Juice fasting

Options

Replies

• FatSyrup
    FatSyrup Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well back to day one, juicing all over again.... Today was strawberries, apples, carrots and lemons, yum

Hi ddakota1997:

Good job for finishing the fist fast. And I remember you lose 12 lbs during 2 weeks.
    Do you mind if I ask how many % of those 12lbs gain back after you eat real food for 4 or 5 days?
  • JulieTX86
    JulieTX86 Posts: 303
    Options
    Well back to day one, juicing all over again.... Today was strawberries, apples, carrots and lemons, yum

Hi ddakota1997:

Good job for finishing the fist fast. And I remember you lose 12 lbs during 2 weeks.
    Do you mind if I ask how many % of those 12lbs gain back after you eat real food for 4 or 5 days?

That's a good question!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    I am starting my juice fast tomorrow and wanted to know if anyone is fasting using the Bolthouse smoothies and juices? Are these drinks okay for a fast? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
  • adiczhazy
    Options
    Just got done watching the doc and I was truly motivated! I am not looking at this as a fast fix. But am excited to give it a shot to get me remotivated and in the right frame of mind regarding food.

I plan to do a 5 day fast. Transistion day tomorrow, fast Tuesday - Saturday and transistion out Sunday. The following weekend I will be in Vegas, I don't want to fast too close to my vacation!

Once back from my vaca I'd like to try a 15 day cleanse. I am excited about getting cleaner more natural foods into my life!

Good luck everyone!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Bump! Wanting to try this..
  • aandasmommy
    aandasmommy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Jack Lalanne juicer at walmart and love it! :)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Went to Chicago for the weekend so haven’t been on for awhile. A few updates:

We have used the Omega 8300 juicer that we finally received from Amazon (masticating juicer vs. my old one which was centrifugal). I love it! It was a little pricey but worth every penny to me. I can’t wait until this juice cleanse is over so I can use it to make some nut butters and pasta! It’s very versatile.

I did eat while in Chicago but didn’t get out of control. Visited Jamba juice once and got a wonderful smoothie. I’m ready to get back to the juice cleanse. My husband is going to stop at 30 days and I’m going to try to go the whole 40 days. I will end a few days before we leave for Florida. I am hoping to be down a total of 30 pounds by then.

Happy juicing!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is a really random tip, but I was watching some youtube vids yesterday of juicing, and one guy was saying that when you juice beets you should juice the greens of the beet as well as the root to balance out the sugar content found in the root with the minerals found in the greens. Idk if it's actually true, but it will probably give you more juice!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump, want to see how you go, interesting, good luck
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Hi ddakota1997:

I didn't gain anything back. Staying clean with just eating fruits and veggies and nuts and beans and once a week eating lean meats and just keeping at it. I'm going back to juicing again after labor day weekend, its my B-day weekend. woot!!!!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I had the best freaking breakfast juice EVER!!!

I am on Day 6, and it was the FIRST juice I have made yet that was purely fruit. Everything I have done so far has always been mostly veggies with a little bit of fruit mixed in.

Anyway!

1 cup strawberries
    1 cup blueberries
    1 lemon

OMG! It tastes like strawberry lemonade! SOOOO good!!!
    SO simple and so very tasty!
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    I just tried your simple juice Juile and it was fabulous indeed. Day 25 and im feeling amazing as always. Had to buy some new clothes today and it felt really good because im down 5 jean sizes and 2 shirts sizes since i started my diet. Finally an XL lol no more of those 2, 3 or 4xl shirts....i can finally shop at walmart woot!. Happy Juicling to all.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I just tried your simple juice Juile and it was fabulous indeed. Day 25 and im feeling amazing as always. Had to buy some new clothes today and it felt really good because im down 5 jean sizes and 2 shirts sizes since i started my diet. Finally an XL lol no more of those 2, 3 or 4xl shirts....i can finally shop at walmart woot!. Happy Juicling to all.

