DOOMSDAY

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Based on the current status of my cupboards, I have enough food to keep me alive for another 12 minutes

Then wed be screwed my fridge is worse than a bachelor's pad. Unless you like ketchup.

Only on eggs, right @pudgy1977 ?

Don't you start with me Mr.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My dad was once a "prepper".....bullets and booze. All good for me, plus cans of that 10+ years food crap that can be eaten if necessary.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    In the case of "Yellowstone blew". Well, I'll probably have to change my air filters.
    In the case of "The JdF plate snapped". Huh? You say something?
    In the case of "Texas got cooler than 70 degrees". Jingle bells, jingle bells.

My little daughter once assembled her go-kit for global warming, oceans rising, flooding, etc. It had a pool noodle.
  • toxicslix
    toxicslix Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would have been fine for 6 months - food and water, plus access to a fully stocked freshwater lake. Now my ex-wife will be fine and I will be stuck in the city to fend for myself. On another positive note, there are plenty of fish and rabbits here in the suburbs of Vancouver as well as deer.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I'm going to go live in a cave. I'm going to do that anyways, but if it's a doomsday scenario I might move there a little quicker.

I’m a semi-pro at decorating man-caves

You don't decorate man-caves. We can stack all the food/supplies we're going to steal from @DeadliftsAndSprinkles up against the walls though.

Okay but then where will we put @DeadliftsAndSprinkles ?

Fine....we can have one decoration.

Well then what am I supposed to do with this ceramic owl, sheesh

You have to decide between the two. The ceramic owl can hold cookies, @DeadliftsAndSprinkles can you hold cookies?

Can she just hold the owl that holds the cookies? I feel like we’re overthinking this

Oh yeah... @DeadliftsAndSprinkles can you hold ceramic owls that hold cookies?

Of course I can, I'm not an imbecile

yfs1hha7hio4.jpg

It's not an owl but I have this plant to prove I can take care of things AND that I've managed to keep alive since Christmas.

v92t59hlbd17.jpg

Look at him go. Living his best life.

Does HE have a name?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go live in a cave. I'm going to do that anyways, but if it's a doomsday scenario I might move there a little quicker.

You don't decorate man-caves. We can stack all the food/supplies we're going to steal from @DeadliftsAndSprinkles up against the walls though.

You have to decide between the two. The ceramic owl can hold cookies, @DeadliftsAndSprinkles can you hold cookies?

Can she just hold the owl that holds the cookies? I feel like we’re overthinking this

yfs1hha7hio4.jpg

It's not an owl but I have this plant to prove I can take care of things AND that I've managed to keep alive since Christmas.

v92t59hlbd17.jpg

Well I agree you are good at keeping Christmas plants alive, I still don't know how you are at holding objects like ceramic owls. In fact, come to think of it, I've never seen you hold anything, ever.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    That time has come. Yellowstone blew. The Juan de Fuca plate snapped. Our twelve biggest cities were bombed. Texas got cooler than 70 degrees. Whatever the worst case scenario is, it has happened. What’s your plan? Who do you meet up with first? What’s in your backpack? Discuss

pfft... easy call

Costco Run.
  • cee134
    Options

yfs1hha7hio4.jpg

v92t59hlbd17.jpg

Well I agree you are good at keeping Christmas plants alive, I still don't know how you are at holding objects like ceramic owls. In fact, come to think of it, I've never seen you hold anything, ever.

You've definitely seen me hold my phone in selfies

Have I? I don't remember. Darn it TNT will you just take a selfie so I can stop pretending like I don't believe you can hold stuff.
  • cee134
    Options

yfs1hha7hio4.jpg

v92t59hlbd17.jpg

Have I? I don't remember. Darn it TNT will you just take a selfie so I can stop pretending like I don't believe you can hold stuff.

You and I both know damn well you have me on IG

Fine don't selfie then!

l26hbl4jyzc3.gif
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    That time has come. Yellowstone blew. The Juan de Fuca plate snapped. Our twelve biggest cities were bombed. Texas got cooler than 70 degrees. Whatever the worst case scenario is, it has happened. What’s your plan? Who do you meet up with first? What’s in your backpack? Discuss

Uhm. Is this a global thing? Or should I grab some popcorn, have a pint and wait for all of this to blow over on your side of the world?
  • cee134
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »

Uhm. Is this a global thing? Or should I grab some popcorn, have a pint and wait for all of this to blow over on your side of the world?

You should probably prepare your bug out bag now. Remember, they will not have coffee during the apocalypse.
  • cee134
    Options

yfs1hha7hio4.jpg

v92t59hlbd17.jpg

You and I both know damn well you have me on IG

Fine don't selfie then!

l26hbl4jyzc3.gif

Wow.

I assume you are complementing on my great taste in gifs.
  • SabAteNine
    Options

You should probably prepare your bug out bag now. Remember, they will not have coffee during the apocalypse.

That's ok, I'm a paranoid hypochondriac so generous stashes of the important stuff & meds are already accounted for. But we don't have guns here. Which is too bad since the biggest issue will be other people in this scenario.

Ah well, I'll just have that pint.
  • cee134
    Options

That's ok, I'm a paranoid hypochondriac so generous stashes of the important stuff & meds are already accounted for. But we don't have guns here. Which is too bad since the biggest issue will be other people in this scenario.

Then my suggestion would be to learn how to make beer.
  • SabAteNine
    Options

Then my suggestion would be to learn how to make beer.
    Well...
    5cifnk62rc3c.jpg
    ...you're not wrong. This is sound advice.

But what if there's fallout, hops become radioactive and the stuff turns out to slightly glow green in the dark?

I mean I guess then we'd be screwed anyway. Us and our third eye and second head, which is actually a tumor.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Well. I can crochet, that is about as gifted as I am.. I will be the first to die.