JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Challenges:
    July 1: Water :) ; Walk :/ (storming outside!); mindful eating :) ; planning :) ---- my planning for the next 3 days will be to just eat as healthy as I can! We are traveling tomorrow to see our son in Michigan - a 8 hr car ride. We tend to stop at McDonalds a lot, so I know I can find things low calorie. My problem will be the rest of the 3 days we are there. But .... even though I can't plan ahead as far as "what" I will eat, I can plan ahead to make wise choices.

July 2-5 --- Water :) ; walk (worked out on the farm alot, so I'm sure I got this in! :) mindful eating :) YES - well, as much as I could; planning :/ - no way, but I was very careful as to my choices!

July 6 Water :) (up to 7 glasses so far, plan on 2 more tonite; walk :) - I didn't get outside walking, but mall walking with my daughter; mindful eating :) Wanted to grab some ice cream this afternoon, but looked at the orange I had written down, and had frozen grapes instead; plan ahead :) Day is all planned for tomorrow (leftover chic burrittos).

July 7: Water :) walk :) (actually mowing grass); mindful eating :/ ended up eating too many cheese and crackers, and then gave in to a bowl of ice cream tonite; planning :) (I have my menu written down for tomorrow)

July 8 & 9 - water :/ ; walk :) mindful eating :/ planning :/
    july 10, 11 -water :/ ; wal :/ mindful eating :/ planning :/
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So we all know I'm way off track again.
    So I've devised a 1 week plan (in 2 parts) to get me back on track!

1 Week Plan (part 1, Wed-Fri)

Wednesday

- Drink 8 glasses of water ❎ Total bust of a day, don't even want to get into it.

!

F?!K today. Try again tomorrow

I'm right with there Bex! Water is my biggest struggle. OK, lets make a pact! We have to drink 8 glasses of water before we go to bed!! (even if it means gulping down 6 glasses before bed ... and being up all nite :p

You cheater! It's 9pm here!!!
    I'm watching the football! Does beer count haha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I'm trying to find my post from last nite ... and realized I didn't even get on here!

Another crazy day... I think I am losing it guys :'( Our daughter again had her toilet overflow, but this time, at least she remembered how to shut off the water before it got so bad as to run downstairs.

She is afraid to move to a ground floor apartment, so that is not a option. But my husband and I both worry that the day is coming where she is unable to live alone. There are no easy options. We can hire a place that takes her disability money, and finds her a apartment, and they will give her a caseworker, and check on her once a week. But that makes me nervous ... because these places are all downtown - a good 30 minute drive from us. And once a week is not enough for someone to check on her. She comes out to our house everynite ... we are her only friends, and only stabilizing force. She lives just 2 miles from us, so that is a plus. I am kinda like her caseworker - I count out her pills, see to whatever she needs. But ... it is exhausting, emotionally mostly. I know when we are gone she will need this, but we have to get her to agree, something she does not do.

So we are just taking this, like everything else in life , one day at a time.

But as far as my diet ....I'm not so good. Its like I am burning out, and just don't care. But ... I DO care.
    So here goes .... another day. If I can just keep from gaining, right now, I consider that a win. I lost 27 pounds since January 2107 ... so I have to remember that. Those last 10-15 pounds will eventually come off.. but the key is not to regain.

JFT, THursday

DO THE BASICS:
    1. DRINK WATER
    2. EAT PROTEIN
    3. EAT PLANTS - veggies, fruits
    4. EXERCISE
    5. PLAN AHEAD

You do so much for your daughter, I never really knew what her condition was but had a little read and it's no wonder you find it hard.
    Whats making everything overflow? Is it something your daughters doing or something wrong with the plumbing?

You do so muhh for her, I wish I could care for my Partner in the same Way! Hard when I have the kids to look after too!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options

Wednesday

- Drink 8 glasses of water ❎ Total bust of a day, don't even want to get into it.

!

