Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well fellow team members, I just got back home. 1 Hour walk / run burnt 500 calories. I can now eat dinner! :smile: That is a total of 800 calories burnt today.

Jeannie, you words of encouragement mean so much to me, thank you!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEE the weekends are hard! My husband can't seem to stay home any more so we all get drug out 180000 times every weekend. Wish me luck, team! Micah (my 2 yo) is in a big boy bed for the first time tonight. ACK! I should burn some good cals picking him up & putting him back in a million times over tonight. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEE the weekends are hard! My husband can't seem to stay home any more so we all get drug out 180000 times every weekend. Wish me luck, team! Micah (my 2 yo) is in a big boy bed for the first time tonight. ACK! I should burn some good cals picking him up & putting him back in a million times over tonight. :laugh:
    You might be surprised. I thought we would have to do that with madison too but she loves her big girl bed. We put her in one just after we found out we were PG with Ava so she wouldn't think that Ava was taking her bed. She only fell out once and never got up in the middle of the night. She would however get up earlier in the AM. Can't be any earlier then when Z is getting up. :noway:

Good Luck.

I had a good day. I cleaned our house from top to bottom. I think I started cleaning at about 11am and every now and then I would sit down for a minute but I cleaned until 5pm. I know horrible. I only counted 3 hours though.

Have a great night!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thanks, Sam! Micah must have heard you b/c he did SOOOO well last night! I woke up to the poor thing screaming, "NO, Z! SLEEEEP!" at 5am. Zeke then says, "I need to make your bed, Micah! It's okay...wanna help?" :noway: We gotta get outta this house so poor Micah can have his own room!

So, Sam...my Windex is waiting for you! Good job with all that cleaning! I REALLY need to scrub this house one of these days but I have so many little projects going on right now that it seems impossible.

Jeannie - you're still doing good! Just you thinking about it is a good thing! I hope the trainer helps!

Amanda - I hope you enjoyed your dinner! WTG on getting all those cals burnt yesterday!

I slipped up over the weekend with the sweets. Dang ValDay & chocolate everywhere we go! I DID resist the b.day cake at the party on Sat., though so I consider that a small miracle. :bigsmile:

Happy Monday, everyone!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok folks. Your laugh of the day.

I am so desperate for a pound of weight loss I actually thought about getting my hair cut!

Ok so it was just a moment, and I was just joking with myself, but can you imagine me in a pageboy just so my freakin ticker would go below 140?:laugh: :laugh:

Happy Monday!

:glasses: Black team rocks!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LOL Jeannie! I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind a time or two. :embarassed: Don't worry! That trainer will have you busting out the pounds in no time!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I did so badly yesterday. Dave hates Chinese food and I love it (I had it sometimes 5 times a week when I was pregnant.) So when he had to take a call yesterday for work, I jumped on the chance and went to lunch with my parents, of course suggesting Chinese. I even did 45 minutes on the elliptical knowing I'd need the help. After lunch, I was down to 151 calories left WITH my excercise. But I hadn't had Chinese food in so long that I didn't care. I figured it was a "cheat" day.

Well once Dave got home we went to Costco to get Harley a new car seat. (She's almost out of her baby carrier seat. :sad: ) We want to get 2 - one for Dave's car and one for mine so we don't have to switch them around. The Costco near us only had one but they had one at another store near Pittsburgh, about half an hour from us. So we drove out there. There is a Cracker Barrel (my favorite restaurant) there so we had supper. I had chicken and dumplings and root beer and biscuits with jelly (Sorry, I'm drooling.) Then when we got home, I was already so over my calories that I thought "Screw it" and ate over 300 calories of Hershey kisses.

When I do well on my calories during the day sometimes it's easy to not snack in the evening. But if I go over during the day, I lose all willpower and keep binging.

I won't get a chance to workout today. Dave and I are going to one of those resort things to tour and possibly win stuff. We know we'll probably waste the day and end up with nothing but in these economic times, we feel it's worth the time to try to win $25,000. We're dropping Harley off at my mom's and then leaving in the next half hour or so. I'm already up and ready earlier than usual. :yawn:

I guess I'll just get back on track for my last chance workout tomorrow. The other day I weighed myself and I was down another half pound. (Yea!) I just hope yesterday's binge doesn't mess with my weigh in this week.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I am so desperate for a pound of weight loss I actually thought about getting my hair cut!

