July Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. July 13th
    I am listening to "You Are a Badass: How to stop doubting your greatness and start living a awesome life" by Jen Sincero.

This book is all about learning to take care of yourself and becoming the person you are meant to be." If you haven't read/listened to this book, it is amazing.

So for today, I listened to this book on my walk. Later today, I am going to color a beautiful picture.

Juliana.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    What is a triple wrap bracelet?!! That sound so fun...and I have some beads!

Here's a link to a DIY on one : http://blog.consumercrafts.com/jewelry-main/beaded-diy-wrap-bracelet/

And, if you do a google search on - how to make triple wrap bracelets - there are vids.

Thank you @allison8668 for this link @ the video!!
    Looks super fun & relaxing!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @Orphia
    I’m read your blog, too! Really wonderful & I agree your writing has a wonderful glow to it!

What made you decide to create a blog? :)
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym for weights which has gone by the wayside
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia
    I’m read your blog, too! Really wonderful & I agree your writing has a wonderful glow to it!

What made you decide to create a blog? :)

@MadisonMolly2017 Thank you! x

An old friend told me I should write about how I'd lost weight, become a runner, etc.

So I started saving posts I've made in forums here and elsewhere, and added to them as I made more posts.

At first it was a jumble of short snippets, that I kept adding to and sorting gradually.

Bit by bit, I started saving Word documents on different topics.

When I had 5 or 6, and more in progress, I set up the site, added half a dozen posts, and announced it, last month.
  • Orphia
    Options
    On self-care:

I had a great sleep last night.

Sometimes, something we can do is actually NOT DO any more stuff, and just go to bed. :smile:
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Self Care can mean so many different things to different people. Amazing and great reading what it means to so many. For me, have done searching on site to see what others did when they got calluses on bottom of there feet from walking. I have really started to get more serious about walking, and enjoy it. So now having a few really good ideas on how to help myself regarding the calluses on bottom of one foot. I can start making the callus go away.

Next week self care dedicated to learning more about Yoga.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    July 13
    Relaxed and read, watched part of a movie. Made a very gorgeous salad! Weather is a bit cooler!!

I’m really taking care of myself!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Colored in Jess Volinski's "Positive Inspirations". I'm working on a floral picture with the words "Give Thanks".

Browsed an old issue of Flow Magazine. 🌼
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @SaraKim17 FLOW!!!! Yesss!

The name of my coloring book is: Enchanted Forest” by Johanna Basford

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Today, I went to the market/flea and bought some candles, a giant chocolate chip cookie, a pretty dress and some body lotion. It's an upscale flea with artists and natural products sold. I went with my daughter.

Then, I bought her an inkjet printer; she's a young artist (age 17) and needs one for transfers to make t-shirts. She's my inspiration to take time to do crafts and painting.
    @SaraKim17 I used to love browsing magazines. Thanks for the reminder. I think I'll stop always going on my ipad and wasting time and get back to reading more.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, I've seen "Enchanted Forest"; it's beautiful. :)

@JulieAL1969, I realize I spend too much time on my Kindle these days. It was nice looking at a "real" magazine, and easier on my eyes. Sounds like you and your daughter had a very nice day!

Today's self care has been reading an actual book, but it's about diabetes. It may be healthy, but it's making me depressed and I'm already feeling down. (Honestly, I want to go to the grocery store and buy cookies right now. Fighting the urge.) :|

• MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Today's self care has been reading an actual book, but it's about diabetes. It may be healthy, but it's making me depressed and I'm already feeling down. (Honestly, I want to go to the grocery store and buy cookies right now. Fighting the urge.) :|

[/quote]

@SaraKim17
    Yes, I’ve experienced that with some of my nutrition & health research. Best to read something else or watch a comedy. Go back to it when you’re feeling better. That’s what I did, and it really helped.

What works for me: “Food won’t fix it; it will just give me another problem to deal with.” Call a friend? Go for a photo walk listening to awesome music? A magazine in a bath? Fresh flowers? Self-care is essential. PS. I avoid sweets, so I don’t get these cravings anymore- hard at first, SUPER easy to do later. Really.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Today I did a yoga class this morning, had an ice cream in the sun (within calorie limit) and had an hour sleep in the garden. Namaste 🙏🏻
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, thank you! Your words helped, and I started tidying up my home.

@bufger, sounds like a really nice day!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    spent some time with friends
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    July 15: went to an art fair, enjoyed the music, danced!!
    Ate breakfast outside!!!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Brought a picnic blanket to work and invited my coworkers to eat lunch in the park with me! We all usually eat at our desks, but it's so nice to get away from the screens and into the fresh air for a bit! I even remembered to re-apply my sunscreen before heading out!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Bookshop browsing is THE BEST!
  • Orphia
    Options
    5 km run
    Handstand practice
    Drew this with my Apple Pencil on my iPad Pro this morning.

nsjw1jahrmt8.jpg