Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Julie you've done an outstanding job here. I feel like we are all a family, thanks to you. I will continue to say "hello and welcome" to the new people as I hope I always have done. I hope you continue to check in when you can!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    I agree @trishfit2014. Not drinking results in energy for fun stuff. I’m no good at visual arts or music, but I love the art of cooking. A few weeks ago the Great Courses folks offered a deal on a 24- episode video gourmet cooking course for download. Normally 200-something for $34. I’ve been cooking my way through those and have become a groupie of the CIA instructor (No, @norminv, he’s not a spy). I found a Thai market hidden in my small town and made Thai coconut soup to die for. I’d never bought galangal or kaffir lime leaves. Anyway, drinking me would not have that energy. Luckily cooking is not a drinking trigger for me. I know it is for some.

Here’s to energy!!

This reads like a James Patterson novel
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    OMG @norminv. You are hilarious. PS. The white dove flies at midnight.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    @ErynVee i can relate to your post. Try to be strong. I am so much happier and less stressed and anxious not drinking.

Thank you, Trish! I think not drinking is going to help me feel SO much better in the same ways!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    edited July 2018
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I’ve done horrible. And it’s already half of July 😪 I think one day I have not drank. I have made it a horrible habit. Well it’s never to late, right?!

Absolutely, right! :flowerforyou:
    You can do this.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    I’ve done horrible. And it’s already half of July 😪 I think one day I have not drank. I have made it a horrible habit. Well it’s never to late, right?!

Never ever too late. You already know it cause you said it. Not many things change overnight. One Day At A Time. Those words have been so important to me, and I’m pretty sure most of us.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    I had an extra night of drinks this weekend - it’s summer and I knew that would occasionally happen. Got free concert tickets and my wife was working in the city that day, so it worked out well to go meet her for dinner and drinks too. I must have ate well and kept up on water cause I had no hangover.
    My bummer is I just reached being down 25 lbs in 2018 and under 250 lbs for the first time in two years! Now i’m gonna have to work extra hard at the gym this week to stay there for this weeks weigh in.
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member

Some days it's one minute and one hour at a time. If you truly need help with stopping drinking please let me know and I'll be happy to help you find help in your area. I've been sober since 08/13/12, I was 39 years old when I had what I pray is my last drink.

I can tell you you'll have more fun in life with out drinking and yes it is socially acceptable to drink but it's also socially acceptable to be sober. I have more fun drinking water than I ever did drinking alcohol