JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Just saw this post this morning in FB & thought it applied... so true!

5fo77fc7rkar.png

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bonkers, stressful day. Can’t even bear to type it all up. Just want to eat copious amounts of toast right now but I am typing this instead.

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout βœ…
    - School early for meeting with G Mum βœ…
    - April challenge βœ…
    - May challenge βœ…
    - June challenge βœ… (I hope I’ve ridden it out now)
    - July challenge βœ…
    - Shopping and pick up car from my parents place after work βœ…
    - Suitcase! :s

Goals for Wednesday
    - morning workout
    - Pack yoga gear and outfit for meal out afterwards
    - Send back dress
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge (out for dinner at a restaurant that changes its menu daily so can’t prelog. Will make sensible choices and eat light through the rest of the day)
    - Leavers card and donation
    - Avoid leavers lunch
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Dinner then early night

Sorry for grumpy post. Think I need to put this day to bed! X
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Monthly Challenges:

July 1: Water :star: / Walk/Move :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 2: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :(
    July 3: Water :( / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :(
    July 4: Water :naughty: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 5: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :naughty:
    July 6: Water :neutral: Not as much as I wanted but not bad / Walk :naughty: but to be fair, I had PT and was pretty sore / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 7: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating: :star: / Planning :star:
    July 8: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 9: Missed logging
    July 10: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / mindful eating / :neutral: / Planning :star:
    July 11: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful eating :naughty: / Planning :star:
    July 12: Water :star: / Walk :star: not an actual walk, but I did make conscious effort to get up from my desk and move more than normal. Less Sitting. / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 13: Water :naughty: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :naughty: / Planning :naughty:
    July 14: Water: ⭐ / Walk ⭐ / Mindful Eating ⭐ Planning :naughty:
    July 15: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 16: Water :star: / Walk :naughty: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 17: Water :star: / Walk / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:

I didn't get on here to make goals for today because my doctor appointment went longer than I planned and then just plain got behind at work. BUT, I did do the monthly challenges above (except walking). I really cannot do the walking right now. Spine doctor confirmed that today. She had me cancel my physical therapy appointment for tomorrow also. I am having an MRI of spine done tomorrow early in the morning. And another MRI on Thursday of my hip. Then we see what we are looking at. Could be two separate surgeries. Hoping they are wrong and it's something easily fixed with an injection or two!

So, I was thinking, since I cannot do the actual walking outside for 15 minutes (May monthly challenge), I will substitute walking with "Self Care" for now until my hip and back are better. I'll challenge myself with finding 15 minutes to do something like listen to a podcast, read, meditate, write, etc.

@Snowflake1968 HUGS to you! You've had a rough go of it and I'm glad you're here with us and that you found your way!

@Bex953172 When I write in my gratitude journal, I'm not actually thanking anyone. I'm just listing things that I'm grateful for that day. It makes makes me focus on the happy or good things in life, big and small. I can't focus on negatives if I'm thinking about what I'm grateful for. That's how I approach it anyway. It's not for everyone, I know. I'm just sharing what works for me! We are all different! :heart:

Be the change you wish to see in the world
    2018 Theme: Persistence and Determination

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just saw this post this morning in FB & thought it applied... so true!

5fo77fc7rkar.png

LOVE THIS!!! SO TRUE!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    my goals are simple again
    1. log all food :)
    2. april challenge - get in those 8 darn cups of water!! WHy is this so hard for me to do!!! :) I have to drink 4 more glasses yet before bed ... but determined to make this happen today!
    3. may challenge - outside for 15 minutes (should be able to do this with bike ride!) :):D I met up with a group of people ..... rode 18 miles!!!! And I left before the rest of them finished .... and they still caught up with me! But ... for my defense ... I was the oldest one there! Most were in their 50s! SO I am kinda proud that I did the 18 miles ... but wow ... but butt hurts .... my legs feel like I've been on a horse all day LOL!!
    4. june challenge - mindful eating. I've been bad at this lately :/ Did really good until tonite ..... and had too many chocolate covered almonds.
    5. july challenge - plan ahead -- plan tomorrows dinner meal. Breakfast is always easy, as lunch is to. Its just dinners that are hard. :) Plan is to make BBQ pork chops - trying to clean out the freezer - but hubby hates them. He somehow thinks pork is bad for us. But.. he's getting them anyway!
    6. get back on here ... take the few minutes to post .... be accountable :)

Much better day today until tonite when I got into the choc covered almonds. Another impulse thing I bought at Trader Joes. But the good thing was the 18 mile bike ride - 2 hrs! So I am hoping that offset my mindless eating of almonds!

