• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    besaro wrote: »
    this thread feels like clique-bait.

hey, you belong in the punny thread!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    These posts about intimidation and cliques are killin' me softly this morning. So lame. Makes me not want to come here out of secondhand embarrassment for people who have pride in their status on MFP forums.

Hilarious y'all. Wow.

Goodness.

Well as the creator of those threads, I guess my intention was misunderstood.

I am glad the intimidation thread is going ok. I thought it might be an issue for a hot second. I think its kinda a neat idea though, break the barriers down. Sometimes the best way to do it is bulldoze right through.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Ummmm......
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I don't really "belong" anywhere...same in real life too.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    These posts about intimidation and cliques are killin' me softly this morning. So lame. Makes me not want to come here out of secondhand embarrassment for people who have pride in their status on MFP forums.

Hilarious y'all. Wow.

Goodness.

Well as the creator of those threads, I guess my intention was misunderstood.

I guess if nothing else we are all seeing that we may be misunderstood and not even realize it

So true. And so ironic, because the point of these threads was to mitigate any misunderstandings :grimace:

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,555 Member
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Anyone here ever been to band camp?

Yes
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member

Are you about to confess something involving a flute? This might get you in trouble...be careful...
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member

Yes. It was a let down when there were no flutes

They were just hidden already
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    LouisTamsi wrote: »
    It's cliquey enough I'm afraid to ask for friends. I'm not here to get ripped or lose a few pounds for Summer, I'm here for a life change, lose almost 200lbs, multi year commitment.

In the Chit Chat area people goof off, we joke and use mostly sarcasm. I have a lot of the people who post in the forums as friends and I find them to motivating, encouraging and inspirational. Don't take anything you see here as a sign that MFP isn't a great community of wonderful support

So says the lady holding a massive banana... :laugh:

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    I’ve noticed one big clique (except for a few randoms) keeps commenting on this thread saying that their are no cliques. Hmmmmm...

I hope this isn’t me because I like to think that while I’ve developed friendships in the last year, it’s not to the exclusion of anyone else.

I’ll play with anyone, I’ve been inoculated.

hmmmm not sure that is something you wanna say in this crowd :#:D:D
  • Keto_N_Iron

Yes. It was a let down when there were no flutes

:D:D:D I have been as well. but mine wan't that interesting
  • Keto_N_Iron
    I became a man my freshman year of band camp. Two juniors and a senior.

impressive
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    george5911 wrote: »
    I find it very interesting some of the responses from "loners" or those not belonging to a clique, who (in my observation) seemto.

But being a mod you have an entirely different perspective no?

Why would being a moderator give someone a different perspective? Especially when similar comments were made by others who aren't moderators?

I may be way off, but I was told moderators have insight to the who and when of woo's, likes, hugs etc... Wouldn't that introduce an entirely new data set to review? Giving a better view of who is on what bandwagon?

I can see who reacts in what way. But, tbh, trying to figure out woo patterns is a deadly spiral, even when you can see who does it.

Trying to figure out sure. I would think though that there has to be some stuff that just JUMPS out at you. But I'm not now nor have I ever been a mid so I'm really just talking out my fifth point of contact.

Just a FYI- If I wooed you- it was because I thought it was a positive thing.. Now i no woo