2. Log all food
    3. Chores
    4. Grocery list, shop - eat first
    5. Laundry
    6. Consider 6 month goals, December
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 pages behind! This place is rockin'! :smile: I'll have to try to catch up later. I want to post while I'm thinking of it! Hope everyone is doing well

I didn't get on here to write goals today, but I did manage the goals I had in my head.
    1. Stay green :)
    2. Drink 64 oz water :)
    3. No junk food :)
    4. Work on Bex's quilt :):):):star:

I finally got past the roadblock in my mind and got a lot done on Casey's quilt, @Bex953172 I just couldn't get past the comments my mom had made about it, and today I looked at it again, added a few more things, and I really am happy with how it's shaping up! I think it's really cute and I sure hope you do! I will have the whole top done tomorrow morning, and then in the afternoon I should be able to get all 3 layers pinned together! I'm so excited! My husband had to come downstairs to get me because I got so caught up in what I was doing that I forgot about time! He told me to save something for tomorrow. LOL! I didn't realize I'd been down there since about 2:30 p.m.! I can't wait until you see it. I think it's really going to be cute! :heart: The fun part is that I was thinking about you all day while I worked on it! :mrgreen:

Hope everyone had a great day!

That's wonderful, I can't wait to see pictures!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is July 1st - and time for a new challenge!! Are you guys in with me again!!!

For myself, I am working on trying to continue each month's challenge each day . ... because these are all things that will improve our lives everyday .... not just while trying to lose weight. I know all of these things are so important in obtaining, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

As a reminder, here were the challenges so far:
    April challenge -- drink at least 8 cups of water each day
    May challenge --- go outside for a very brief time for a short walk --- minimum of 15 minute
    s.
    This could just be a walk around the block ..... just being outside, enjoying the fresh air will change our mindset. These short walks help me mentally as well to sort out the day and clear my mind of any negative thinking, etc.
    June challenge: If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

And here is the July Challenge: The nite before you go to bed, PLAN your next days meal.
    If you don't have time to plan the entire day ... just the main meal so you know what you are wanting to eat.

Even if it is just ONE meal. For me, I know this will help so much. I struggle with planning ahead, so what I am hoping to do, is to take the time before I go to bed to figure out what I am having for dinner entree. Breakfast and lunch are usually easy for me, since I tend to eat the same things. But dinner is always hard ... first because I work out of my home, and when I don't plan, that leads to stuff like ordering a pizza, or popping in a frozen pizza, or something else. Its get to be dinnertime, and I have no idea of what to cook.

I know many of you are already doing this, but I do know this is key to helping us maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I plan on trying to do all 4 challenges each day. This is how I plan to record them:

Challenges:
    July 1: Water; Walk; mindful eating; planning

(And I will put a smiley face after each one I can complete).

Is this too much? Would you guys like to join me? Even if you can just join me in the planning ahead part?

I am going to continue with the April, May and June challenges, they have been very helpful to me as well. I am going to attempt the July one for my breakfast and lunch and keep it in mind for dinner. Dinner is usually very dependent on my husband. It's the one meal I make for him each day so will give him the decision most days if he wants it. A lot of nights lately I make him something that he wants that I know is too high in calories and make myself something else. I'll see how this goes :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :/ Plan wasn't really specific enough, had just logged calories per meal rather than actual food. Lunch was ok but ended up overeating at dinner.
    - 3+ bottles water :)
    - Go for walk, at least 1h :smile:
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book

My over-eating at dinner was interesting. I've realised that whilst I've formed some pretty good habits in my 'normal' life, when I'm in other situations where I've over-eaten frequently in the past it's easy to default to pattern behaviour. So this weekend, I'm at my mum's, and so it's tempting to fall into eating the way I always have done there. Such as yesterday, I put a ton of butter on my potatoes 'because that's what I do here'. I think it's useful to have noticed this - hopefully now I've identified what's happening, I can break habits and create some new patterns!