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge - water
    3. may challenge - 15 minute walk
    4. june challenge - mindful eating
    5. july challenge - plan ahead
    6. get back on here .. be accountable
  • mytime6630
    Options
    For those who journal or do like daily gratitude or positive affirmations
    What sort of things do you write?

Atm I'm going through a bit of a rough time and getting myself into a bit of a rut.
    Ot sure if it's a relapse in depression or just a general hard time but it's will be easier in the long run if I tackle it now rather than wallow in my own self pity.
    You may have picked up on my own self-loathing when getting advice about my 4 yo feeling like a failure and such. Well that feeling extends to the rest of my life too.

First step was telling my Oh. After 3 weeks of being argumentative with him I just told him and he's going to try help me out more for a while.

But seeing as the self loathing is my biggest problem that's what I want to address and what better way to tackle negative than a bit of positivity.

Bex, I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I find myself in that same rut from time to time (just last week actually!). I think sometimes my mind starts thinking all the negative stuff, and when that happens sometimes it is really hard to think of any of the positives. That's why a gratitude journal is good ... it kinda forces you to think about the good things. But it doesn't always work for everyone.. so you have to find something that works for you.

I used to keep a journal every nite when my kids were little. As soon as they would go to bed, my journal was really more like a diary. If I had a awful day ... thats what I wrote. It wasn't really a so-called "gratitude journal", it was more just a journal of what my mind was thinking. Somehow, just that act of writing it down made me feel better. You know ... how if you hold stuff in, you feel worse. For me, the writing it down, actually let me release some of those negative feelings. (And ... it was sometimes fun to go back and read what I wrote - but I was sure to hid it where noone could read it!! LOL ). Sometimes when I write down how upset I am with my daughter, or how stressed I am with work, or upset that hubby can't even help put his dishes away ..... its like it releases those thoughts, and I feel better. Anyhow, thats just me. Walking also helps me tremendously. I remember at times walking after the kids would be in bed .... and crying almost the entire walk. Just getting out all the frustration. But the time I would get home from my walk, I always felt better (thats why I did the May challenge- because I needed it!)

But I do hope you can find something that works for you. But saying that .... you have the most stressful years right now with 3 little ones to take care. If you were like I was .... hardly any adults to talk to. I swear, I used to be so happy just to go to the grocery store alone and have a adult to converse with. It is hard being a mom. So please be kind to yourself. After your kids are in bed (if you can), treat yourself to something special that might make yourself feel better.

Or .... come on here and talk!! We all love to hear from you ..... we all care... and we all love you to pieces!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I feel like it's an afternoon of let's make Hannah feel stupid at work...πŸ˜₯

NO NO!!! No one should make you feel stupid!! I hope your day got better <3
  • mytime6630
    Options

I have not had to go back on my medication, my husband and I are happier than we have been in years and I am truly happy with my life. (Except for being forced to be a salesperson) I am grateful my friend made me make a promise to her that I feel has helped me tremendously. I am also grateful that I found this group on MFP it has helped so much more than just my weight and "diet" it has helped my mental well being.

I know I wrote a novel, instead of just a little answer, but I am one that learns from others and I believe that without sharing your story how can anyone else truly understand you and where you came from. Learn from others experiences is how I have always lived and I feel that is how I best help others.

Wow - you have been through a lot! I am so so proud of how far you have come, and so happy to hear you and hubby are also much happier! This is why I love this group so much..... it is not just about losing weight and getting to a magic number. It is about changing our lives ... which you have done!

There is a saying that we are never given more than we can handle. Sometimes I want to just scream and say I can't handle anymore!! But I also believe that the more we are given ... the stronger we can become. And when we look back.... at all that we have been through ..... and we came out even stronger, having learned so much more. THis is what you have done! So proud of you, and so happy you are part of this fantastic group of people!
  • mytime6630
    Options

When I journal, I usually write whatever is on my mind. That is in a separate notebook. I write whatever comes to mind. If I had a crappy day, I write about what a crappy day I had and why it was crappy. Helps just to get it all out on paper. If I've got something on my mind, I write about it and sometimes as I'm writing, it works itself out or I figure it out. Some days I just write about what happened in my day, how it made me feel, etc. Just whatever I need to get out. Somehow it makes me feel better just getting it out.

You also have such a positive outlook on things .... so I can see where this is really helping you.

And .... congrats on passing your tests!!!! I had to look back a few pages to find this out! So proud of you!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @packerfaninGB

Yea! You got that monkey off your back!
    91jxmdb3z153.png
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Anyway!

JFT, 7/17/18

1. Up at 630πŸ˜„ Got up then went back to sleep
    2. Coffee/quiet time😊 Right between waking up and going back to sleep. Lol
    3. Yoga!!!πŸ˜‘ I'll say it again... Went back to sleep
    4. Work 815-515πŸ˜… Had a crappy hour and a half but the beginning was good and so was the ending
    5. Pick up library books!!!!😁 One of them I don't think I am going to read though so I think I'll return it tomorrow and get another one
    6. Get gasπŸ˜₯ Totally forgot ths morning and there were TORRENTIAL rain and storms on my way home
    7. Dinner(Taco turkey and rice)/Dishes!πŸ˜’/😫 Took me a half an hour to get home to find my DH eating leftovers. So I just had some of that and called it a night. Lol
    8. DH time😎 Just hung out on the couch together. I read. He played video games and watched baseball
    9. Kitchen closed by 9😁 Way before. I had my last beer at like 8 and got really sick to my stomach
    10. Shower/face/teeth☺
    11. Tech off by 10:30πŸ˜‘10:26 atm. Going to make a quick post and sign off
    12. Lights off by 11😎 Maybe.

The morning was good. The beginning of the afternoon sucked. The evening was good. Lol. Not feeling well and super tired so going to bed. I think I am going to start a gratitude journal for when I feel stupid so that I can get out of my head and focus on the positive. I have found that when I stay busy at work doing mundane things I am less likely to feel bad about myself. I think I'll need to start doing more of that sort of thing.

JFT, 7-18-18

1. Log all food
    2. Up at 630
    3. Quiet time
    4. Yoga
    5. Weigh myself
    6. Bring clothes to change into
    7. Work 815-515(maybe leave early)
    8. D's house
    9. Home by 10
    10. Bed by 12

I hope everyone has a great night!

• kaimbf123
    kaimbf123 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    JULY 17 GOALS:
    πŸ”² Stick to shake/supplement plan
    πŸ”² Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories, but up to 1600)
    πŸ”² Do any kind of exercise
    πŸ”² Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
  • mytime6630
    Options

So, I was thinking, since I cannot do the actual walking outside for 15 minutes (May monthly challenge), I will substitute walking with "Self Care" for now until my hip and back are better. I'll challenge myself with finding 15 minutes to do something like listen to a podcast, read, meditate, write, etc.

Great idea!!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Looooongest day ever! Something must be in the air, it looks like a few of us had a chaotic day! I did better today with balance and healthy eating, was able to get myself back on track. Definitely was jonesing for some fast food but-nope-stayed on track with meal planning.
    @Snowflake1968 I just wanted to say kudos for sharing about your mental health. I'm pretty open about my struggles with depression and anxiety, and it's really nice to know I'm not alone. Living with mental health takes a TON of strength, so I salute you :)

For today:
    House chores βœ…
    Do maximum pushups able βœ…-1 full, 3 modified
    30 minutes exercise βœ…
    1 hour TV maximum βœ…
    Track food and exercise βœ…
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups βœ…
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise βœ…-much more reasonable today!
    Water challenge-80 oz. βœ…
    Post here for accountability βœ…

For tomorrow:
    Enjoy evening with friends in town
    Make healthy choices eating out
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise (not sure how feasible this will be?)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • Faebert
    Options
    @jeschepp - back on track! Awesome job! Also doing a little victory dance here because I’ve just finished my workout. Had a terrible night’s sleep and was again very tempted to just skip it and eat toast but I pushed through. Phew!

