Just for Today

CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Replies

• CricketKate
    Lynnara wrote: »
    Just for today is wonderful, but some days, its just for this hour for me.

I feel that, too.
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: moderation
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will think positive.
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will be kind to myself.