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/
    June 24: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 25: Grumpy, overworked - two gins :/
    June 26: Black mood but reined myself in, had moderate indulgence and then stopped :smile:
    June 27: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 28: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 29: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 30: No emotional eating - habitual/ greedy eating :neutral:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go for run
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Do French revision
    - Read paper

That's a great thing to notice. I really eat differently with different people and different situations but I don't know that it is something I would have thought to be mindful of.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Not posted much last couple of days!
    Yesterday there was a food market where I live in the town centre.
    So lots of businesses come and set up stalls with their product and there’s all sorts, woodfired pizzas, German sausage, Thai food, Jamaican jerk chicken (soooooo tasty!) cakes and stuff, fudge, toffee vodka (also delicious!), fresh coffee, gin, churros? (Are churros American?)

Anyway so I didn’t log, i didn’t log anything, had a “day off”. It only comes round once a year.
    However because we had all the girls with us and it was busy, we had to put Marley in the pram because she can’t walk that much, not when it’s that busy. So I had Casey on me the whole way!
    It burns more calories than pushing a pram so I think in general I did okay calorie wise. Probably a bit over if I’m realistic but nothing OTT.

Anyway I’m going to log today, my day off was just for ONE day so I have to get back on it today!

@mytime6630 I think the challenge is good but not something I’m going to take part in! It’s not something i will like doing.
    I always have a mental idea of what I’m going to eat anyway and I generally eat the same set of low calorie meals!

Anyway, one thing I could do with doing which won’t apply much to anyone else is my pelvic floor exercises. 3 babies and I’m lucky I don’t pee myself! But I do need to some!

So I’ll do
    Water, walk, mindful eating, PF :)

Churros are Mexican I believe.

It sounds like a great day yesterday, they have a food fair like that here in July that lasts for 2 weeks. For me, i'm so fussy that it's not worth it to go so it's not a temptation, but for those that truly enjoy food it would be a battle I'm sure.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thank you! I really appreciate that :) I do feel like I'm making progress. Long way to go - you don't change 32-year habits overnight - but lots of progress has been made!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thank you! I really appreciate that :) I do feel like I'm making progress. Long way to go - you don't change 32-year habits overnight - but lots of progress has been made!

I noticed how good you are doing too, @slittlemeister! You are killin' it! I wanted to ask you if you feel the Beck Diet Solution book helped you with changing the way you think and look at things, or do you think it was the July challenge of @mytime6630 ? Maybe both? I stopped reading the Beck book and have been thinking about picking it back up and was curious of your thoughts....
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I noticed how good you are doing too, @slittlemeister! You are killin' it! I wanted to ask you if you feel the Beck Diet Solution book helped you with changing the way you think and look at things, or do you think it was the July challenge of @mytime6630 ? Maybe both? I stopped reading the Beck book and have been thinking about picking it back up and was curious of your thoughts....

The Beck book has definitely been helpful! I think I was already doing well with emotional eating before the challenge - the challenge gave me another boost as it made me even more conscious of it, but think the book had already made a big difference! I would definitely recommend picking it up again... I've recommended it to at least three people so far!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Getting a late start this morning. Stayed up too late last night and am not moving too quickly today. :tired_face:

I have an internal struggle going today. I know what I WANT to do today, and then I also know what I SHOULD do today. This Thursday, I am retaking the exam I failed last week, and I really should start studying today. But I want to enjoy my day off and not do anything for work. I want to sew on Bex's quilt. I want to cut up veggies for the week and make serving-sized Grab-N-Go baggies of easy snacks. (Actually this one I'll probably do, since I want to AND I should.) Such a dilemma....if this is the hardest decision I have to make today, then life is pretty good, right? :mrgreen:

@mytime6630, I will join in July's challenge! I try to do that with my daytime meals that I pack anyway (B, L, and Snacks). I think for me, I will plan my packed food, as well as what I'm going to allow myself for a treat at the end of the day. Maybe if I plan ahead of time what I'm going to have when my nighttime snack urge comes, I'll eat something other than ice cream! I'll be able to add it into my calories that way also if I pre-plan and pre-log. Dinner is many times out of my control since my hubby is retired and cooks dinner every night.

Just for Sunday:
    1. Log every bite & stay in the green
    2. Finish top of Bex's quilt.
    3. July Budgeting
    4. July bullet journal update
    5. Begin studying for Epic Inpatient Procedure Orders certification - spend 1 hour today.
    6. Laundry / ironing / pick out week's outfits
    7. Prep veggies and fruit
    8. Body, Mind & Spirit: Podcasts, Netflix documentaries about nutrition, read, soak in tub, mani/pedi. Pick something.