That is great!! Congratulations! You are doing so good!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Although I have not tried it yet I have a recipe for sweet potato, if anyone tries it let me know how it is

Sunset Blend Juice
    1 large Sweet Potato
    1 medium Carrot
    1 Red Bell Pepper
    2 large Red Beets
    2 Golden Delicious Apples
    1 Orange, optional

Calories: 436
    Protein: 9 g
    Fiber: 2 g
    [/quote]

I juiced a red bell pepper one time during my 30 day juice fast about 3 years ago and I burped up bell pepper for the rest of the day. I still have a hard time eating them raw and it's been years. Try adding some green (kale, swiss chard) that's heartier than spinach and see how it tastes.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    so i have a question. my husband and i are starting this next Monday, Aug. 8. it will be easier for me to do since i stay at home with the kids. but he works, so we're wondering how on earth he's supposed to make enough juice for his meals at work? what do you all do that work outside of the home? any help or suggestions would be appreciated! thanks!

When I did a 30-day juice fast a few years ago I stored the juice in mason jars. I purchased 12oz ones (your hubby would probably need 16oz) and would juice every morning. They seal nicely and the glass doesnt change the flavor of the juice or discolor like a plastic container would. I'd put the jars in an insulated bag with a couple of ice packs and you're good to go. You can even freeze juice in ice cube trays and pop those in the jars with the juice to keep it cold.
  • Reliant1864
    Options
    Hey Guys,

This is my first post, I have read this entire thread front to back. It all started from watching the movie.

For me it is not all about losing weight its about feeling good and changing my life.

When I get home from work I fell like crap. All I want to do is sit and watch tv and not do anything. At this point everything suffers from things around the house to my family and my son.

I have started juicing over the weekend to get the hang of it. I wanted to buy a Breville BJE510XL Ikon but it seemed to be sold out even on Breville's website! I got lucky though I found a floor model what was brand new with all the pieces. I talked with the manager and got it down to 180 from 200 and then used my 20% coupon to bring it to about 150 with taxes!!!

It is a really nice unit with 5 speeds, I am also impressed with how quiet the unit is. Clean up takes a bit of time but its easy.

I went to the store and bought kale, cucumbers, carrots, celery, green peppers, beets, broccoli and tomatoes.
    For fruit i bought oranges, green apples, plums, pears, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple.

Am I missing anything?

I started today and I am starting to feel the effects all ready. I feel moody, slow and HUNGRY!!!.

Also I tried mustard greens and beets... yuck... way to bitter.

The problem is I dont know how much juice I should have. I was thinking.

1 16oz of fruit in the morning
    1 16oz veggie lunch
    1 16oz veggie snack
    1 16oz veggie dinner.

Is that enough?

I also read here about coconut water and nuts. Should I add them to my juice diet also?

I guess my sugarless chewing gum is out too eh?

Anyway it is good to be aboard and I think I am in for a wild ride.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    As far as the amount of juice that sounds about right compared to what most people on this site are doing. One thing I learned is when my drink doesn't come out tasting to great if I add a splash of lime juice it instantly tastes better. Another MFPer did mention to me to watch the acidity of the drinks you are making as we should be keeping the diet more alkaline, but if it's going to be a waste and something like lime juice will make it pallatable then I say go for it. :)

Don't let the mustard greens and beets concoction keep you from trying those veggies again. Maybe just do them seperately. I frequently use all the greens I can get my hands on. Kale, Collard greens, Turnip greens, and mustard greens. I usually mix them with carrots, celery, cucumber, ginger root, and one or two apples.

I don't see ginger root on your list of ingredients. It's not too expensive and a little goes a LONG way!

As far as the coconut water and nuts. If you are striclty juicing then the coconut would be fine, but I would leave the nuts out until you go back to a solid meal plan. It really is up to you though. There is no right or wrong answer... you can play with things and see what works best for you!

Add me if you want to talk about juicing. I am on day 6! :)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Starting tomorrow! So excited!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Starting tomorrow! So excited!

Good luck!!!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Tried it, lasted 4 days and then my skin got rough red patches and now it's peeling...be careful if you have dry skin like I do. As for the rest, it felt good :)