I'm right with there Bex! Water is my biggest struggle. OK, lets make a pact! We have to drink 8 glasses of water before we go to bed!! (even if it means gulping down 6 glasses before bed ... and being up all nite :p

I personally find if I haven't had at least two cups of water by noon, I am struggling the rest of the day to get it in. I find when I drink those first two cups it makes me thirsty for more. I used bottles of water 500ml, so I have my morning coffee finished around 9-930, by 1000 I have my first bottle opened and ready to start drinking. I don't like warm water at all so I tend to get going drinking it within an hour. I then have one with lunch and usually have one on the drive home. At home I have one with supper and then one after supper, sometimes two if it's particularly hot and I have been exercising. I find if I don't have any by noon though, I just don't want it and don't feel thirsty, it's really strange.
  • Bex953172
    Options

Wednesday

!

I personally find if I haven't had at least two cups of water by noon, I am struggling the rest of the day to get it in. I find when I drink those first two cups it makes me thirsty for more. I used bottles of water 500ml, so I have my morning coffee finished around 9-930, by 1000 I have my first bottle opened and ready to start drinking. I don't like warm water at all so I tend to get going drinking it within an hour. I then have one with lunch and usually have one on the drive home. At home I have one with supper and then one after supper, sometimes two if it's particularly hot and I have been exercising. I find if I don't have any by noon though, I just don't want it and don't feel thirsty, it's really strange.

Totally agree, if I don't have any around noon is then its just hard to catch up, but like you if I have a couple in the morning I'm very likely to reach 8 by the evening!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    My daughter had her engagement pictures taken on Sunday. I waited “patiently” all day yesterday for the photographer to post her sneak peeks. g7p9v1uyazwf.jpeg
    7ukbbwby5jiq.jpeg

Beautiful pictures!!! Your daughter is just glowing, and looks so very happy! I'm sure you are so proud of her! Thank you for sharing such a happy moment.

She is over the moon, these were taken on their 9th dating anniversary. By their 10th they will be married for 2 days. Her photographer's partner is starting a videography business and asked permission to video their photoshoot using a drone and regular camera. She sent me the You tube link to that today, I have to say I cried these pictures are just the tip of the iceberg.
  • mytime6630
    Options

Wednesday

!

You cheater! It's 9pm here!!!
    I'm watching the football! Does beer count haha

Yes, beer counts :D:D Does that mean I can have 7 beers tonite LOL!! Well... not really! Drink up that water!!!!
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Goals for today: (It's another work day, so my goals will be pretty much the same. Keep in mind I work from 7 pm to 7 am. So, I'm at work all night and sleep all day.)
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacks from work
    Make dinner for me and my husband

Keep on keeping on!!

You work the same hours as my dil who is an ER nurse. I don't know how y'all do it! Do you keep to the same schedule even on your days off? She pretty much does or else she is wonky all week.

Great job on your goals--- you might try setting your bottle in a colorful koozie so it gets your attention? We try all kinds of tricks to get our water amounts in, lol!

Peace and joy.

I work different nights each week, but I get to choose them for the most part. So, I am able to make my work week work for me. :) And, thankfully, I love my job, which really helps with the wonky schedule. I like the colorful koozie idea, that is cute!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find my post from last nite ... and realized I didn't even get on here!

Another crazy day... I think I am losing it guys :'( Our daughter again had her toilet overflow, but this time, at least she remembered how to shut off the water before it got so bad as to run downstairs.

She is afraid to move to a ground floor apartment, so that is not a option. But my husband and I both worry that the day is coming where she is unable to live alone. There are no easy options. We can hire a place that takes her disability money, and finds her a apartment, and they will give her a caseworker, and check on her once a week. But that makes me nervous ... because these places are all downtown - a good 30 minute drive from us. And once a week is not enough for someone to check on her. She comes out to our house everynite ... we are her only friends, and only stabilizing force. She lives just 2 miles from us, so that is a plus. I am kinda like her caseworker - I count out her pills, see to whatever she needs. But ... it is exhausting, emotionally mostly. I know when we are gone she will need this, but we have to get her to agree, something she does not do.

