• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    That time has come. Yellowstone blew. The Juan de Fuca plate snapped. Our twelve biggest cities were bombed. Texas got cooler than 70 degrees. Whatever the worst case scenario is, it has happened. What’s your plan? Who do you meet up with first? What’s in your backpack? Discuss

Uhm. Is this a global thing? Or should I grab some popcorn, have a pint and wait for all of this to blow over on your side of the world?

You should probably prepare your bug out bag now. Remember, they will not have coffee during the apocalypse.

That's ok, I'm a paranoid hypochondriac so generous stashes of the important stuff & meds are already accounted for. But we don't have guns here. Which is too bad since the biggest issue will be other people in this scenario.

Ah well, I'll just have that pint.

Then my suggestion would be to learn how to make beer.
    Well...
    5cifnk62rc3c.jpg
    ...you're not wrong. This is sound advice.

But what if there's fallout, hops become radioactive and the stuff turns out to slightly glow green in the dark?

I mean I guess then we'd be screwed anyway. Us and our third eye and second head, which is actually a tumor.

Here are 7 plants to plant around your hops that are supposed to absorb "radiation". Therefor, it should keep your hops and beer protected.

7 plants to absorb radiation from computers (close enough right?)
    Cactus. Cactus is one of the most popular succulents thanks to its easy growth that does not require too much care.
    Betel leaf plant. The betel leaf plant, or piper betle, is the leaf of a grapevine which belongs to the family of Piperaceae.
    Snake plant.
    Spider plant.
    Aloe.
    Narcissus.
    Stone lotus flower.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member
    Real plan I can’t share.

In MFP fairytale land I have an underground bunker full of Sex toys and PB&J. @CoffeeAndContour I’m coming for ya! Haha
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Since I currently live in Louisiana, ill be packing a backpack with pistol, AR, and Shotty. Food, bandages, knives, couple pairs of clothes, poncho, fire equipment, tent, sleeping back. Its me and baby girl. We would go to a friends camp that also has a lot of guns as well.

I"m going to pack @LiftingRiot
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Since I currently live in Louisiana, ill be packing a backpack with pistol, AR, and Shotty. Food, bandages, knives, couple pairs of clothes, poncho, fire equipment, tent, sleeping back. Its me and baby girl. We would go to a friends camp that also has a lot of guns as well.

I’m going to rob @LiftingRiot
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    i delete my browser history and then i reopen chrome and type in
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Depending on time, head away from cities and people and just chill to watch the end. Mountains or maybe a quite beach. If the family wants to join, great. At that point I am not worrying about hurting feelings. That'll be sorted out shortly for everyone.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member

Sweet!!!! No walking for me.

Her back pack has excellent defenses. Try to come at us sis
  • No_Name14
    No_Name14 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm going to build a giant Nokia 3210 bunker type thing... with walls that taste like donuts and everyone has to dress up as their favourite animal but also has to bow down to me as animal king and feed me space food *kitten*.

Umm... I mean, I don't know. Haven't really thought about it..
  • caco_ethes
    No_Name14 wrote: »
    I'm going to build a giant Nokia 3210 bunker type thing... with walls that taste like donuts and everyone has to dress up as their favourite animal but also has to bow down to me as animal king and feed me space food *kitten*.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Exactly!!!!
  • caco_ethes

Pshh. How do you think those defenses will hold up against a 3D printed stick? Not well, I assure you
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member

Pshh. How do you think those defenses will hold up against a 3D printed stick? Not well, I assure you

3d printed stick huh???? Put one of your inbox pics to use I see. Well played.
  • No_Name14

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Would you believe me if I said I was kidnapped by rabid unicorns??
  • caco_ethes

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Of course, they are notoriously fiendish
  • No_Name14

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Exactly!!!!
    Hey youuu
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Only if there are pics
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited June 2018
    That time has come. Yellowstone blew. The Juan de Fuca plate snapped. Our twelve biggest cities were bombed. Texas got cooler than 70 degrees. Whatever the worst case scenario is, it has happened. What’s your plan? Who do you meet up with first? What’s in your backpack? Discuss
    What’s your plan?

For surivival I'll head for my sister's ex's property - which is exactly an hour and 47 mins away on foot and is a 27 minutes away bike ride. The man has everything.
    Who do you meet up with first?

We'll all be meeting at my sister's ex's property. Might have to extract God-child from Nevada though. Hit the Federal Medical Supply Depot and the Amazon Prime facility en route for stock, for non perishables and trauma medical supplies.
    What’s in your backpack?

In my backpack: My beauty and hygiene products. OH my sunscreen. My water bottle. My snacks.

Other than that .....

Sister's ex has e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g ... He is stocked. He has trucks. Has his own bowser. If we need exfil - The man has boats. He has a nice cabin in Big Bear to house at least 50 people - so that's perfect. He has sheep, chicken for fresh eggs and goats (This is why I'm heading there - favourite meat, milk and eggs - hullo). He makes cheese and there's aging cheese (I will never go hungry) He hunts. He has a water tower. Has many guns and all kinds of weapons. He has skills. His friends have skills. His family have skills. .... And he is into construction so he can pretty much build anything. And he is always good to me - so I don't have to do anything. B-i-g S-i-s O-n C-a-m-p-u-s.

Risk analysis - post Doomsday - Neutral pour moi. I will be staying alive, all the while spoilt and pampered, living it big. Stress level - Null. Zero. Zilch.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    I am probably gonna try to get laid

I mean

No

That’s my plan
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Real plan I can’t share.

In MFP fairytale land I have an underground bunker full of Sex toys and PB&J. @CoffeeAndContour I’m coming for ya! Haha

@CoffeeAndContour is in my backpack

because she fits. I have a 24 pack of Gatorade in each hand and dark chocolate in my pockets. :bigsmile:

https://www.popsci.com/can-two-people-repopulate-earth

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160113-could-just-two-people-repopulate-earth

Trust me I am NOT in the least bit disappointed with this now 3-way.

I'm locking up Hot Cop with his own cuffs and make him watch :rage:

Behind his back or in front, i mean... for reasons