Fit For Future Families - August 2011

Options

Replies

• AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luki - welcome back!! Glad to have you back in the mix! I have a bunch of friends that are teachers and they are all dreading going back to work after having the summer off!

Karen - Any word? How'd it go? Ive got my fingers crossed for you!!

Pam - sorry to hear about the fight w your dad...family fights suck! My mom and I used to butt heads a lot and now we're closer than ever...hope things calm down and get resolved soon!

Emily - boo on unsupportive RL friends! I have a few friends who are also getting ready to start TTC so we're "racing" to see who gets preggo first! Hope she becomes more understanding and helpful once you do get preggo

Jalara - um did u miss the fact that I haven't "been w a man" for 7 months...that picture is like dangling a steak in front of a rabid dog! Haha

DC - as far as the job goes - why happens if the job falls thru (God forbid) and you've out TTC on hold for it...I'd just keep on keeping on and if you get preggo awesome, if not then you'll start the job THEN get preggo!

Kimberly - those look like great goals!!

Wait wait - how many Kim/Kimberly's do we have??? How are we supposed to decifer which responses go to who??

AFM - apparently this was a bad weigh in week for more than just me - I'm up 2.4 lbs but I was down 5lbs last week so im not too worried. I have two weeks left and I am doing really well and back on track (slipped up a few times last week).

Clomid question - I don't normally see a temp shift when I'm on the provera (progesteron to enduce AF) will I see a clear shift on the clomid showing I O'd? I assume so but it's been so king since Ive had a thermal shift I barely remember what one looks like!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    KimH-welcome!

Alisa-you are definitely not the only one having a bad weight week! I'm up 4lbs. Luckily it's not a normal weigh in day so we'll see thursday. Unfortunately, I have managed to eat WAY too much sodium! And I doubt she will be more supportive once I get pregnant, I thought she would be more supportive once we got married, but then trying for a baby came, so I bet that when the baby comes along her new battle will be the fact that I want to stay at home. UGH

Jalara-thanks for the pic! It's extra fuel for if things get boring ;)
  • e_amanda
    e_amanda Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am brand new, this is my first post on the MFP boards :)

Here is a little bit about me:

Name: Amanda
    Where you live: BC, Canada
    Job: Sales & Technical Support (desk job)
    Length of time on the board: brand new
    Marital Status: none
    Length of time you've been with SO: 10 years
    Do you have kids: a 3.5 year old DS
    Length of time TTC: 2 years (for #2 obviously), seeing an RE for close to a year
    Diagnosis: unexplained secondary infertility, lots of tests, lots of procedures, lots of BFN’s
    Do you chart your BBT: no
    Do you use OPKs: tried for a few months early on, never got a + since I apparently don't ovulate anymore
    Are you on any meds for TTC: have been on some combination of serophene, repronex, HCG trigger, prometrium, and estrace for 6 of the last 10 months
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 185 lbs
    Goal Weight: 160 lbs
    and finally......
    Weird Fact About Yourself: related to TTC - got pregnant the first month trying with DS, never even heard of secondary infertility until I had it!

So we're on a break from TTC with ART because I'm waiting to get in for diagnostic laparoscopy (sometime mid-September) and since I'm off the fertility meds for 3 months straight I wanted to take the opportunity to work on my weight. Before TTC, after losing the baby weight from DS I was at about 165 without really having to work at it, just eating sensibly, going for walks, bike rides, etc. recreationally with DS & SO. I probably should have been closer to 150 but was just busy with life and satisfied to at least have lost the baby weight and of course planned to get pregnant again in the not too distant future. Once I started ART my weight shot up. I've read these medications can cause 10-15 lbs in weight gain per month, so I guess I'm lucky to have only gained about 20-25 over the past 10 months, but I still feel unhealthy & unattractive and that is the last thing you need when your hormones are going crazy. I was a little lost on the IF forum I usually spend time on, since we were not actively cycling when I found a thread there about dieting and exercise while TTC. This site was referenced and as soon as I downloaded the app I was in love! I have a profile for me and just for fun started one for SO (who gets to eat a crazy amount of calories because his job is at the high end of the activity scale). I'm just discovering the boards today and am so excited to have found this group!

For the past few days I have been just tracking what I normally eat to see where I stand. I'm seem to be typically over my goal by a few hundred calories which is a little discouraging but it's so neat to see where it's all coming from and what I should obviously cut out (like today's timbits). Honestly, I don't want to make too many drastic changes to my diet. What I'd really like to do is get a better exercise program going. I walk with my DS regularly, but that is sporadic at best. You really can't get a good cardio work out going when you stop to look at worms on the sidewalk or airplanes flying in the sky every couple of minutes! We are planning to get a Wii system and the Wii Fit program. I have heard great things about it and it's something I can do in the mornings when SO has already gone to work, before I wake up DS to get ready for daycare, or at night after they’ve both gone to bed!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies- It is good to be back! Only bummer is I have major cramps today so although I know the gym would help, there is NO way!