Could you get her a case manager or skills worker? Most of the time they only connect weekly or a few times per month as needed (sometimes more at the start). They could help with daily skills and housing if it comes to that. There are also housing options that are semi-independent, and much less structured than a group home. Just a few ideas I thought I would share. Always depends on the region and what's available.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Quick check in today-I slept funny and have not been able to turn my head to the left all day due to the crick in my neck. Somewhat comical except for the pain when I forget. Ah well, I've been working out a ton and my first injury is due to sleeping weird-go figure :D

For today:
    House chore-nope cuz it's floors and my neck won't allow it, did some tidying instead
    30 minutes exercise-try out my new tank! ✅
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Add one page to bullet journal :(
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Add one page to bullet journal
    Set weekend plans including 1-month reward!!!
    DISHES
    Post here for accountability
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Read about others not hitting water goals - must have been a day for it yesterday as I was the same!

We had our class end of year event, which is a huge thing where all the parents come to see the work the children have done this term. The topic is all about plant growing, food and commerce. So I was crazy busy hanging artwork, setting up displays, hauling tables, making fruit kebabs with the children. It went really well but I didn’t have a second to stop. Didn’t drink enough and ended up grazing on a lot of leftover fruit in place of eating a proper lunch. Still well within calorie goal due to a load of activity but I felt rough by the time I got home.

Then last night I watched the very stressful England World Cup match and was so tired by the end of it I forgot to get on here and update. Anyway, all caught up now and pre-logged for today (July challenge). Making sure there’s plenty of protein and not just a load of fruit!!

Recap Goals for Wednesday
    - morning workout ✅
    - Extra early to work for event ✅
    - April challenge
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ so pleased I didn’t cave to this despite work exhaustion and late night
    - July challenge ✅
    - leave at a sensible hour ✅
    - Rest! :D the football made my evening non restful...

Today I’m up too early again - not sure what is wrong with me but I’m waking practically in the middle of the night. I find it easier just to get up and do (quiet) chores or life admin but I know this isn’t really sustainable. I’m averaging about 4 hours sleep a night. Hoping I can re-set my body on holiday soon.

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Sort cab for taking kitten to vet
    - Send email authorising B to sign paperwork for kitten
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge ✅
    - Early night (non negotiable!!)

Have a good Thursday all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Just for Wednesday: (7/11):
    Log every bite
    Stay in the green
    July budget & bills Part 2
    Spend at least one hour studying for exams
    Finish top of quilt and pin it
    1 lb veggies and 2 svgs fruit
    Dust off Beck's Diet Solution and get through Day1
    Uplug at 9:00 and read. Lights out at 10:00.

I went to see the Orthopedic surgeon today for the hip pain. I now have an appointment next week to see a Pain & Spine doctor and get an MRI. Ortho thinks I have two separate issues going and that both he and the Pain & Spine doctor may have to work together to try to get me walking better and with less pain. He thinks I have a labrum tear in my hip joint which he can operate on, but he also thinks I have a pinched nerve by my lumbar spine which is affecting the muscles in my left leg and causing muscle wasting. I'm not gonna lie. I felt defeated when I left. I drove to a parking lot, parked my car, called my husband and cried. I'm trying so hard to get healthy. But like my husband said...we can get through anything together, and he says I beat cancer and this isn't cancer, so we got this. I sure hope he's right. I'm feeling really discouraged today.

Just For Thursday
    • Log every bite
    • Stay in the green
    • Drive to southern WI clinic to shadow
    • Stay calm in the stressful situations I will be in at work tomorrow
    • Remember to smile
    • Drink lots of water
    • Spend time thinking about the things causing trouble at home. Can I change any of it? If so, what I can do to change it? and if I can't...how do we come to terms or put it behind us and move forward?