Ok so it was just a moment, and I was just joking with myself, but can you imagine me in a pageboy just so my freakin ticker would go below 140?:laugh: :laugh:

Happy Monday!

I've never cut my hair for a weigh-in :laugh: but I take everything off -- even my glasses -- for the weigh-ins.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So I have to tell someone...
    OMG OMG OMG
    Yesterday my boy crush of one year asked me out. :bigsmile:
    ARGH.
    So excited.

OKAY OKAY, going to the gym now. BYE!!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG
    ARGH.
    So excited.

YAY!!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Happy Monday!

I've never cut my hair for a weigh-in :laugh: but I take everything off -- even my glasses -- for the weigh-ins.

Couldn't take my glasses off, wouldn't be able to read the scale. Wait a minute...maybe I will take off my glasses.:noway:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG
    ARGH.
    So excited.

YAY!!!!

Awwww....YAY!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG
    ARGH.
    So excited.

Whoo hoo...that's awesome!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG
    ARGH.
    So excited.

Yay Nicky! Keep us posted how it goes!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Hey y'all ... just checking in. The rest of the weekend went better with the challenge, and I managed to control my eating at my mom's house all weekend, even though I was at several reception/artist party type things and there were desserts at every stinkin' one. I stayed out of them, though!! This hasn't happened very often. It's hard to eat there because she lives by herself and doesn't have food in the house that I want to eat. I hate to do a whole shopping trip for myself just for the weekend, so sometimes I end up giving up and the old "oh well, whatever, I'll just eat what's here & not log it" mentality kicks in. But we went to the store & I made sure I had some good stuff ... salad ingredients & a couple of lean cuisines, fruit, etc. I am trying to get a bit more weight off before my 50th birthday in a few weeks, so my motivation is up right now. I'm finally getting to the weight loss point where people are going to start to notice even if they don't know I'm working on it, and I feel motivated by that now, too.

I have to get back on track with exercise ... I feel like it's one step forward, two steps back for me on that. I just get in a groove and then get sick ... migraine or this stupid bronchitis or something. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.

Gotta get to work ... this week looks like it's is gonna be a bear.... :cry: :noway:

Have a great day, y'all!!

Go Black!!!!

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    (chanting) Nicky! Nicky! Nicky!

Wooooooooo. Way to go!!!

:love:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Tresa - WTG on sticking with good food instead of just eating what's there! Hope you had a fun weekend! Good luck keeping that motivation UP UP UP!

Lori - I hope you'll still be down for weigh-in on Wed! Good luck at the contest!

Marla - did you get the bugs out of your computer?

Nicky - *girly screams* YAY! When are you going out?
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Happy Monday!

Couldn't take my glasses off, wouldn't be able to read the scale. Wait a minute...maybe I will take off my glasses.:noway:

LMBO! I have been known to take off my glasses & set them on the window pane, get on the scale, count to 7ish (that's how long mine takes to settle down to its final number), hop off, throw on my glasses or in one case, throw myself on the floor so I could get close enough to see it. LOL That, my friends, is how bad a plateau can screw with your head. :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Tresa - love the new pic! Glad you did well resisting the sweets at the resort! What kind of art do you do?

Geez, I am seriously procrastinating ... gonna be mad at myself later! I forgot to answer this one ... then I'm going back to work, I promise!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks!! This pic is kinda motivating me too ... daughter & son-in-law told me I look thin in this one :happy: , so I want to keep it up!!

I mostly work in oil paints, but I do some with pastels. Oils are my favorite, though. I grew up around it ... mom is an artist and is getting to be a little bit famous in the Evansville area. She shows up in the newspaper about once a month with something art-related. I'm not doing much with mine at the moment (tooooooo much else going on!! :noway: ), but it was fun to go an dabble with her & her artist buddies this weekend.

:heart: Tresa