Alisa- actually I'm excited to go back. I need the daily challenges and the routine in my life. It has taken me a bit longer to get excited because this new group of 7th graders are known to be "hellians", but I'm hopeful it will go well :o) I still have two weeks before I report back, but I need to go in this week and set up my classroom.

E-Amanda- WELCOME! I'm glad you found us. Very first post- whoohoo.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey all-- BFN. Totally. Gambled and the house won. Back to square one. I don't think we will fit a treatment cycle in this month--because of vacation times we might not be able to get to all the "appointments". I go back and forth between feeling numb, feeling okay, and feeling like I have a 50 lb weight sitting on my chest making it hard for me to breathe and squeezing tears out of my eyes. Today was an exhausting day for me anyways, without the BFN news. I think I'll just go to bed soon.

E-Amanda, welcome to the forums. Your story sounds remarkably like mine, except my DS is almost 3. We are working with an RE, but we only have a cycle or so left to try before our funds run out for treatment, since we are paying all out of pocket. How much do you gamble with odds of 15-20%? It just feels incredibly unfair. But, that's life, I guess. Isn't it a total double-whammy when you don't have ANY trouble the first time around, and then the second time you are like "what the heck is going on?!?"

Meanwhile, I"m going enjoy not having to take progesterone tonight, and figure out a plan to get off the 4-5 lbs that seem to have creeped back up on me in the last month or two. Here's hoping the motivation comes back with a hormone-free cycle. We'll see......
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Karen so sorry!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Karen I'm so sorry!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Very sorry, Karen.
  • datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi!, saw a link in another thread. I was diagnosed with PCOS early this year after Gyno suggested for years I might have it. Wasnt till my second D&C for heavy bleeding was I referred to an endocrinologist. The last 6 months have been getting regular (28-45 day cycle) compared to 2-3 month cycle. Lost close to 20lbs since January. Not sure if I am ovulating wanted to lose 30lbs and get my iron levels to normal before starting clomid. Working with a nutritionist, dont really have a goal weight so put what I weighed in college.
    Name: Neka
    Where you live: Dallas,TX
    Job: Government
    Length of time on the board: a few days :)
    Marital Status: Married 8 years
    Length of time you've been with SO: 10 years
    Do you have kids: No
    Length of time TTC: casually 4 years, 2 years charting
    Diagnosis: PCOS and high prolactin level/ irregular cycles
    Do you chart your BBT: Yes
    Do you use OPKs: Starting next cycle
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Metformin
    Height: 5'1
    Weight: 229
    Goal Weight:160
    and finally......
    Weird Fact About Yourself: Speed reader
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Thanks, Stephanie. Just wondering where the line was there.
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Sorry. Re-post. I hate it when my Internet acts up and everything posts twice!
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Here's my introduction.

Name: Simone
    Where you live: Janesville, WI
    Job: SAHM
    Length of time on the board: Since March
    Marital Status: Married for over 14.5 years
    Length of time you've been with SO: together over 19.5 years
    Do you have kids: 5 boys: Trent 17, Ty 15, Twins Peyton and Eli 5 and Lennox will be 2 September 8th
    Length of time TTC: Not currently trying, but will be in a year
    Diagnosis: n/a
    Do you chart your BBT: not at the moment, but I have since January 2008 until January 2009 as I got pregnant with Lennox in December 2008 and got my bfp at 11 dpo on New Year's Day 2009. I will chart again starting in May or June and see how my cycles are and if I am ovulating before we try in late Summer.
    Do you use OPKs: I did when i got pregnant in February 2011, but m/c'd only days after getting my bfp.
    Are you on any meds for TTC: n/a
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 272
    Goal Weight: 160 to start ttc and 140 ultimate goal
    and finally......
    Weird Fact About Yourself: I only wanted 2 children a boy and then a girl and next year I'll be trying for baby #6.
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    So sorry Karen.

Alisa - So exciting that you're getting to the end of deployment! My cousin is deployed right now and his wife is a good friend of mine, and I can see how much it hurts to be so far apart and with so much worry. I'm happy you guys got a chance to talk it all out, too. It's always nice to finally get things all out on the table.

Jalara - Definitely wait and weigh in later. That's kind of a huge jump for just one day, right? And yum yum regarding that pic.

Emily - I have friends like that too... Every time I start saying I might want to, they jump to ridicule and divorce statistics. All except one friend who tends to commiserate and then remind me why we are waiting... Though I am seriously beginning to rethink that right now. I'm sorry your friend is being such a drag. I mean, best friends are supposed to support. It's one thing to speak your mind (once) but another to be a jerk about it. :( No fun.

And good luck to everyone in the waiting time!

And cupcake - My fam is in southeast KY too. Super cool! :)
    AFM...

Last weeks goals MOSTLY went well. I definitely drank 64 oz or more of water every day and I did not drink soda at all... Oddly enough, it was the water drinking that helped with that... I was just never thirsty enough to want soda! But... not so great on the work outs. Only 2 out of 5. :( I stayed exactly the same weight, which was not so happy. Keeping on track last week was not easy. I was on my period, which means super intense chocolate cravings constantly for me... Which I didn't give into to my detriment TOO often. And then, we randomly have a friend visiting until Tuesday (he's been here since Friday) and he literally told me I should forget about my diet for a weekend (easy for him to say!). I didn't forget about it, but I haven't been as careful as I'd like.

So Goals for this week:
    Continue with the 64 oz of water each day.
    Continue no soda for at least 7 days (after today, because I let myself cheat for good behavior)
    4 workouts
    Get on prenatals

Also - darnit! I'm always the shortest person. :-/
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry Karen, take care of yourself x

Welcome new people.

BTW Alisa, not sure I told you that my SO os military too. He used to be sent on deployment a lot (one year he was only home three weeks out of the whole year) but now he has a job that means he can only come home at weekends which can be tough but much better. I remember how exciting it was looking forward to him coming back after Iraq, hope you have a fab reunion and it;s great that you got a chance to talk properly, it makes such a difference to dealing with being apart.

AFM started the prenatals yesterday and back on the exercise today after a week away and then a week of being sick
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Beth-Thanks for keeping up with posting your goals it always reminds me to post (or even come up with) mine. And thanks for the encouragment :)

Welcome to all the new people! I hope you find everyone here welcoming and find the support you need.

Kah- Hang in there! *hugs*

AFM-I THINK I am in my 2ww, but I'm going to keep trying just in case I miscalculated. I am very glad that I will be gone at childrens camp next week, that will keep me from going overboard with trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or not. Earlier this week I was feeling like this is the month, today not so much but I guess we shall see.

My goals for this week:
    Drink 64+ oz water
    NO fast food
    Get on prenatals (thanks Beth for that one!)
    Stretch nightly (I've been real bad about this one)
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So sorry Karen!!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Karen!! xo
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So I had one little progesterone suppository left from my prescription. I took it out side and smashed it with a hammer. Necessary? No. Cathartic? Totally. :smile:

Today I'm reminded of a quote that I picked up from a client of mine once upon a time. "It's not how fast you run or how high you jump, it's how well you bounce." I"m working on bouncing today. Hubs is making dinner, and I"m just working until I don't feel like it anymore. Nice perk of working for family.

We leave on Thursday for a family reunion at a state park--should be lots of fun. My biggest concern right now is that the prego cousin is going to be there (the one who was complaining about being pregnant a week or so ago, and I told her off in my head.) I'm just not sure how I"m going to handle it. Maybe it'll be fine--I have a few more days to distance myself from "the result". If not, I may just have to have a conversation with her and tell her what's up--I don't want her to think that I'm mad at her or something, because I'm not, but she might think so if I"m all short and clippy with her, because that's not who I usually am, ya know?

So, life goes on. I hugged my little boy a lot yesterday. And while I'd rather be pregnant--right now.... I'm really enjoying not having to take those suppositories anymore.

Happy bouncing everyone.
  • klmh614
    klmh614 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Just a little about myself

Name: Kristi
    Where you live: Louisville, KY
    Job: HR Assistant
    Length of time on the board: 2 days
    Marital Status: Married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 3 years
    Do you have kids: No
    Length of time TTC: 6 months
    Diagnosis: All tests came back fine. I was not having regular periods and/or ovulating
    Do you chart your BBT: No
    Do you use OPKs: Yes (2 months in a row with positive OPK's!!!)
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Femera and Metformin
    Height: 5'5''
    Weight: 223
    Goal Weight: 145

I am so glad to see that there are other ladies out there going through some of the same things!!
  • e_amanda
    e_amanda Posts: 19
    Options
    Karen, sorry to hear about your BFN. I love the progesterone smashing, lol! Good luck with your family reunion, hopefully the preggo cousin is not too obnoxious but if she is just keep on hugging your little one :)

I had a horrible food day yesterday! After SO and DS went to bed I had a really high calorie snack and blew my count for the day. By a LOT. The good thing was I felt like crap afterwards. I just have to remember that feeling next time I'm tempted. But, today is a new day and I'm looking around for some new healthy recipies to try out.