Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @shanaber

like image with the word spoiler instead. []... [/]
    i started doing it so people who don't care about puppy pics don't have to scroll past. or if i have other awesome photos those that are interested can look, those that aren't can keep scrolling.

I'll drive up for the 5k :smile:
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @shanaber
    like image with the word spoiler instead. []... [/]
    i started doing it so people who don't care about puppy pics don't have to scroll past. or if i have other awesome photos those that are interested can look, those that aren't can keep scrolling.
    I just figured this out recently, too. You can also click the button that looks like a backwards P with an I beside it ("paragraph sign" what is that thingy called anyway?) and select Spoiler.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Prime question of the day: I bought 3 paperbacks that had been on my saved for later list anyway, a box of Nuun, and a $0.99 Kindle book that was free after the $1 reward from previously accepting slower-than-prime shipping.

Rest day today. Not terribly hot, but annoyingly humid out. I'm sure it would feel better if I were running.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 that's great! I would be super excited as well.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a good laugh from all of the church observations. I do find myself frequently feeling more connectedness with God when I'm out on a run in nature, than in some church services I've been to, and it can be easier to focus on things I'm working through while running... but since becoming a runner I also find my feet wanting to move more to the music when I'm in church, like my body's response is that running is a part of me and I should be running while singing. I guess it's all a part of who I am, and makes sense that things would "overflow" from one part of my life into other parts.

I think my runs are often the most prayer-ful part of my week. And that's not just the "please, God, don't let me die on this hill!" sort of prayers, lol. It's very meditative and I feel a sense of peace on the trail that is sometimes lacking in formal church. That's not to say that I don't want to go to church--it's a necessary part of faith for me--but being outdoors and letting my mind go where it will seems to lead to a sense of connectedness, as you say, that is hard to find elsewhere.

Completely agree. I haven't formally been to church in years, but I feel closer to God when I'm out there giving it my all!
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I get the points because I have an Amazon card. And if you are going to fly in from California and you want me to drive from Pittsburgh just to run a 5k at Lambeau, we better find another longer race nearby around the same time or at least plan a long trail run.... Driving 750 miles to run 3 is tough to justify... lol
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    A day behind in posts... I TRIED to read them all but somehow missed this prime day question... I spent WAY too much. WAY TOO much. New backpack, Ring Doorbell, UPSs, and so much more. It is not even all arrived yet! :lol:

No run today... more house paperwork mess. Been living here three days now, and still have not closed because bankers are being... well... bankers. They keep asking for more paperwork.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom great news no stress fracture for Skip! I had a feeling it wasn't.... :p
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom woo hoo thats brilliant news!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom YAY!!! WOOHOO!! 3 CHEERS FOR PATELLA TENDINITIS!

Err... well, you know :lol: