Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• rickdkitson
    rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2018
    As a kid and young adult I was always skinny. (Graduated high school with a BMI of 18, 4 years later after University it was only 19.) I didn't start really gaining weight until I was 30 then it was gradual and not really noticeable.

I calculated it many years later and it was just over 30.
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    I’ve never really liked how I looked. I got down to my ideal weight a couple times before but always end up gaining it back because I don’t know how to eat at maintanence. I’m only good at dieting or eating terribly

Nothing really happened that made me start. I’ve been meaning to get to it for a couple months, but my mom and her coworker told me they’re doing a little competition to see who can stick to their diet the longest. That made me want to start eating healthier too. At first I was just trying to “make healthier choices” but I’m an all or nothing kind of person so here I am, counting calories and weighing all my food again lol

(Does anyone else feel unmotivated to diet for the longest time then randomly feel extremely motivated for no reason whatsoever?)
  • coyledanielle
    coyledanielle Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve split one skirt and two dresses in the past 6months as my a** doesn’t fit into them any more.

Decided clearly even my clothing were telling me to sort my life out. Started last week and lost 2 pounds so it’s a good start.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • Ktmom19
    Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
    For me it was weighing 10 lbs more than I did at full term pregnancy. When I realized I weighed that much more than when I was due to have my child, that was the final straw. I am also sick of being the fat one in a petite family. They do not love me any less. But I am tired of being miserable, feeling lousy, and having clothes that don't fit!
  • aaronecobb
    aaronecobb Posts: 3 Member
    Remebering when i loss 80 lbs ten years ago and realizing i gained it back(mostly muscle) but still looking large. Got a 4 year old and new baby on the way wanna be around for them. Also we going to disney next year so gotta get my body back in walking shape again.trying to lose 80 again..
  • DanniB78
    DanniB78 Posts: 6 Member
    I didn't want to be fat and 40. I started my new lifestyle in April and turned 40 in June. I am down almost 20 pounds to date.
  • BMP6285
    BMP6285 Posts: 2 Member
    When my clothing stopped fitting, when I realized that I could save money by eating less, when I started having stomach acid pain in the middle of the night 😞 when I felt better after exercising, eating well, and engaging in self-care ♥️
  • lyricaloutlaws
    lyricaloutlaws Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2018
    I
  • skirk1187
    skirk1187 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm tired of being tired all the time, being out of breath with the slightest exercise. I just became a Brownie leader, so I want to be a good role model and I want to be able to be active with them. Oh and we're going on Brownie camp in May, I don't want to be the chubby leader who snores lol. Then thinking about what to wear on camp, I tried on some outdoor-walking-activity type trousers I bought a year or so back... When I got them, I could fasten them, just. Wouldn't have dare try to sit down incase they split lol, but I was going to work out and eat well till they fit. Now they wont even get close to fastening :( so yea, 9 months time when I'm packing for Brownie camp I want to fit in the activity trousers comfortably.
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Watched my father in law go through a quadruple by pass, and have a stroke. Don't want to put my wife and kids through that.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    The day I was with my husband for his Drs appointment and he was diagnosed with Type 2. *kitten* got real, and I realized we both needed a lifestyle change.
  • nb297
    nb297 Posts: 9 Member
    same, stepped on the scale at my routine physical on tuesday, and i weighed 209, i weighed 190......in 2006......9 months pregnant and my daughter was 9lbs born. Turning 40 in 2 months, and i hate that i actually "like" the mom jeans....hides my tummy.
  • Floatingpencil
    Floatingpencil Posts: 25 Member
    I got on the scales! I knew I was fat, but I hadn't realised that I was a good 20lbs heavier than I thought I was. And as I'm in my early forties, I decided I'd better sort myself out before the 'change' hits and it becomes more difficult. Not to mention that I'm healthy NOW but can't expect that to continue if my bad habits do.

Terrified of getting loose skin, though. And when someone said I'd look older...god. Looking younger than my age is literally the ONLY thing I like about how I look. I take damn good care of my skin, and the thought of getting wrinkles because I lost weight is horrifying. But the longer I wait, the worse I'll make those two problems, so time to sort it out.