New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @hgycta - That Quest pizza is 11oz, so I'm guessing it's meant to be shared. I'm thinking the entire thing will be around 800 cals, which could still be a "personal pizza."
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Wish these would go on sale kwqzxb6x3kpp.jpeg
    I’ve been eyeing them for weeks lol.

I also ordered some vitafiber to make my own quest bars. Going to make one with chocolate covered Oreo thins broken in, one with pretzels and chocolate chips, one with pistachio and chocolate chip, and one with pistachio cranberry cashew chocolate chip trail mix pack added ! All using chocolate protein powder as base.

If it works out well I might need to get some and make some cotton candy bars for myself o:

I made them with the cotton candy extract few years ago ! I can’t rememebr if I posted on here but they came out pretty good but needed some tweaking and I was too lazy to experiment lol. The extract wasn’t very cotton candy flavored so that ruined it.

But vitafiber had a 50 percent off order code so I went for it. Also because I miss my quest bars (if you remember my 4-5bar a day addiction LOL) and since the formula change I can only have one at a time and not every day.

I remember! You used LorAnn’s cotton candy extract, which I went out to see if I might like it and I hated it, it tasted like bubble gum. So I went out on a mission and found Capella’s cotton candy extract which is SOOOO much better! How did you get 50% off the vitafiber???

So I went to Walmart and they had the meat lovers and the veggie lovers Sweet Earth Pizzas! 240 calories a serving for veggie one and 3 servings per container which isn’t bad, the thing is a lot bigger than I was expecting (I thought it would be personal pan or something)! Review to come when I try it (maybe tomorrow)!
    72rxoli6335f.jpeg
    imu3fa309keh.jpeg

I also found some other goodies, but I didn’t get the oatmeals because usually they wind up sitting around the house, but I know some of you here like them! No cold stone cereal yet :(
    m30dbkeb3otj.jpeg
    im67maczhcpz.jpeg
    l8uofo07yjav.jpeg
    It won’t upload but there’s also birthday cake surprise and raspberry peach

Im so jealous you found the pizza
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »

I also ordered some vitafiber to make my own quest bars. Going to make one with chocolate covered Oreo thins broken in, one with pretzels and chocolate chips, one with pistachio and chocolate chip, and one with pistachio cranberry cashew chocolate chip trail mix pack added ! All using chocolate protein powder as base.

If it works out well I might need to get some and make some cotton candy bars for myself o:

I made them with the cotton candy extract few years ago ! I can’t rememebr if I posted on here but they came out pretty good but needed some tweaking and I was too lazy to experiment lol. The extract wasn’t very cotton candy flavored so that ruined it.

But vitafiber had a 50 percent off order code so I went for it. Also because I miss my quest bars (if you remember my 4-5bar a day addiction LOL) and since the formula change I can only have one at a time and not every day.

I remember! You used LorAnn’s cotton candy extract, which I went out to see if I might like it and I hated it, it tasted like bubble gum. So I went out on a mission and found Capella’s cotton candy extract which is SOOOO much better! How did you get 50% off the vitafiber???

So I went to Walmart and they had the meat lovers and the veggie lovers Sweet Earth Pizzas! 240 calories a serving for veggie one and 3 servings per container which isn’t bad, the thing is a lot bigger than I was expecting (I thought it would be personal pan or something)! Review to come when I try it (maybe tomorrow)!
    72rxoli6335f.jpeg
    imu3fa309keh.jpeg

I also found some other goodies, but I didn’t get the oatmeals because usually they wind up sitting around the house, but I know some of you here like them! No cold stone cereal yet :(
    m30dbkeb3otj.jpeg
    im67maczhcpz.jpeg
    l8uofo07yjav.jpeg

It wasn’t with the other frozen pizzas, they had it hidden on the very end with the Amy’s natural foods personal frozen entrees! I almost stopped looking but my gut told me to check with those, since they throw all their vegan/paleo/natural stuff there. Hopefully you find it soon!
  • vnb_208
    Options

72rxoli6335f.jpeg
    imu3fa309keh.jpeg

m30dbkeb3otj.jpeg
    im67maczhcpz.jpeg
    l8uofo07yjav.jpeg

It wasn’t with the other frozen pizzas, they had it hidden on the very end with the Amy’s natural foods personal frozen entrees! I almost stopped looking but my gut told me to check with those, since they throw all their vegan/paleo/natural stuff there. Hopefully you find it soon!