July 1: Water; Walk/Move; Mindful Eating; Planning

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    The Beck book has definitely been helpful! I think I was already doing well with emotional eating before the challenge - the challenge gave me another boost as it made me even more conscious of it, but think the book had already made a big difference! I would definitely recommend picking it up again... I've recommended it to at least three people so far!

I will definitely pick it up again then! Thank you for your insight!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I also have been re-reading the Beck Book. I know it can be helpful .... but gee... guess we have to do what she says! But love to see your success @slittlemeister ! Sometimes I think a person has to be ready to do what she says. I think I am "ready!" Getting tired of lugging around these extra 15 pounds!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

I also have been re-reading the Beck Book. I know it can be helpful .... but gee... guess we have to do what she says! But love to see your success @slittlemeister ! Sometimes I think a person has to be ready to do what she says. I think I am "ready!" Getting tired of lugging around these extra 15 pounds!

Right??? hahaha! I am a very good reader, but putting what I read into action is where I get stuck...
  • mytime6630
    edited July 2018
    Options
    How planning ahead helps us ---- I am one that usually always fixes lunches and dinner, both for myself and hubby. Yesterday I had planned to eat cottage cheese and cantalope for lunch (my favorite). Well, hubby was going to the gym, so he wanted his "before gym" food -- a large bagel, with peanut butter and jelly. So yesterday, I decided, gee, that sounds good .... and thats what I had. But I ate it while I ran out the door ... no sitting down to eat it. And Way over the calories, and not what I had intended to eat.

So today I "prelogged" what I plan to eat today. Not everything, just the main things. I prelogged my cottage cheese and cantalope. As I am making hubbys' hugs bagel, with tons of peanut butter on it, the "impulse eating" that I do, almost decided I would have that also. But no ...... I had prelogged my cottage cheese and cantalope, and thats what I am having :) And I am sitting down eating it ... so a real meal. So a small victory for me, well, at least for lunch :D
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is July 1st - and time for a new challenge!! Are you guys in with me again!!!

For myself, I am working on trying to continue each month's challenge each day . ... because these are all things that will improve our lives everyday .... not just while trying to lose weight. I know all of these things are so important in obtaining, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

As a reminder, here were the challenges so far:
    April challenge -- drink at least 8 cups of water each day
    May challenge --- go outside for a very brief time for a short walk --- minimum of 15 minute
    s.
    This could just be a walk around the block ..... just being outside, enjoying the fresh air will change our mindset. These short walks help me mentally as well to sort out the day and clear my mind of any negative thinking, etc.
    June challenge: If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

And here is the July Challenge: The nite before you go to bed, PLAN your next days meal.
    If you don't have time to plan the entire day ... just the main meal so you know what you are wanting to eat.

Even if it is just ONE meal. For me, I know this will help so much. I struggle with planning ahead, so what I am hoping to do, is to take the time before I go to bed to figure out what I am having for dinner entree. Breakfast and lunch are usually easy for me, since I tend to eat the same things. But dinner is always hard ... first because I work out of my home, and when I don't plan, that leads to stuff like ordering a pizza, or popping in a frozen pizza, or something else. Its get to be dinnertime, and I have no idea of what to cook.

I know many of you are already doing this, but I do know this is key to helping us maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I plan on trying to do all 4 challenges each day. This is how I plan to record them:

Challenges:
    July 1: Water; Walk; mindful eating; planning

(And I will put a smiley face after each one I can complete).

Is this too much? Would you guys like to join me? Even if you can just join me in the planning ahead part?

I'm in! Thanks, Joan!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    My refrigerator reminders today. Can you tell I’m a very visual person? :wink:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    This is the FIRST day of the next 6 months!

Remember where we can all be at Christmas time -- you know -- all the parties, places to go where we want to look nice!

mp9yxcvgdrvg.jpg
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Saturday, 6/30/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :/

JFT (Sunday, 7/1/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Laundry
    6) Complete 3 orders from my shop
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Saturday, 6/30/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :/

JFT (Sunday, 7/1/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Laundry
    6) Complete 3 orders from my shop

I’ve realised that I’ve never really spoken directly to you properly! Yet you post every day!
    So how are you doing :)

Also what kind of shop do you have? X