnday - guess I didn't post any goals for today, but a OK day. Ate too much fruit, but at least I did not give into emotional eating. Went for a 3 mile walk since I did not get to the gym this morning.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge = 8c. water
    3. may challenge - short walk. Going to try and go to gym, but after sun sets, short 15 min walk
    4. june challenge - mindful eating

June Challenge:
    If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

June 1st: :/
    June 2 - :)
    June 3 - :)
    June 4 - :/
    June 5-9 - :/:/ did terrible. On June 9, ended up eating almost a entire bag of chocolate covered cashews. I think this was my wake-up call.
    June 10 - started keeping a written journal of what I eat, what time I eat, and my mood. I am putting a ** next to any foods that were unplanned, and I am suppose to put a ** next to a binge. Somehow.... this has been helping me tremendously! :)
    June 11- :)
    June 12 - :)
    June 13 - :)
    June 14 :)
    June 15 - :)
    June 16 :)
    June 17 :/ - Dairy queen buster bar
    June 18 - Orange :)
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Daily check in. Here's how I did!

House chores ✅-I actually hadn't done this and sat down to write this update and thought "Eek-I'm going to have to say I didn't do this" and immediately got up and took out the trash and did dishes. The power of accountability, folks!
    30 minutes exercise ✅-It was so lovely out today I did 45
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Finish tidying-Ugh. Didn't happen with the extra walk time and it being my late work day.
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅ Day 15/30!
    Post here for accountability tomorrow night ✅
    Observations: You eat a LOT of food when you eat healthy. So. many. greens. Also, I definitely have more energy, and the walks feel really good :smile:

Here's for Tuesday:

House chores
    30 minutes exercise, ideally in the morning since I work later
    Figure out what to do with the chicken I marinated in the slow cooker
    Track food and exercise
    Finish the darn tidying
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Question for the group-I see everyone posting month challenges (May, June). What is this and how does it work?
    Have a fantabulous week, all.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @jeschepp Great job on checking off your list! Wonderful! So, regarding the April/May/June challenges. Joan (@mytime6630) challenged us to a monthly goal in the month of April. It went so well she has started a new one each month since then. Several of us are wanting to keep the new habits we have acquired through the challenges and so include them in our JFT. You are welcome to join us if it will help you! April was drink 8 cups of water daily. May was be outside for at least 15 minutes daily and June is mindful eating--- "If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. " Peace and joy!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating: I got irritated today and it was also time to eat, and I didn't want what I had planned. I was mad and hungry and just didn't feel like gazpacho. I wanted something I could chew. I also wanted potato chips, but I don't keep those in the house (with good reason!)

But it WAS lunch time. Past, in fact. So I switched my lunch and dinner and ate the Ethiopian lentil stew I had planned for dinner with injera bread. It was totally satisfying, I think at least partly because you eat Ethiopian food with your hands, using the bread as the utensil. By the time I was done I felt like a human being again.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    For Tuesday. Let's be sure to take care of both our Inner and Outer selves! Peace and joy dear people.
    doa6f2cxdqob.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Emotional eating: I got irritated today and it was also time to eat, and I didn't want what I had planned. I was mad and hungry and just didn't feel like gazpacho. I wanted something I could chew. I also wanted potato chips, but I don't keep those in the house (with good reason!)

But it WAS lunch time. Past, in fact. So I switched my lunch and dinner and ate the Ethiopian lentil stew I had planned for dinner with injera bread. It was totally satisfying, I think at least partly because you eat Ethiopian food with your hands, using the bread as the utensil. By the time I was done I felt like a human being again.

That is great strategizing. You came to an obstacle, modified your plans and acted accordingly. You won that battle big time! Thanks for sharing---very inspiring.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    @Faebert, my heart goes out to your DD. I hope she doesn't suffer too much but I know the first night will probably be rough.

@all the Mothers, I would say being the Mother of someone's children entitles you to a little recognition and spoiling on Mother's Day!

@toaljasa Your contributions to this thread always lift my day and my spirits. I hope you realize how much sunshine you spread.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options

Great job!!!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options

Just For Today, I commit to:

1) Log all food and stay under goal (I was 6 calories over when I prelogged, so going to try to trim a bit: maybe only half a potato?) :smile:
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water :smile:
    3) Get out of the house even though it's going to be really hot :smile:
    4) Physical therapy morning and evening :smile:
    5) Yoga routine :neutral: Totally forgot to do this and spent the time I should have been doing yoga on the phone with my best friend, but I can't regret it.

