Ask a real woman...

Replies

• Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Sugar addict - what if you were a Hong Kong ex pat renting a flat in Shepherd's Bush. You're a full time student with unlimited credit card privileges and your family is wealthy. Very wealthy. You enjoy beagles and a ménage of Dolce Gabbana finery. You're inexplicably attracted to a Polish construction worker with limited finances and less than rudimentary English skills. So you buy him an Oyster Card, move him into your flat and accept a marriage proposal.

How do you make him understand you're a sugar addict without alienating him or causing him to laugh at you?

A guy can answer that one - The Polish construction worker is fresh off the boat, speaks little English and is working hard for a low wage. He is smitten with the Hong Kong girl and the fact that she is interested in a poor boy like him. It does not hurt that she has a luxurious and high limit credit cards that Daddy pays.
    As to the sugar addiction - his mom is a great cook and makes delicious chruscki, and the little Hong Kong girl loves them, so everyone is happy.

"It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo...Do you accept?"
    "The teenager is Armenian. The day is Rosh Hashanah. The dish is saag paneer.."
    "The car is a lime-green Scion. The season is the solstice. The dish is chicken tikka masala..."

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,555 Member

MFP mods have a certain allure that even executive secretaries who eat cannolis can't always overcome. Ask @4legsRbetterthan2 .

Im an evil old hag w a hairlip and warty nose. No appeal here.

But we are in love
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Deisler26 wrote: »
    ecjim wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Sugar addict - what if you were a Hong Kong ex pat renting a flat in Shepherd's Bush. You're a full time student with unlimited credit card privileges and your family is wealthy. Very wealthy. You enjoy beagles and a ménage of Dolce Gabbana finery. You're inexplicably attracted to a Polish construction worker with limited finances and less than rudimentary English skills. So you buy him an Oyster Card, move him into your flat and accept a marriage proposal.

How do you make him understand you're a sugar addict without alienating him or causing him to laugh at you?

A guy can answer that one - The Polish construction worker is fresh off the boat, speaks little English and is working hard for a low wage. He is smitten with the Hong Kong girl and the fact that she is interested in a poor boy like him. It does not hurt that she has a luxurious and high limit credit cards that Daddy pays.
    As to the sugar addiction - his mom is a great cook and makes delicious chruscki, and the little Hong Kong girl loves them, so everyone is happy.

"It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo...Do you accept?"
    "The teenager is Armenian. The day is Rosh Hashanah. The dish is saag paneer.."
    "The car is a lime-green Scion. The season is the solstice. The dish is chicken tikka masala..."

None of those meals sound good - who's bringing the cheeseburger?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator

MFP mods have a certain allure that even executive secretaries who eat cannolis can't always overcome. Ask @4legsRbetterthan2 .

But we are in love

Cant help it if you have horrible taste :shrug:
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Is it ok to not act like a lady?
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Is it selfish to take a woman on a first date to a baseball game, even if I know the woman is not a baseball fan...she did say she was willing to “give it a try, if I step outside my comfort zone on a later date...”
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Is it selfish to take a woman on a first date to a baseball game, even if I know the woman is not a baseball fan...she did say she was willing to “give it a try, if I step outside my comfort zone on a later date...”

Id say it depends on how interested you are in this woman. I dont really qualify it as selfish, but as a not baseball fan, to me it seems like a good way to have a horrible first date and no more dates after. I would go to the game yourself or with friends, and do something yall both like on a first date. First dates are hard enough.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2

Be the woman you can love, whoever she is :heart:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited July 2018

It really depends on the woman, truth be told and your reactive responses during the matches. If you were to invite her to Round Robin match days of any sport and she isn't a fan, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Shot your post @my sister, to which she responded, "Ideally, he should find baseball loving babes!" I agree, IF YOU WERE STUCK on the IDEA of Baseball as your first date with any woman.

Watching your man play ball, is more fun for any woman who is into her man VS sitting next to your man, as he is glued to a sport you're not even remotely clued in about or follow. Boring. Deadening. UNLESS, you wouldn't be offended by her, if she's on her phone during the game .. Texting ... Social media ... Taking selfies ... Eating ... Wanting to talk to you. :laugh: Lose your game concentration & look into her eyes. :laugh:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

I’m not a baseball fan either but I think a baseball game is a great first date idea. Perfect, in fact
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    I’d like to ask a woman how to get a woman. If that doesn’t work, how do I become a woman.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I’m not a baseball fan either but I think a baseball game is a great first date idea. Perfect, in fact

Pick you up at 7?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,555 Member

But we are in love

Cant help it if you have horrible taste :shrug:
    How dare you talk about the love of my life in such a way
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,689 MFP Moderator

Seen the pic. False statement. Have people ever told you you're cute as a button? Is that a compliment or an annoying statement? :smiley:

I guess if you don't want to be treated like a lady then you don't have to act like one. And in certain scenarios it's best NOT to act like a lady. Like a Spartan race. Pick up your petticoats and move!

Be the woman you can love, whoever she is :heart:

:heart: Such true words.

If she's not into it then maybe wait a few dates. Agree she could get bored to death and then what?

Edit - Who's playing?
    2VORNT2V wrote: »
    I’d like to ask a woman how to get a woman. If that doesn’t work, how do I become a woman.

First step: stop thinking of women (or a woman) as something to be "gotten". ;)
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    How do you feel about "yes, dear"?

Also just because of those old sexist ads posted earlier in the thread:
    wn9elleb9611.jpg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2

Seen the pic. False statement. Have people ever told you you're cute as a button? Is that a compliment or an annoying statement

I dont think its annoying, but I dont really get it. Some old saying make sense, but I dont really look at a button and think "oh, how cute!". I wonder how it came about.

PS gotta keep up my evil mod face. Also, I miss the days when I was just a robot horse.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    edited July 2018
    lstrat115 wrote: »

1. Was it your kids' game?
    2. Did you already have tickets to said game or did you buy them specifically for the game?
    3. Was there a reason that you just HAD to go to this game when there are like 2749 more games still this year?

Personally I think a first date should be something both people would enjoy. With that being said I know that adults have busy lives and sometimes you have to squeeze something in when you have the time and that includes involving people in previously scheduled events.

Taking her somewhere she already may have negative feelings about will tell you a lot about who she is though

1. not my kids game...first date? No way...

2. A group of us have season tickets to the local minor league team where I live.

3. No reason I HAD to go other than that is where I am most comfortable and it is a fun time...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I have a question for a real woman:

Is Bartolo Colon sexy?
  • 777Gemma888

Is Bartolo Colon sexy?

Colon was a hottie when he'd entered the league ... Today? His fast ball is DAMN HOT and the man is a cutie. Granted, given the opportunity or inclination, he could very likely return to a silver fox version of his 22 year old self, 2 plus decades on.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited July 2018

Is Bartolo Colon sexy?

Colon was a hottie when he'd entered the league ... Today? His fast ball is DAMN HOT and the man is a cutie. Granted, given the opportunity or inclination, he could very likely return to a silver fox version of his 22 year old self, 2 plus decades on.

It moved

A woman who knows baseball...that's hnnnnnnnggggg

Lol ... Growing up watching Cricket than playing it, harnesses that appreciation for baseball. Wait ... Growing up watching Cricket, Baseball is like Spring Break ... A party in comparison.