Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• txkatgrace
    txkatgrace Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I saw myself in a picture after I had been at my current position for a couple of years. I didn't realize how big I looked, the camera really does add ten or more pounds. I also have some health problems, I have a small benign tumor and the extra weight began to aggravate. My energy goes up and down. I am trying to get to the point where I am healthy, and don't have the extra problems brought on by the extra weight.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Going to snorkel in Maui for the 2nd time in six months, and this time the xl flotation band wouldn't fit around my waist. That was really the moment I knew I was getting very uncomfortable with this weight.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have numerious health issues. The two biggest ones are asthema and allergirerise that led a bad case of pneumonia in 2008 that caused me to be hospitalized for 3 weeks and sugery to take part of my left lung is the first biggy the second one is 3 total knee replacements in a three year time frame to being morbidly obese lost 84 pounds and then regained 70 of it now loosing it again this time to keep it off.
  • cleliajestrada
    cleliajestrada Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    dougl004 wrote: »
    My story is a little funny. I was sitting in my chilly office with a small jacket on. I leaned back to yawn and a button from my jacket popped off and flew accross the room. That was my AH HA moment. What was yours?

Mine was when I was told the liver enzymes rose to 92. Then in 2 weeks 115. (Max 42) and I cried thinking I'm going to die. I stopped zoloft immediately and began to ear different immediately. I retested and numbers dropped to 72. Unsure what caused that but then dr cAllee me w results and I cried and just continued to diet. U have lost 2 lbs a week. Total 6 in 3 weeks. From April 1 (unintentionally )lost total 8. From Jan 13 total.
  • Stevie1050
    Stevie1050 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was around my heaviest at the end of high school, and when I heard about the dreaded "freshman fifteen" it scared me so bad I actually ended up losing lol.
  • clairelouisekaa
    clairelouisekaa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The doctor told me I was killing myself slowly !!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    felt so bad about myself, wanted to leave my work which I did, felt disrespected in other areas of my life which now I feel better can say No more and just have more confidence and take care of myself now. I was getting taken for granted a lot before.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Was suffering pain in my hip for three years due to wear and tear and a broken fib/Tib from 25 years ago was also starting to hurt, was diagnosed with post traumatic osteo Arthritis and told nothing I could do except to wait until the pain was bad enough for surgery, I even asked if losing weight would help and was told no. When my son announced his wedding i decided I wanted to look good in the wedding photos and coincidentally was offered a gym membership in the same building as my office. Six months later and another two months until the wedding I am down nearly three stone and have no pain in my hip or ankle (although that has been replaced by other "good" pains.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My initial aha moment was when my son who has ADHD ran away from me and almost got hit by a car. I was too overweight and unfit to catch him. I went on to lose 28lbs and became superfit.
    Unfortunately I developed fibromyalgia 3 years ago and recently had a major flare which put me in hospital. Since then I have been too unwell to workout and fell into old eating habits. I have regained all my weight + 12lbs. My moment this time is I have just returned from a family holiday and didn't put my swimsuit on once as I felt so uncomfortable. This is not setting a good example to my twins who are 12. Plus I am sure my pain levels would be reduced if I weighed less.
  • rokos2
    rokos2 Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Whenever I burn popcorn....and then I make another bag...while still eating the previously burnt popcorn. I was like.....whaaaat am I doing! Also hit the age of 33 and decided I want to be one of those middle aged people that still get ID'ed :)
    haha :) i am about to turn 33 and something clicked and i was like "jeez i don't want to be a fat 33 lets do this" :) and it worked. i also saw a hilarious video my husband took of me and the kids dancing in the water on vacation and i looked like a crazy barrel... then we showed to video to family and i was so embarrassed. i look and feel much better already the confidence is coming back.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i was fat, well not fat fat but chubby
    one day i said to myself if u keep like this u will die young and fat
    boom i changed my life
    now ill die old and healthy and fit
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    When I went to Florida last year and I couldn't get the bar on the roller coaster across my waist, I was very embarrassed and told myself that when I go back in December (this year) I won't have the same problem.
  • Arv7421
    Arv7421 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i was told that my knees are suffering due to my weight and if this goes on they need to be surgically replaced... i decided to reduce my weight rather than getting new sets of leg hinges... LOL :wink:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Doctor's orders. Pre-diabetic and needing to get activity level up and weight down a bit.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was fat and sick and felt just ugly.
    After an annual physical, the doc gave me some bad news: "You're fat, sick and ugly:...or something to that effect...
    I just decided not to be that guy another day, so I got to work, lost over 100 pounds and am now working to just sharpen that health saw.