Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    becky3695 wrote: »
    94as50x764pw.jpeg

Here is the Green Bay Packer drunken Irish Shamrock.

It is a 3 leaf bc of me and my 2 daughters. It is placed under my arm so I will always protect them...

At least that is what my daughter said I said it meant.

I can't believe only 2 whiskeys were enough to send you to get a tattoo, I don't drink whisky but will stat away from them! :D

I love that your daughter and you got matching ones before she deploys. That is super sweet.

Irish Wakes have a lot of whiskey in them. Someone made them at a funeral in my best high school friend's family. She snuck two of them when her parents weren't looking. She dreamed she was being chased by a Jameson bottle all night and didn't drink again until she was in her 30s.

Wow. Like Long Island Iced Teas. Still can't even smell those without feeling sick. I never heard of an Irish Wake.

itic87h17ap6.gif

You obviously never overindulged on them. I did at $1 Long Island Iced Tea night in Milwaukee in college. I haven't been able to even think about them since without feeling sick.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess that I should be outside doing yoga and going out for a run. Instead I am watching Foyle’s War and browsing MFP
    I know I shouldn't like this, but I do. :)

Funny thing the confession inspired me to get out there and do it. The walk was shortened due to sundown and I probably would have done better doing the walk first.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

You obviously never overindulged on them. I did at $1 Long Island Iced Tea night in Milwaukee in college. I haven't been able to even think about them since without feeling sick.

That's how I feel about Jaeger, thanks to a New Year's Eve incident. I can't even eat licorice or pretty much anything with a lot of anise in it (some sausages are pretty anise-heavy)

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I have found a copycat recipe for the green monster! I'm thinking about making a super small batch this weekend :D:D:D

Unfortunately, I have had nasty run ins with both Long Island Iced Teas and Jaeger. I would take either at the moment.... Yes, it is 7:35 AM and I am sitting at my desk...

The only thing that really makes me nauseous is anything labeled "BARTLES AND JAMES" Thanks Junior Prom!!! Wine coolers are a no go!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    This works for slugs, don't know how it would do for caterpillars. Take a yogurt cup (one of the individual ones - 4 or 6 oz size) and bury it near the plants so the top is flush with the ground level. fill about 3/4 full with beer. I use the cheapest stuff I can find, but it all works. The slugs are attracted to the smell and drown in the beer.

Bonus for us, the raccoons and birds come fish the slugs out of the beer and eat them, so we don't have to clean out the beer traps.

We used to make beer traps for slugs - apparently guiness works well! Thankfully few slugs here as our soil is too sandy, just a bajillion ants!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    94as50x764pw.jpeg

Here is the Green Bay Packer drunken Irish Shamrock.

It is a 3 leaf bc of me and my 2 daughters. It is placed under my arm so I will always protect them...

At least that is what my daughter said I said it meant.

I can't believe only 2 whiskeys were enough to send you to get a tattoo, I don't drink whisky but will stat away from them! :D

I love that your daughter and you got matching ones before she deploys. That is super sweet.

Irish Wakes have a lot of whiskey in them. Someone made them at a funeral in my best high school friend's family. She snuck two of them when her parents weren't looking. She dreamed she was being chased by a Jameson bottle all night and didn't drink again until she was in her 30s.

Wow. Like Long Island Iced Teas. Still can't even smell those without feeling sick. I never heard of an Irish Wake.

itic87h17ap6.gif

Nope, it was Firewater. Ugh.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really makes me nauseous is anything labeled "BARTLES AND JAMES" Thanks Junior Prom!!! Wine coolers are a no go!

So they won't be thanking you for your support? (Had to - your comment put that phrase in my head and it won't go away, so I'm sharing the pain.)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    http://fox8.com/2018/06/21/who-was-joseph-newton-chandler-iii-authorities-to-reveal-true-identity-of-mystery-man/

I feel if someone is going to steal the identity of a deceased 8-year-old then they're definitely up to something shady!

Looking at some of his pictures he definitely had an off look about him that was almost creepy/menacing.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Pet drama for me last night. As I'm leaving the house with son for a dentist appointment, he tells me that he thinks flies are laying eggs on the dog. I look at her and yep, she has a open sore near her girl parts and flies are clustering to it. I have hubby google treatments as I drive to the dentist.

Tig is 160-lb-mastiff with bad hips. Putting her in the car or truck to take her to the vet is going to be difficult for us and painful for her, so a home remedy would obviously be preferable.

So, Google says to bathe the animal and then put Vaseline on the wound. Easier said than done! She won't let us anywhere near the wound. Ugh. I keep worrying about her, when I should be working on my paperwork from my search warrant/arrest yesterday. Hubby said he'll look at her today and see if he can get a better idea if we need to get her to a vet.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Pet drama for me last night. As I'm leaving the house with son for a dentist appointment, he tells me that he thinks flies are laying eggs on the dog. I look at her and yep, she has a open sore near her girl parts and flies are clustering to it. I have hubby google treatments as I drive to the dentist.

Tig is 160-lb-mastiff with bad hips. Putting her in the car or truck to take her to the vet is going to be difficult for us and painful for her, so a home remedy would obviously be preferable.

So, Google says to bathe the animal and then put Vaseline on the wound. Easier said than done! She won't let us anywhere near the wound. Ugh. I keep worrying about her, when I should be working on my paperwork from my search warrant/arrest yesterday. Hubby said he'll look at her today and see if he can get a better idea if we need to get her to a vet.

Oh, I'm so sorry. Poor girl! Can you call a mobile vet? Good luck and keep us posted.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I hope Tig is ok! A friend of mine who adopted one of my Mastiff's pups called to tell me the dog had broken her leg and when they xrayed it, found a cancer in the bone. Poor thing has now had an amputation. She's about 9 years old.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I hope Tig is ok! A friend of mine who adopted one of my Mastiff's pups called to tell me the dog had broken her leg and when they xrayed it, found a cancer in the bone. Poor thing has now had an amputation. She's about 9 years old.

I hope Tig is ok. I wonder how she got the sore?

My friend just adopted a rescue and it has heartworm. And needs to have her eyelashes frozen off as they are curling in and irritating her eyes. She has had her for about 3 months.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

This post needs a sad face. :-(
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Poor baby. Get well soon Tig
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I hate when puppers are sick.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I think we need a Tig update...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    :'(

I'm sorry, Tami. I saw your FB post. Sending you all the hugs!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I left the house without my fitbit this morning, so I missed about half my steps. This annoys me because I think I am actually even on my calories, not over. But I will live with it.

Second confessuon: I took Son 3 shoe shopping today and ended up buying myself new sandals (they were having a bogo sale) and a skirt and two tops from Christopher & Banks. They were having a buy one get two free on their clearance items.

Related NSV: I bought my usual size 12 skirt and it's loose. (insert happy dance)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I left the house without my fitbit this morning, so I missed about half my steps. This annoys me because I think I am actually even on my calories, not over. But I will live with it.

Second confessuon: I took Son 3 shoe shopping today and ended up buying myself new sandals (they were having a bogo sale) and a skirt and two tops from Christopher & Banks. They were having a buy one get two free on their clearance items.

Related NSV: I bought my usual size 12 skirt and it's loose. (insert happy dance)

Good for you! Shopping is good for the soul.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    :'(

I'm sorry, Tami. I saw your FB post. Sending you all the hugs!!

I did as well. I'm so sorry, Tami. <3