What things are you irrational about?

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    I have a lot of cell phone irks. How about when people walk around with their phone on speaker phone in public.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I have a lot of cell phone irks. How about when people walk around with their phone on speaker phone in public.

or when they walk up to somone who is supposed to do something for them (like a food service employee) talking on their headset. Its so freaking confusing for the person trying to provide good customer service

Or, I was in line at a store one time and this lady was talking loudly on her phone and cussing out the person on the other end the whole time, the poor cashier was so embarrassed, she didn't know what to do.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    The sound of anyone else eating or chewing anything.

Yes. I have a coworker who chews loudly every day and it irks me to no end

Top shelf

Don't you start with me

I feel like this thread should be home for you.

I can't even argue with you because you're right (as always)

FTFY
  • Caporegiem
    The sound of anyone else eating or chewing anything.

Yes. I have a coworker who chews loudly every day and it irks me to no end

Top shelf

Don't you start with me

I feel like this thread should be home for you.

I can't even argue with you because you're right (as always)

FTFY

I always say that

FTFY
  • AmberGlitterSparkles

or when they walk up to somone who is supposed to do something for them (like a food service employee) talking on their headset. Its so freaking confusing for the person trying to provide good customer service

Or, I was in line at a store one time and this lady was talking loudly on her phone and cussing out the person on the other end the whole time, the poor cashier was so embarrassed, she didn't know what to do.

Exactly! This drives me insane. Or when they make a mess and throw their garbage on the ground and such. I have actually heard someone say “well that’s what they get laid for.” No, no it’s not. For accidents yes, sure. Not for someone to be too lazy to walk to the garbage can.
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Drinking, lately I drink too much.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    People talking about very personal things on their phones in public. I’m neurotic about my phone to begin with. I don’t like anyone touching it or looking through it for listening to me talking on it. So when other people are out loudly talking about how their ex cheated on them and got herpes. I don’t wanna hear it!

Me too or when they’re in speakerphone in the car and they think nobody can here them???
    While we are on the subject why do people think picking their nose in the car is acceptable when they would never do it in public, your surrounded by windows, you are still in public!

Privacy is lacking in this day and age that’s all
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Customers who come into my shop at the very end of the day (blinds are down)it is clear we are about to close. Still they ask to be served.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I have to have the bed sheets and bedspread tucked in on my side of the bed. Also, I can't stand for the shower curtain to touch me while I'm showering. Strange I know.....
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    Customers who come into my shop at the very end of the day (blinds are down)it is clear we are about to close. Still they ask to be served.

I remember those days! It’s awful! They always seem to be the people who don’t know what they want, too.

Also, when people are in line at a store and keep running off to get more things. Have your stuff ready!
  • Caporegiem

Agreed. After my high school job I've always refused to go to a store if there's less than 30 minutes til they close.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'll need to revisit this on the 22nd

Why?

22/7 (The date as non-Americans write it) is a closer approximation of Pi than March 14th.

So is that your Pi day?

I observe both as an excuse to eat an irrational amount of pie

A rational amount of pie can still be a lot of pie.

No need to bring irrational numbers into this.

But irrational thread.

I'm irrational about people touching things that belong to me, no matter how harmless. Put a flyer under my wiper? I'm outraged you touched my car. Don't come over to my desk and start sliding stuff out of the way.

My planet plates go in order. Don't put away my dishes.

So now I need to know if your planet plates have Pluto or not? Do you ever use your Pluto Plate? I wouldn't. It would never clear the rest of the dishes in its orbit.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    When people are on their phone texting during dinner or if spending time with friends/family. Very rude.

Social media is the bane of real connection with others. I have endured dinner company so obsessed with their phones, thumbs constantly moving, cannot bear to look away, I'm literally grossed out by those moving thumbs.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Saran Wrap. I *kitten* hate it :lol:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

Why?

22/7 (The date as non-Americans write it) is a closer approximation of Pi than March 14th.

So is that your Pi day?

But irrational thread.

I'm irrational about people touching things that belong to me, no matter how harmless. Put a flyer under my wiper? I'm outraged you touched my car. Don't come over to my desk and start sliding stuff out of the way.

So now I need to know if your planet plates have Pluto or not? Do you ever use your Pluto Plate? I wouldn't. It would never clear the rest of the dishes in its orbit.

I just adore you.

The set does not include Pluto.

Have you met our space thread? I suspect you would feel right at home there. There’s not even any #babybathtime pics
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2018
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Why?

So is that your Pi day?

But irrational thread.

I just adore you.

Have you met our space thread? I suspect you would feel right at home there. There’s not even any #babybathtime pics

I was wondering what a planet taking a bath would look like and this is as closet thing I found. It's weird there aren't any pics of planets taking a bath which makes me irrational.

40h2xd3d67pn.jpg
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Why?

So is that your Pi day?

But irrational thread.

I just adore you.

I was wondering what a planet taking a bath would look like and this is as closet thing I found. It's weird there aren't any pics of planets taking a bath which makes me irrational.

40h2xd3d67pn.jpg

I’m irrationally happy that you googled this