Just for Tuesday I will:

1) Log all food and stay under goal
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water
    3) Physical therapy morning, evening, and appointment
    4) Yoga routine
    5) Plan next week's eating and finish grocery list
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - Stick to alcohol plan :)
    - 4 bottles water :| managed 3
    - 30 mins lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast + article + Duolingo :smile:
    - Look at emails at intervals only :smiley:
    - Don't panic! :smile:
    - Leave work by 6pm
    - Get train home at 9.45pm

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - No alcohol
    - 3 bottles water

- 30 mins lunch break
    - French podcast + article + Duolingo
    - Look at emails at intervals only
    - Don't panic!
    - Stop work by 6pm
    - French hw
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options

@nickssweetheart, great way to handle things! (I wind up at a co-worker's MULTIPLE candy jars more often than I like to admit.)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay close to "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green with my sodium :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 7 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay close to "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green with my sodium
    5. Sand and paint my front porch
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! I'm 6 pages behind!! Hopefully today I can catch up!

It's been really hard for me to stay on track these last few weeks. I haven't been doing any prep. I haven't been bring lunch with me or making it for the DH or anything like that. I've been a sugar manic the last few weeks also. Like multiple candy bars a day! It's been crazy.

But I haven't liked where I've been the last few weeks. It's time to change. I have been reading a book recently that said most of our biggest problem is the one looking at us in the mirror. That changing anything is 20% knowledge and 80% behavior. I really feel like that is my problem. That no matter how hard I try I just can't find the motivation to keep up on things after a few days or weeks.

So back on the horse I go.

So JFT, 6/19/18

1. Work on budget
    2. Read Total Money Makeover
    3. Research business writing tips
    4. Make dinner!
    5. Do the dishes before bed
    6. Print out poem for meeting
    7. GO TO MEETING
    8. Nightly routine

I think that is all I'm going to do today. I don't have a lot of time between when I get home and my meeting.

I hope everyone had a great day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! I'm 6 pages behind!! Hopefully today I can catch up!

It's been really hard for me to stay on track these last few weeks. I haven't been doing any prep. I haven't been bring lunch with me or making it for the DH or anything like that. I've been a sugar manic the last few weeks also. Like multiple candy bars a day! It's been crazy.

But I haven't liked where I've been the last few weeks. It's time to change. I have been reading a book recently that said most of our biggest problem is the one looking at us in the mirror. That changing anything is 20% knowledge and 80% behavior. I really feel like that is my problem. That no matter how hard I try I just can't find the motivation to keep up on things after a few days or weeks.

So back on the horse I go.

So JFT, 6/19/18

1. Work on budget
    2. Read Total Money Makeover
    3. Research business writing tips
    4. Make dinner!
    5. Do the dishes before bed
    6. Print out poem for meeting
    7. GO TO MEETING
    8. Nightly routine

I think that is all I'm going to do today. I don't have a lot of time between when I get home and my meeting.

I hope everyone had a great day!

I feel 100% the same!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I also have June goals! Lol

1. Cancel gym membership!!!
    2. Start a plank challenge
    3. Make lunch 5x a week
    4. Have July budget meeting with Matt
    5. Log onto MFP/JFT EVERYDAY! Hannah!!! You need the accountability!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT, 6/19
    April challenge, drink 8 cups of water. (going for 6... Yesterday, I only got 3 in...how quickly habits can unravel if
    not purposeful)
    May Challenge, outside for 15 minutes--went on lovely walk at a park where husband was playing softball
    June Challenge, mindful eating-- did better on this yesterday although I did go beyond carbs---I had two cookies
    that were not prelogged.
    Log food BEFORE eating it
    Boundaries
    Stay focused and purposeful today

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Sun
    1. spend fathers day with hubby. Making him a nice breakfast and dinner, and plan to go to the gym with him this afternoon. (Thats what he wants to do, so I'll go along, even though I hate working out in the afternoons!). :) Instead - we were just lazy, enjoying watching tv together.
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups of water :)
    3. june challenge - mindful eating :/ Gave into a buster bar, but at least I stopped with that!.

MOnday - guess I didn't post any goals for today, but a OK day. Ate too much fruit, but at least I did not give into emotional eating. Went for a 3 mile walk since I did not get to the gym this morning.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge = 8c. water
    3. may challenge - short walk. Going to try and go to gym, but after sun sets, short 15 min walk
    4. june challenge - mindful eating

June Challenge:
    If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

June 1st: :/
    June 2 - :)
    June 3 - :)
    June 4 - :/
    June 5-9 - :/:/ did terrible. On June 9, ended up eating almost a entire bag of chocolate covered cashews. I think this was my wake-up call.
    June 10 - started keeping a written journal of what I eat, what time I eat, and my mood. I am putting a ** next to any foods that were unplanned, and I am suppose to put a ** next to a binge. Somehow.... this has been helping me tremendously! :)
    June 11- :)
    June 12 - :)
    June 13 - :)
    June 14 :)
    June 15 - :)
    June 16 :)
    June 17 :/ - Dairy queen buster bar
    June 18 - Orange :)

You are doing so well with the June challenge! I need to emulate you.