WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Rebecca ... In my family we say "we put the 'fun' in dysfunctional!" Lol!

Heather ... love the exterior of your 3rd prospect .. keeping fingers crossed

Drkatiebug ... well done on the kitchen!

Mary ... praying for your daughter. Having just gone through a year of similar issues with my aging father, I know from watching how painful, frustrating and dangerous the situation is ...

Janetr .. you look awesome!

Carol ... your guest room is lovely!

Lisa ... following your blog ...

I love seeing all of your photos and reading your stories. Thank you so much for sharing!

Beth
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)<3Rebecca, one of life's greatest challenges is detaching from a loved one who is causing you emotional pain. I wish you the best <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited June 2018
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Michele What is a bubba mug? I'd scrub it out with Bon Ami, if none available, try baking soda and white vinegar?

Yes ... this!

And bleach can work as well. We use bleach (a splash of bleach + hot water) in our bicycle waterbottles. Let it soak overnight, empty out half, give it a good shake, empty out out most, then dishwasher.

M in Oz

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Machka, so glad to hear he's home!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    MACHKA wonderful news, sure being home will help recovery. A lot easier for you too

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Machka - So glad things are moving forward. I hope you will make some free time for yourself. <3

My friend with the ligament has found out she has to stay in hospital for two weeks!!!! She's not allowed to put any weight on it. She has no one living with her at home. No downstairs toilet. Eeeeeekkk! I will go and visit her as soon as I can.

This morning I woke up very early and went into the spare room to read a book about running. :D Decided reading about it wasn't cutting it, so at 6 a m I decided to go out for a run. Wonderful! Listening to my podcasts. "God Only Knows" and "Mozart's Requiem". The early light, the cool air. I only saw the milk man in his cart and one other elderly woman out walking, who said, "Best time of day for it". :) We currently have a heatwave, so the cool air is a treat.
    Came back at 7.15 to find DH picking blackcurrants and gooseberries in the front garden. He decided we have too many blackcurrants to freeze them all, because of the move, so we are going to make jam today or tomorrow with 3 lbs of them.
    Had breakfast. Then I rowed for half an hour and did my yoga/pilates/weights session. Will have to do the recumbent bike after lunch for bonus calories. I have a Scandi noir I want to catch up on.
    I also put some brown rice in the IP. Going to have the rice, garbanzos and chorizo for lunch with salad bits.

Sending love to all daughters and sons and sisters and brothers. <3<3<3<3 May they all heal and prosper.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2018
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2018
    Heather Sounds like a lovely morning run.