I checked online only i havent gone in my local walmarr since its sort of a drive
  • hgycta
    Options
    As much as I wanted to love this I don’t. I LOVE PF Chang’s but this was way too salty and actually had too much mushroom flavor for me, which normally isn’t something I complain about. It’s horrendous looking before you stir it. The noodles are a little weird feeling and I can taste ginger more in this than when I eat there, which ginger ruins everything for me. The pork crumbles are pathetic, plentiful but doesn’t taste or feel like real meat to me. Won’t get again!
    3cyp0egq8vmo.jpeg
    n04oe0eraljx.jpeg
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Man that PF chang looks nothing like the box picture 😧, bummer!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You guys may not believe it - but the cookies and cream rice krispie treats are on sale at my local dollar store. There are like 3 pieces in the package for the dollar.
  • hgycta
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hm, so I just noticed that Sweet Earth's website says the Veggie Lover's pizza has 200 calories for 145g, but the package says 240 calories for 145g. I trust the package more than the website, but I just think that's weird since they're so new and you'd think the website would be right. I wonder if the other flavors are wrong too on the website?
    5i7csxlxghnq.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    You guys may not believe it - but the cookies and cream rice krispie treats are on sale at my local dollar store. There are like 3 pieces in the package for the dollar.

Yup mine too i bought my daughter some last week
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Wow thanks for heads up ! How are they ?

@hgycta you need to try making them with the good cotton candy extract once I perfect ratio. It’s hard to get texture right when you make on your own and find best add in between almond flour vs nuts etc. I got coupon by emailing them to ask for discount!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I got my Nush cakes (cherry almond and pineapple mango). They were not good. I couldn't even taste pineapple mango at all. It was just some bland cake thing. Not getting more.
  • vnb_208
    edited July 2018
    Options

Wow thanks for heads up ! How are they ?

@hgycta you need to try making them with the good cotton candy extract once I perfect ratio. It’s hard to get texture right when you make on your own and find best add in between almond flour vs nuts etc. I got coupon by emailing them to ask for discount!

I didnt try them I dont like rice crispies or marshmallows but my daughter loved them
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    These aren’t really new or special but I bought to add to my homemade bars when I make and they are only 17 calories per cookie. They are pretty good. I always like the seasonal chocolate covered Oreos so these remind me of those on a mini scale lol. 8clitsb2vo0a.jpeg
    igjjbey2gtuf.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    Options
    Maybe my taste buds are different because i love the nush carrot cake idk which I like more banana blueberru or carrot
  • hgycta
    Options
    I was really hoping Wegmans would have the new Peet’s bottled espresso drinks (they didn’t) but I did see this.
    I would have tried it, but after my experiences with their breakfast pizza I really don’t want them to ruin enchiladas for me, too >~> I’m definitely going to wait for a review from someone here before I try it!
    jdu9tx07qdf4.jpeg
  • sara4220
    sara4220 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Costco has some healthy peanut butter cups that are made with almond butter and Dark Chocolate. I have a huge sweet tooth so healthy sweets always catch my eye :smile:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    041.jpg

@Noreenmarie1234 I saw this when I was at Ollie's & thought of you because of the butterscotch.

TCHO_wrap_FNL_Snickerdoodle_600x600.jpg?v=1522810500

Doesn't taste overly like a snicker-doodle cookie, but it definitely has the hints of cinnamon that complement the bar fairly well.

I looked at my Walmart for the Sweet Earth pizza but of course that location doesn't carry it. I'll have to look up & see which stores around me carry it.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Also some more random stuff. Anyone tried the new Airheads or Project 7?

aopjr2xihaqp.jpg
    t6wva398hwv8.jpg

Looks like NUGO is taking on RxBar with these...

6183tiqoqnjy.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sweet Earth’s pizza is pretty good, 480 calories and I got to eat practically almost all of it!!! The crust is world’s better than the cauliflower crust, and without a doubt this beats the real good foods pizza since it’s not chicken pretending to be crust. However, not a ton of protein (my fault for getting veggie lover’s) and the toppings are pretty mushy. I normally love veggie pizza but this one fell short of being that flavorful pie I know and love. I truly think the toppings are what ruined it for me, they should not have used corn and Brussels sprouts because the taste/texture of those weren’t good, but they should have used more peppers and maybe olives. Also, the crust itself left a slightly weird aftertaste. This all being said, I’ve NEVER had vegan pizza before! As a regular pizza it gets a 6/10, but for vegan pizza probably a 9/10! Not too much cheese but the cheese was really creamy and flavorful, probably the best part honestly (and it’s vegans cheese?!) Normally like $6, but I might get it again to try the “meat” version since I remember trying their seitan bacon and liking it before!
    wg2643t4jpql.jpeg

myuo6luih7qk.jpeg
    9jsqtg8h63e7.jpeg