WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Cheri How is your home furnishing/settling in coming along?
    Karen in Virginia

Very well! All rooms set up except my crafting room. Working on the details. Pictures and such. I'll have pics soon.

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.05min, 142mhr, 13.3amph. 1.5mi= 73c
    apple watch- 62c
    TREADMILL, walk- 7.26min, 103ahr, 111mhr, 5incline, 4.0sp .50mi= = 51c
    apple watch- 64c
    other- 7min, box step up and incline 1st 15, slow then fast, pushups, 1st 15 2leg and single, 124ahr, 146mhr= 54c
    apple watch- 57c
    floor exercises- 13min, 1st of 15ea, 10 diff exercises, 104ahr, 137mhr= 78c
    apple watch- 77c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 47.22min, 133ahr, 156mhr, 15.1amph, 11.9mi= 455c 15.1 6/18/18
    apple watch- 460c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.27min, 154mhr, 143ahr, 8.40min mi, .5mi= 57c
    apple watch- 51c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- w/hvy bg of tamales- 6min approx, .4mi= 55c
    apple watch- no record
    bike ride Puyallup 2 hm- windy and w/19#backpack- 53.05min, 152mhr, 133ahr, 11.1amph, 9.8mi= 531c
    apple watch- 426c

total cal 1354
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Morning all, not a bad day here in Liverpool. Today DH and I celebrate our 53rd wedding anniversary. Exchanged cards and had a cuddle this morning. Not sure where the years went but we are both happy to still be here and fit and well.

HEATHER nice to be home isn't it. Your cruise looked wonderful, I wouldn't mind trying one but DH says it's his idea of hell so I've told him I'll wait until he's gone and go on my own. But he says he's not going LOL

Love the line dancing video, I keep threatening to join in the dancing on the beach in Benidorm but haven't done it yet, maybe when we are there in September.

REBECCA hope your visit to doc goes well

Off to do KB workout and cardio vid

Kate UK <3

Happy Anniversary! X
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Kate UK - that was what my DH used to say. I was going to go on my own the first time because I really wanted to go to the Arctic. He only agreed to come with me after I had provisionally booked it. Didn't want to be left behind. ;) Now he is hooked. None of the things he was worried about were true.
    Heather UK XXXXXX on the car journey home.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    I read message boards and blogs a lot while I'm at work, as I'm bored. Tomorrow I have someone from head office coming to teach me sales, so this might not be my normal for much longer.

I read a comment today from someone on one of the boards that when your goals are set to lose 2lbs per week it is too aggressive for people under 200 because it is less than 1% of your body weight.

What does everyone think of this, is it true or is it an individual thing?

Tracey in Edmonton

When I started with MFP, I set my goal at 0.5 kg (or approx. 1 lb). As it happened, I lost 2 lbs/week ... wasn't planned, but the weight just dropped off. In 16 weeks, I dropped 15 kg, and was comfortably within my normal weight range again.

Then I took a 1-month diet break, and when I resumed, I deliberately went a little less aggressively. I increased my calorie intake by 100 cal/day, and over the next 16 weeks, I dropped 10 kg.

But I wouldn't deliberately set my goal to lose 2 lbs/week. I know how few calories I'd have to eat to accomplish that, and it wouldn't be pretty.

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    I think I will ride to work again this morning instead of taking the local train... morning peeps.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    KJ - If anyone deserves a cruise, you do. <3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX nearly home.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Kelly- so if you have never read any of the janet evonovich books, Stephanie plum series listen to One for the money on audio ,get there voices in your head and then you can read the rest of the series regular,when I worked where I could wear headphones I listened to one and was literally in tears laughing when I was listening... Now when I read I have the voices in my head and still Lol when I read them....here with Taliah ,Tracy found a tick on her foot and freaked out..she doesn't treat her dog ,she will.now...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :)Kelly, Line dance is not all country music. We dance to pop music (Uptown Funk, Cake by the Ocean) latin rhythms (Fin de Semana, Havana), tango, waltz, and lots of other stuff. We also dance to Alan Jackson and All My Ex's Live in Texas. There is something for everyone.

:)Tracey, the best food plan is the one you'll stick to. I tried starting at a low calorie level and found that I was weak and shaky after a long walk. I had to be sure to be providing enough nourishment to my body.

:)Kate, Happy Anniversary