Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options

"Most big things are accomplished every day with teeny tiny steps"
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Well I am finally awake after a sleep-induced weekend from melatonin. I can't remember what I told you guys, but I was prescribed that and Wellbutrin, and I start the Wellbutrin this Thursday. OMG that melatonin about knocked me senseless, but I am slowly getting used to it now.

Just heard a friend died Friday. Funeral is tomorrow. He was 39. UGH so young.

OK That's all for now. Take care, Meg from Omaha where it is STILL raining
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ We got an ozone machine that got the awful cigarette smoke out of our rental. It was expensive but I think you could probably rent one. You can't be in the house while it's doing the job. We ran it for two days.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, the longest weeks our life have been the periods between the time the real estate offers have been accepted and the day of signing the closing documents. Even when everything seems to have fallen into place, there are so many possible things that can happen. When we sold our last house, the buyers were two very frail looking women in their 80's and we hoped every day that neither of them would die before the deal closed. I wish you peaceful times until your deal closes. I look forward to reading about your adventures.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Snowflake: That's awesome, do you log your weight daily? I only put losses in over 1/2 a pound and I never enter gains.

Snowflake, I log my weight down to the 10th of a pound and I made a commitment to myself that, good or bad, I would enter it every day. When I'm traveling and can't weigh, I take the beginning of the travel weight and the end, and figure out about how much it would have changed every day. Lose, gain, it's a commitment to tell the truth. This is only true for me, but if I don't enter my gains, then I feel like I'm lying to myself again. And lying to myself is how I got to this weight. I lied to myself about how much I was eating, and whether I needed or just wanted to eat. Until I could own it, I couldn't fix it.

Warmest regards,
    Lisa in AR
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lisa - when I was losing I logged my weight up or down. I know my journey was not a steady downhill run. There were a lot of downs but some ups as well. I also logged all food (and drinks, condiments and cooking oil) down to the ounce (or gram) regardless of whether I was within my calorie goal or over.

Now I only log once a week, but still log each Friday, up or down.

Okie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,299 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm trying to weigh only when I've calculated (in my head) that I've got a deficit of 3,500 calories. I've got one more day for that since the cruise. I hope I'll be down a pound, but so much depends on water retention, BMs etc. It certainly isn't linear.
    Towards the end of losing weight, as I approached maintenance it got sooooooooooooo slow, it was glacial. I still work on a basic 1200, but eat back my morning exercise calories of 600.
    Recently I added bonus exercise calories in the afternoon which I don't calculate. Around 200-300. That got the scale moving again after a maintenance weight gain of 6 lbs. I was back at target before the cruise, but I gained two pounds on holiday.
    Luckily, I've got to the point when I actually enjoy exercise. In the past I hated and despised it. :laugh:

Yoga tomorrow. If I wake up early I might go out for a run in the cool of the morning before hand. It's predicted high temps in the daytime.

Heard nothing from the Hove estate agents. Useless.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    birds are singing, have the windows open, going to bed soon.. working 10-5 tomorrow
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hey ho! I am still here. Just a crazy morning, afternoon. Just got chicken off the grill and made myself a salad to go with it. Don't be too impressed with my healthy choices. I am having my favorite stout with it. I made a cilantro lime marinade for the chicken and it turned out FANTASTIC! I know cilantro is one of those love it or hate it herbs; but for those who would like to try this: four pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( prepping for the week), a half cup of olive oil, a third cup of lime juice, a bunch of cilantro (literally, a bunch, like the way you purchase it in stores or markets),a tbsp of minced garlic, a tbsp of agave nectar, a bit of sea salt. Blend all of that (not the chicken) until it is well mixed. Marinate breasts for at least 8 hours (I had mine marinating almost 24 hours). DH is sleeping; but he is my resident cilantro hater/non-adventurous eater (so his opinion wouldn't count, anyway). DYS made it home from work as I was pulling it off the grill and said that it's the best chicken to EVER be cooked on my grill. I agreed.
    Katla- Were you the one who asked if I had Heather's children's book? I don't! But thank you for reminding me. I have another grant coming in a couple of weeks, so I will be buying her book with that!
    Kristin- Congrats on being down 11 pounds! Doesn't it feel good to put on clothes that you weren't sure you would ever get back into?! Yea, YOU! :*
    Lisa- I need to check out your new blog and bookmark it! thanks for the heads up!
    Heather- Does your area get humid with the high temps? I think I am kind of an oddball with the fact that I tolerate cold weather much better than hot. Seems so many start looking at warmer climates for living as they age, I don't think I could handle it. Unless I had unlimited access and time to sit in a cool pool.

