July 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    I got a grand total of 3.5 hours of sleep last night. Also I'm pretty sure my Forerunner 735 is dead and needs a warranty replacement, which I will arrange on Tuesday or Wednesday so I have my new one in time for my end of July race. In the meantime back to training with Strava on my phone.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    7/1 = 8 miles

Count me in for 125 miles. My old Peroneal Tendonitis issue has been flaring up the past two weeks. I might have to back off a little this month if it doesn’t calm down.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I couldn't get out of bed for my scheduled 9 miles this morning. This is two Sundays in a row where my sleep was awful, like more than usual awful.

I might go for a short run (walk?) on my usual loop around the 'hood. It's approximately 2.5-3ish miles depending which way I go. It's only supposed to be 104 today.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    edited July 2018
    July goal is 150 miles

7/1 5.00............ 5.00/145.00

Upcoming races:

October 20: Sinnemahone Ultra Marathon Trail Race (50K)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    @elise4270 I think today I am going to go hunt down the Seattle episode and watch. And try not to get emotional.

As for your question... it's kind of funny you ask because I spent part of the day yesterday putting all my races in a spreadsheet. And then, of course, I had to analyze it. I wrote a blog post about it and my pace yesterday. I can see where I trained well. I know exactly which half marathon I did with zero training. I know that after my January half if I don't keep running I slack and then my March races suffer. I won't post a link here because we can self-promote but if you are interested, the URL is the same as my username.

I basically took 2017 off thinking something was wrong with me. There was but not what I thought. I am now taking meds and doing exercises for it and it seems to be doing better.

I am getting ready to start marathon training (again) on July 9th. I need to finish it. I've started training twice before for marathons and never finished. Now it's become a mental block I think. I am working to get faster because I am still 3-ish minutes from my "usual" trained race pace thanks to having almost a year off. I have been working to get a good base going. I need to work on sleep and diet more. I am getting more consistent with the strength training again. I'm working on my mindset (If you haven't read Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor I HIGHLY recommend - there were moments I was nearly in tears. Her writing is beautiful and impactful).

That was a really interesting post - I misunderstood and thought it was here at MFP at first, which is why I sent a friend request, but I found it eventually. I love playing with numbers so it's interesting to hear from other people who feel the same. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to build back your pace the way you have, but it's awesome that you're doing it!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @MegaMooseEsq Yah you aren't supposed to post "personal info" in the forums which apparently blogs and social media accounts fall under. It's a weird rule. I get not giving out phone/address/social security number but social media accounts? So I followed the rule LOL
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    @MegaMooseEsq Yah you aren't supposed to post "personal info" in the forums which apparently blogs and social media accounts fall under. It's a weird rule. I get not giving out phone/address/social security number but social media accounts? So I followed the rule LOL

Nah, I get it. Although I have to wonder if any of the mods bother trying to keep up with these crazy big posts - it's pretty well behaved in these parts anyhow. I've been poking my head out into the main forums again after taking a break for a few weeks and definitely notice the difference!