Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I notice cliqueish behavior in the selfie thread sometimes. Occasionally a new person will post and get overlooked or even woo’d and I don’t know why that is.

Actually i can agree with this. If you are not a regular selfie poster or commentor (is that a word) i notice they get passed over. Maybe its a comfort level?

I notice a lot of really attractive people getting woo’d ]

I've learned just to not let it bother me.

:smirk:
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Are "Cliques" people who only quote the other Cliques ?
    I'm a bit confused ?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused ?

Bam. You mine now
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Interesting...i guess Wed have to define clique. Im definitely a loner in these here parts.

Loner clique then

Pretty much and im ok with that :)
    Taking members applications currently. Must be weird. @SurfyPantsResurfaced if she comes back :)
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm a bit confused ?

Bam. You mine now

Are you the ring leader :joy:
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Interesting...i guess Wed have to define clique. Im definitely a loner in these here parts.

Loner clique then

Pretty much and im ok with that :)
    Taking members applications currently. Must be weird. @SurfyPantsResurfaced if she comes back :)

I say the most awkward things, I am clumsy, and I really have the worst comedic timing ever...does that count? Am I in?

Ha. Well. Yes. But understand this group is very exclusive. Only 2 people have been allowed in thus far. ;)
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I'm a bit confused ?

Bam. You mine now

More of a rodeo clown :grimace:
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am pretty certain that everyone is in a clique, but they just don't know it.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I'm just me.. If you like me, awesome! I like people and hope that they like me in return.. And if you don't.... I will hunt you down...j/j

The biggest thing is don't be afraid to join in. I bet there is a lot of people that feel unnoticed here on the threads, including myself. And sometimes that can make you feel alone or not part of something. But, like I said.. Don't be afraid to join in on the conversations. I, personally, love it.

• caco_ethes
    Options
    I'm a bit confused ?

Bam. You mine now

More of a rodeo clown :grimace:

I am beginning to think you started this thread as a way to organize your "Clique"

I have dibs on everyone posting, muahaha suckas
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Also, between work and home life, I am so extremely tired. I get on here and lurk around, but sometimes too mentally drained to think of a comment.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I don’t necessarily see cliques...I see people who post more than others...I do see people who react more to certain mfp’ers posts...but not really cliques.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    There is an air of exclusiveness in many areas. Anytime a few or group of people make others uncomfortable, you are a clique. Though I can appreciate "being on here a long time" and inside jokes based on past experiences, take those elbow rubbing thoughts offline and email each other directly...spare the new folks. Many of them are looking for diet, nutrition and exercise support, which is as much emotional as anything. If they want another place to feel like a social out cast, Facebook serves.

Takes little effort to notice a "group" who seem to always hoover on certain topics or pounce on new posters and ideas not in the "norm". Can avoid them, once you know their MFP Ids but God help you if one those "cliques" descends on your post. If they can even stay on topic instead of drawing it off onto some obscure word someone not in their mind set stated.

Yes...there are cliques and some are pretty darn vicious. Kindness, even when you don't agree with someone or acknowledgement of a new face with just the slightest shout out of a "hi" would change the face of MFP rapidly and the cliquiness of it all.

Exactly.