July 1: Water :star: / Walk/Move :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 2: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :(
    July 3: Water :( / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :( [/quote]
    July 4: Water :naughty: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star: [/quote]
    July 5: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :naughty:
    July 6: Water :neutral: Not as much as I wanted but not bad / Walk :naughty: but to be fair, I had PT and was pretty sore / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 7: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating: :star: / Planning :star:
    July 8: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 9: Missed logging
    July 10: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / mindful eating / :neutral: / Planning :star:
    July 11: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful eating :naughty: / Planning :star:
    July 12: Water / Walk / Mindful Eating / Planning

[/quote]
    Hugs to you :)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday: (7/11):
    Log every bite
    Stay in the green
    July budget & bills Part 2
    Spend at least one hour studying for exams
    Finish top of quilt and pin it
    1 lb veggies and 2 svgs fruit
    Dust off Beck's Diet Solution and get through Day1
    Uplug at 9:00 and read. Lights out at 10:00.

I went to see the Orthopedic surgeon today for the hip pain. I now have an appointment next week to see a Pain & Spine doctor and get an MRI. Ortho thinks I have two separate issues going and that both he and the Pain & Spine doctor may have to work together to try to get me walking better and with less pain. He thinks I have a labrum tear in my hip joint which he can operate on, but he also thinks I have a pinched nerve by my lumbar spine which is affecting the muscles in my left leg and causing muscle wasting. I'm not gonna lie. I felt defeated when I left. I drove to a parking lot, parked my car, called my husband and cried. I'm trying so hard to get healthy. But like my husband said...we can get through anything together, and he says I beat cancer and this isn't cancer, so we got this. I sure hope he's right. I'm feeling really discouraged today.

So sorry you're feeling this way and going through this.

• mytime6630
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Challenges:
    July 1: Water :) ; Walk :/ (storming outside!); mindful eating :) ; planning :) ---- my planning for the next 3 days will be to just eat as healthy as I can! We are traveling tomorrow to see our son in Michigan - a 8 hr car ride. We tend to stop at McDonalds a lot, so I know I can find things low calorie. My problem will be the rest of the 3 days we are there. But .... even though I can't plan ahead as far as "what" I will eat, I can plan ahead to make wise choices.

July 2-5 --- Water :) ; walk (worked out on the farm alot, so I'm sure I got this in! :) mindful eating :) YES - well, as much as I could; planning :/ - no way, but I was very careful as to my choices!

July 6 Water :) (up to 7 glasses so far, plan on 2 more tonite; walk :) - I didn't get outside walking, but mall walking with my daughter; mindful eating :) Wanted to grab some ice cream this afternoon, but looked at the orange I had written down, and had frozen grapes instead; plan ahead :) Day is all planned for tomorrow (leftover chic burrittos).

July 7: Water :) walk :) (actually mowing grass); mindful eating :/ ended up eating too many cheese and crackers, and then gave in to a bowl of ice cream tonite; planning :) (I have my menu written down for tomorrow)

July 8 & 9 - water :/ ; walk :) mindful eating :/ planning :/
    july 10 -water :/ ; wal :/ mindful eating :/ planning :/
    July 11 water :) walk :) (does walking in the mall count again!) mindful eating :) planning :) Dinner is all planned for tomorrow!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    So, yeah, is this the thread where we are all talking about drinking water? Because I'm seriously out of step with the water consumption since I started my job. The siren call of the vending machine and a limitless supply of soda when I'm feeling a bit tired is pretty tough to resist. Plus I don't have a company compliant water bottle yet. Will remedy that this weekend, but until then I need to get my glasses in before I go to work at 3, I think.

Today's wrap up:

1. Eat only when hungry. :) Did really well with this today. I had planned a bigger meal for dinner, but I wasn't hungry for it, so I stopped.
    2. Log everything I eat and stay under calorie goal. :)
    3. Drink 64 oz of water before indulging in soda. :(
    4. Plan next week's eating and make a grocery list. :) Working on it now and will get it done and then reward myself with my guilty pleasure...General Hospital.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So, yeah, is this the thread where we are all talking about drinking water? Because I'm seriously out of step with the water consumption since I started my job. The siren call of the vending machine and a limitless supply of soda when I'm feeling a bit tired is pretty tough to resist. Plus I don't have a company compliant water bottle yet. Will remedy that this weekend, but until then I need to get my glasses in before I go to work at 3, I think.

