Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Day 167 according to my Nomo app. (Haven't checked it for a while.)

I went for lunch with a bunch of workmates today to celebrate one of their birthdays, and suddenly found myself in a social situation where nearly everybody was drinking bubbly.

I just drank water. Success! This is compared to two weeks ago when I turned down a work function due to fear of a social situation.

I noticed I was actually worried about drinking, rather than wanting to drink. The drinks didn't look tempting, but rather, a bit scary.

I'm pretty happy about that!

Congrats on your success.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    Wow, I didn’t know this existed
    I’m an alcoholic
    Decided it was too much when I found it impossible not to drink at 8am

For alcoholics it has to be all or nothing
    I’ve done the all
    Having a go at the nothing

I’m one week in
    :-)
    Cold turkey all the way

welcome. There are some great resources in the list.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @salleewins You are impressive. Are you going to do anything to commemorate the 6 month mark?

@JulieAL1969 That really sucks about the anxiety. I think like everyone I have had touches of it but it was never 3 days worth. I hate that you love your birthday so much and this was the outcome. Would it be a good idea to plan a fun couple of days to make up for it?

@imfitasacello It is such a good feeling to get that first win. Hopefully it is the first of many.
  • 66ceejay
    66ceejay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I’ve done horrible. And it’s already half of July 😪 I think one day I have not drank. I have made it a horrible habit. Well it’s never to late, right?!

Absolutely, right! :flowerforyou:
    You can do this.

Keep going take one day at a time