What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    ryenday wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    When you drop sizes it's hard to believe it's real. Those size 4's I tried on last week? Nope, not a fluke in manufacturing. I've tried on 3 more pairs at 3 different stores. Turns out I'm really a size 4! I've done this with dresses and other things too. It takes 3-4 different stores and brands before I believe it to be true.

And now for an off the track, but kind of still on subject thing...

What I call the "forearm hack" is proving to be true as I lose weight too.
    An Explanation: To see if a pair of pants are going to be worth trying on, instead of putting it in front of yourself and wrapping around your hips ; You make a fist with the dominant hand, and place your forearm and elbow into the waistline. If it fits your arm, it should fit your waist. I had a coworker show me this one time. I thought it was bull crap at first, but lo and behold it has held true since I first tried it for myself years ago. Even as I have dropped sizes. Even as I have been the same weight but a bigger size. Apparently, your forearm and elbow carry the same body fat percentage as your hips?? Has anyone else tried this I wonder?? I have always wondered if it's one of those weird universal wierd body things, or if it works for some but not all.

Not Universal, unfortunately. Way off for my pants. That is far too big for my waist and too tight ( even for stretch material) for my hips.

Try on JLo brand. I'm Latina and have the same issue - itty bitty waist, big butt. They are cut for more room on the butt and a narrower waist (I can usually find them at Kohl's so they are not expensive). Also, I reaort to a size up in "midrise" that tend to sit on my hips.

Well, that was a bust. I don’t think I’ve ever looked worse in pants, lol. They may have some booty room but they seemed to be made for stick thin legs - so my legs looked like stuffed sausage casings and the waist still was many inches too big.

What nobody told me about losing weight: it can be depressing to realize that slimmer or not, your body type proportions generally stay the same (so in my case just not ever be able to find off the rack clothes -pants- that will fit).

And that I’d find myself buying dresses (I never used to wear dresses) because they fit and flatter my body and now that I’m slimmer I want to look my best!

Oh no not the stuffed sausage casings, I know that problem! I lovingly refer to my legs as nice meaty soccer thighs and calves. Some skinny jeans I can't get on because my calves are too big apparently. Another reason I end up wearing leggings all the time. All the room for my calves and thighs!
  • Layd33di
    Layd33di Posts: 10 Member
    misjent wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

So glad you said this! I kind of thought it was just me! But yeah...it is horrible!

Really!? Why is this!?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!