Today's wrap up:

1. Eat only when hungry. :) Did really well with this today. I had planned a bigger meal for dinner, but I wasn't hungry for it, so I stopped.
    4. Plan next week's eating and make a grocery list. :) Working on it now and will get it done and then reward myself with my guilty pleasure...General Hospital.

A company compliant water bottle? I have never heard such a thing. Why would it have to be a specific one?
  • mytime6630
    edited July 2018
    Options
    JFT, weds

DO THE BASICS:
    1. DRINK WATER :) YAH! Made it to my 8 glasses today
    2. EAT PROTEIN :) Protein shake for lunch, and bbq pork for dinner. (Dinner is SO much easier when planned ahead and in the crockpot!
    3. EAT PLANTS - veggies, fruits :)
    4. EXERCISE :) Went for a 45 minute walk with a friend -- therapy time, plus exercise. Just what was needed today
    5. PLAN AHEAD :) While watching "my 600 lb weight loss, looked through a new cookbook I got .... lots of new recipes to try, all under 400 calories

Today was much better. I was tired, but concentrated on water instead of food. Tonite, my daughter came out ... went to the bookstore so she got some new books, then stopped and bought her a few new tops.

I was watching the show "My 600 pound Life", and one of the ladies was in therapy --- talking about emotional eating. This is a struggle for me as well ... emotional eating. So many of you ask how to handle large parties, BBQ, etc. These are never a problem for me. .... I do well for meals... and when eating in public. My problem is, and has always been, eating in private when I am emotionally stressed.

On tonite show, the therapist told the girl to not let the "mean voice" come out. You know ... that voice that tells you that you will fail, that you won't ever lose the weight, that you need this food to cope.
    We need to use the "nice, kind voice". The loving voice that gives us confidence that we can handle any problem, without food. That we CAN lose the weight, and reach our goals. And if we have a bad day, thats OK. We can still lose the weight.
    So I am going to try and get rid of that mean voice, and replace it with that kind, loving voice!

SO JFT, Thursday
    1. log all food
    2. Drink water - april challenge
    3. go outside for a walk, or go to the gym
    4. eat protein
    5. eat plants
    6. plan ahead
    7. mindful eating

• nickssweetheart
    Options

Today's wrap up:

A company compliant water bottle? I have never heard such a thing. Why would it have to be a specific one?

To protect the computer equipment it has to have a screw top instead of one that just pops off and on in case I knock it over. So anything from the vending machine is fine because they only vend bottles, no cans, but my old trusty plastic bottle doesn't meet the standard.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Check Skinnytaste.com for recipes. Feeling bored with our meals.

I love skinnytaste.com for recipes! Another favorite, where I always find good recipes, is Taste of Home.

You do so much for your daughter, I never really knew what her condition was but had a little read and it's no wonder you find it hard.
    Whats making everything overflow? Is it something your daughters doing or something wrong with the plumbing?

You do so muhh for her, I wish I could care for my Partner in the same Way! Hard when I have the kids to look after too!

Yes Bex, it is very hard. Schizoaffective is a mild case of schizophrenia, mixed with bipolar. So her thinking is very distorted - she trusts very few people, sometimes not even us, her parents (She thinks everyone wants to hurt her). The medication she is on is helping, but it is still hard. To ease her pain, she hurts herself (pulling out her hair, cutting herself, etc. ). So I always have to watch for signs of that. I think that is the hardest ... I love my daughter, and it just breaks my heart because this is not the life I wanted for her. She always wanted a family and a home, so she herself does not accept this... still hoping things will get better. But only meds can help with that. I know someday she will have to be where someone can watch her constantly, but we are trying to help her have as normal as a life as she can. But ... things could always be worse, and this is what I have to remember.