Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member

What healthy food will you absolutely, never, ever eat?

Raw tomatoes. I don't care of they are home grown, best tomatoes ever. I'm not eating them.

I will eat pico de Gallo (weird and irrational) and other tomato products. Never raw tomatoes.

Same! And I get upset if they put tomatoes on my sandwich after I've asked for no tomato. You can still taste the slime!

I cannot eat a mushy tomato and it grosses me out to see people eat a whole tomato like it is an apple. I wont eat cherry tomatoes, dont want to bite into it. I dont like avocado but I like guacamole.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Breakfast monte cristo! So yum! :p

q9cq7tz14hfh.jpg
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    I had chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate chip topping for breakfast. Winning!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I had chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate chip topping for breakfast. Winning!

Almost 1/2 a medium pizza for dinner! Also winning.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    I eat whatever I want as long as fits my calorie goal. Today was mostly Buffalo Wild Wings and shots of 151 rum. I don't judge, unless it's something really delicious ;)

Ya, me too. I eat a lunchables with a piece of candy at least once a day. I eat a yogurt with high fructose corn syrup for breakfast a lot. I eat boiled eggs with their fatty yoke, I eat whatever, but I eat small portions and keep it between 1200 and 1600 max. I also only walk a couple hours every night mostly because I don't wanna go home, and I can keep circling the local greenbelt and pond. I don't do any crazy exercise programs, and I've lost about twenty pounds in five weeks. I want convenient, not expensive and complicated.
  • CSARdiver
    Hell of a weekend and I'm just logging now. Spartan Super finished Saturday, then saw Tim Allen do a set in Milwaukee followed by an amazing pub burger and beers with the wife. Spartan Sprint finished Sunday followed by a night out with my family at our favorite pub and another amazing burger - with a pork belly, pulled pork, and bacon on top.
  • quiksylver296
    Hell of a weekend and I'm just logging now. Spartan Super finished Saturday, then saw Tim Allen do a set in Milwaukee followed by an amazing pub burger and beers with the wife. Spartan Sprint finished Sunday followed by a night out with my family at our favorite pub and another amazing burger - with a pork belly, pulled pork, and bacon on top.

That is an epic weekend!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member

Nope... that's not drool... not even a little bit.... 😯😭
  • VUA21
    God I’m so happy to have found this thread. I’m pretty new to the community here. I made a thread asking for some advice and immediate got attacked for eating jimmy johns. I try really hard to eat healthy most of the time. But we have to be realistic here. No one should be judged for what they eat or how much they are working out. It’s your journey. Some people just need to climb right off the pedestal they put themselves on. Just my opinion.

Yep!!!! The number of people that argue that somehow my junk food love will prevente from losing weight. So far it's been working great.

There are quite a few "all natural, organic, no-GMO, gluten free, low carb, non-fat, low sodium, raw food, keto, vegan, taste-free....." people an here. I'm like, but that just leaves water?
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    God I’m so happy to have found this thread. I’m pretty new to the community here. I made a thread asking for some advice and immediate got attacked for eating jimmy johns. I try really hard to eat healthy most of the time. But we have to be realistic here. No one should be judged for what they eat or how much they are working out. It’s your journey. Some people just need to climb right off the pedestal they put themselves on. Just my opinion.

Yep!!!! The number of people that argue that somehow my junk food love will prevente from losing weight. So far it's been working great.

There are quite a few "all natural, organic, no-GMO, gluten free, low carb, non-fat, low sodium, raw food, keto, vegan, taste-free....." people an here. I'm like, but that just leaves water?
    I think they key is moteration. I have found that in the past, I have struggled where I totally cut out my indulgences. Then ended up just binging a whole ton at once. Then feeling so guilty, and like I totally failed that it just spiraled down into completely giving up. I find now I do better allowing myself to have whatever it is I’m craving, in a much smaller amount that I normally would, and that seems to subside that need. Granted it’s only been a few weeks but I don’t feel deprived like I have in the past.
  • quiksylver296

I think they key is moteration. I have found that in the past, I have struggled where I totally cut out my indulgences. Then ended up just binging a whole ton at once. Then feeling so guilty, and like I totally failed that it just spiraled down into completely giving up. I find now I do better allowing myself to have whatever it is I’m craving, in a much smaller amount that I normally would, and that seems to subside that need. Granted it’s only been a few weeks but I don’t feel deprived like I have in the past.

Yep. That's how I am, too.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles

Yep. That's how I am, too.

Glad I’m not the only one!

• CSARdiver

This is only logical. Just as no one just jumps into a marathon without training and establishing the habits required for success, jumping into some crash diet is equally risky with almost no chance of success.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles

This is only logical. Just as no one just jumps into a marathon without training and establishing the habits required for success, jumping into some crash diet is equally risky with almost no chance of success.
    so true, but still it happens to so many people. I know I have done it to myself many times. That’s why I am trying not to pigeon hold myself in any “diet”. Rather trying to just not over eat and watch calories.

• VUA21

That's what I've been doing and it is so much better for my stress levels, if I want some chips, I have some chips. I just don't eat that many (one of the single serving snack packs), and I feel fine. Although every once in a while I run into people that have a meltdown over the fact that I'll have fast food every now and again.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles

That's what I've been doing and it is so much better for my stress levels, if I want some chips, I have some chips. I just don't eat that many (one of the single serving snack packs), and I feel fine. Although every once in a while I run into people that have a meltdown over the fact that I'll have fast food every now and again.

People who have never been over weight a day in their life still eat fast food occasionally! I think the key word is occasionally. Just because we are/were over weight shouldn’t mean we can’t live a normal life and have a normal relationship with food.