Well, I have to get busy and tie-dye some tee shirts for the kiddos. We have a field trip to the downtown area on Wednesday. Our theme this week is Adventure Grand Haven. So we are learning about our city, history, things to do/see. On Wednesday we will take the transit downtown (for most of them this is the first time on a bus), visit the museum, picnic, playground with splash pad, take a trolley tour, and get an ice cream before we head home. If we have time we will walk the board walk and pier. We will see...

I guess that is all I have in my head for now. ttfn xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I did things differently. I did not log my weight unless it was a loss while I was losing weight. But I weighed myself most days.

Now that I’m in maintenance (more or less, this month I am attempting to shed a couple sanity pounds) I let the scale auto sync to my device. I usually forget on Saturday’s when I have to work but otherwise I weigh every day.

For me, the emotional crush and feeling of failure was too much to face in logging weigh-ins that were up - but now in maintenance it is less emotionally driven and I like all the data points.

Rye
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Finally seeing results from months of MFP. Down 11 pounds, fitting into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in 3 years, and going to the doctor and seeing that my BMI has moved from obese to overweight category and my BP was 111/75. Nice when you see real impact from making better choices.

You go, girl!

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Wow, Thunder storms in WA last night. Puppy rattled around in her kennel when it started but then settled down and went back to sleep. I hope that portends good things for the 4th and she will not be frightened by the fireworks.The rain was good for the pastures as they were getting dry. Got some errands run today but not much else. Too wet for outdoor work and I just can't get going on indoor stuff. I had a tomato stuffed with tuna salad for lunch today. It was very good, I should do that more often.

Lisa - I like the title for your blog, Egg's home.

KJ - Sounds like a grand adventure.

Meg - Nice to hear form you.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    I did things differently. I did not log my weight unless it was a loss while I was losing weight. But I weighed myself most days.

Now that I’m in maintenance (more or less, this month I am attempting to shed a couple sanity pounds) I let the scale auto sync to my device. I usually forget on Saturday’s when I have to work but otherwise I weigh every day.

For me, the emotional crush and feeling of failure was too much to face in logging weigh-ins that were up - but now in maintenance it is less emotionally driven and I like all the data points.

Rye

I used to log the ups, but it got me very discouraged, now I just log the losses. I weigh daily though and am learning to live with the fluctuations. Right now I’m plateauing a bit, but I know it’s because I’ve been making delicious but poor food choices.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Margaret - thanks for your prayers for my daughter and daughter in law. Hopefully both will start to improve. My daughter in law seems to be getting worse instead of better and my daughter is home but we wish she was in the hospital because we think the pain pills are masking the issue which should be addressed.

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,629 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.32min, 127mhr, 12.7amph. 1.5mi= 59c
    apple watch- 60c
    TREADMILL, walk- 30min, 103ahr, 111mhr, 14.5incline, 3.5sp 1.72mi= = 173c
    apple watch- 218c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 15min, 114ahr, 139mhr, 64floors, lvl7, 1115steps, some evry other step= 112c
    apple watch- 136c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.07min, 122mhr, 17.2amph, 1.4mi= 39c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 14.41min, 12.4amph, 112ahr, 134mhr, 3mi= 113c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.50min, 148mhr, 135ahr, 9.19min mi, .5mi= 59c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- windy!! 4.22min, 123ahr, 151mhr, 9.28min mi, .4mi= 59c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 14MPH WINDS!! 20.16min, 7.6amph, 123ahr, 142mhr, 2.5mi= 173c
    apple watch- 137c

total cal 787
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,629 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Question. What do you ladies do when a relative doesn't make good on their word? Ok, my step sister has a bunch of pages showing her recently passed father and my mother, like when they met etc. I sent them to her for his funeral this last March. She said she'd sent it all back. Nothing. I have emailed her our new address, etc, and she has replied stating its by her door waiting to get packed up. That's as far as its gotten. I even told her a white lie stating I was making photo albums for each of the boys, and would really like those pictures back, since Grandpa Bob was really the only grandpa they knew. No response! Aack! Any suggestions? I have sent her an email that just says, I would really appreciate those pictures back.

Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

WHAT DO YOU MEAN. ! I CALL THEM OUT!!

Well, being that her father had passed/ my step father, I wanted to be respectful of that. People do have different time tables than mine, and to demand my pictures seemed a bit callous.
    Rebecca

well if I wanted them that bad, I would have been a bit callous then
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :'( Our dog walker is gone on a cruise to Alaska so we had to board the dogs to keep them safe while we go to Seattle tomorrow for Jake's semi-annual visit to the cardiologist. We miss them. Bernie, the cat, misses them. We can't pick them up until Wednesday because we won't get home early enough to pick them up.

:)Sue, we had thunder and lightning here, too. When I got up this morning, Bessie was on the floor next to the bed on my side instead of in her regular dog bed. Fortunately it was quiet when we went out to walk in the morning.

<3 Barbie