Have a great day everyone x
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Just for today ...

I will once again drink a glass of water every hour.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: One extra yoghurt but these are tiny
    - 3 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Stop work by 7.45pm :/ 8.30!!! Will have to do fewer hours later in the week...
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :smile:
    - Finish reading article :smile:
    - Get tested on verbs :smile:
    - French conversation with boyfriend :smiley:
    - Get speech ready :/ Didn't have time along with everything else!

Today I have a French assessment - it's what I've been doing all my French in aid of, over the last couple of months! Hopefully it will go well. It's to see whether I am good enough to do an exam course where I would end up with an internationally recognised qualification. Cross fingers!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Prepare for test
    - Get speech ready
    - Relax!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It's 7:27 in the morning here. I've been up since 7. I can't begin to tell you how much I would love to go back to sleep for another 10 minutes or so! Lol. Even if it's just to cuddle with the DH. But I know that if I do I will have a seriously hard time getting up again. So I figured I'd pop on here and post.

I cant prelog dinner tonight since I am eating over D's and have no idea what's for dinner. I will ask later in the day but this early in the morning seems a little rude. Lol. I'm going to see if I can get out of work early. If I can, I think I will do my yoga then. I really want to do it but getting up at 630 is getting harder and harder. I think maybe I need to start going to bed earlier or not spending so much time sitting on the couch when I do get up. Lol. I think I'll have to switch my schedule around. Maybe do yoga first and then quiet time...IDK. I know that I am really missing it. There's a yoga studio near my work that I would love to go to but we have different things we want to do with our money first before I can start going so I guess it's Yoga With Adriene youtube videos for now! Lol.

We had torrential downpours and severe thunderstorms as I was leaving work last night. It took me a half an hour to get home when it usually takes me about 10. The streets in downtown were so flooded that my car probably hates me now. Lol. But the weather is supposed to be gorgeous the next few days. Low to mid 80's with very little humidity. But of course Sunday, the day the DH and I were going to go to the zoo, it's supposed to storm again with high heat and humidity! So that nixes those plans. We've been talking about it for a week now! :'( I guess we'll find something different to do. Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous though. Downtown is having a summer in the streets fair/festival kind of thing. I'm helping my mom set up her booth and then spending a few hours working at my bank's booth. I'll be getting paid time off for that. Too bad I won't be able to use it for a while. LK is leaving next week so it'll be me and LM until our RVP decides to hire someone. Problem is, he hasn't even started interviews or anything. It drives us crazy how he does this! Our bank is so short-staffed it's insane. I feel like every month we lose 2 peoples!

Anyway, thank you for listening to me ramble! It's probably time for me to start getting ready. Lol
  • Faebert
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: One extra yoghurt but these are tiny
    - 3 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Stop work by 7.45pm :/ 8.30!!! Will have to do fewer hours later in the week...
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :smile:
    - Finish reading article :smile:
    - Get tested on verbs :smile:
    - French conversation with boyfriend :smiley:
    - Get speech ready :/ Didn't have time along with everything else!

Today I have a French assessment - it's what I've been doing all my French in aid of, over the last couple of months! Hopefully it will go well. It's to see whether I am good enough to do an exam course where I would end up with an internationally recognised qualification. Cross fingers!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Prepare for test
    - Get speech ready
    - Relax!

Good luck for your exam!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Whoops I missed posting goals for yesterday!

Things I did well: ate only when hungry, even though that meant pushing something I had logged for yesterday to today, adhered to my meal plan, and prepped my lentil stew for the next few days first thing in the morning. Things I did poorly: only 6 glasses of water and forgot my physical therapy last night.

I need some extra accountability today so I'm going to post my full list of goals.

Just for today:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening.
    4. Yoga! I have slacked on the activity since starting work.
    5. Laundry.
    6. Recycle glass.
    7. Duolingo French practice
    8. Review sale ads, menu plan for the week, and prelog.
    9. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am.