• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Well done@!!! You hooked to trail races now? :D
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I'm starting a beginner marathon training plan - eekkk! I'm going to attempt it and see how I feel as the mileage increases. I'm also willing to repeat weeks if I don't feel ready for the following weeks increase - especially in this heat and humidity. So this month's mileage goal based on the training plan is about 147 miles.

Well you certainly picked a rough time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere to start one! Just be ready to have SLOWER runs feel HARD AS HECK due to weather. Watch the dew point, and try to run when the sun is not blaring down full force.

You can do this. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    those of you running in wisconsin....
    i highly recommend the Door County Half Marathon. It will be may 4th next year. not too big, not too small. beautiful scenery.
    i see a few people running in the area so i thought i would make a bid for them
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes and @polskagirl01 congrats on your races. Great reports! Sounds like you both thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, which is the best part.

@zdyb23456 good luck with marathon training! Do you have a race in mind? I feel that eeekkkk, I really do. :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @Polskagirl01 Sounds like a very fun race and an outstanding course.

Trails are a bit tough for comparing times. For example, the trail I was running on Sat. took 4 hrs. for a HM distance... nearly double my HM race PR (even with hills/mountains on roads, my HM slowest time, was 2:10). On the same trails, I did a 12K a couple years ago in about 1:32 (I don't recall exactly, but was around 1.5 hrs). But it was way hotter on Sat. by comparison.
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @lffiormana, @Arieslife88, @AprilRN10 and @hesn92 - Welcome!

@sarahthes and @polskagirl01 - Congratulations on your races this weekend!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - Congrats on a great race. I loved reading your race report. Having just run my first trail race (a 10 miler), I completely understand your enthusiasm. I am currently obsessed with running trails!
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Still no run for me yet this month temps in the mid 30°C's all week and high humidity. All the rain has been going around us :(
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Iffiormana wrote: »
    I walk minimum of 5miles daily so in a month I can do 150miles.I will try to do 150 may be a bit more or a bit less can’t say yet.

So, I do not know your level of fitness or training, but if you are newish or even intermediate to this you will want to make sure you are taking at least 1 rest day a week. It is way too easy to overdo it and burn out or get hurt. Just something to consider. Some of us (including me when schedule permits) do run every day for big stretches, but by far most runners only run 3 or 4 days a week.
    I try to run 5miles but but obviously I can’t so I just take small breaks in between or start walking when gets really tired.
    No I don’t take rest days and I’m really fine with doing this,it’s helping me loose weight.
    I don’t over exert myself :)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Well done@!!! You hooked to trail races now? :D

Yep. As soon as I can get down these stairs and out the front door again.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I signed up to do the hilliest and hardest MARATHON I could find, which took me 7 and a half hours, and I won't say I loved it, but I love the feeling I have now. I am invincible. I may have wobbly extra bits of flesh, but I don't care, I have run a MARATHON and not that many people can say that. I can do ANYTHING. I am the champion of the world.

I'm so glad you are feeling better about it now! I was thinking about you at one point when I was running on Saturday, wondering if you'd've felt better if you'd only done a half, and also trying to imagine how I would've felt if I had to do the whole marathon distance on trails like that. I would have finished, but it would not have been pretty.